Pigeon Forge vs Gatlinburg-Pittman

tigerballs57

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this week will be a good week for the Tigers. They showed a little fight last week although the score made it look worse than it was. Some defensive intensity and more consistent offense could make this a blowout in PF's favor. :thumb:

Oh but no...PF got trucked last week. The score wasn't as close as y'all would've liked it. Don't kid yourselves.

The Tigers are having way too much of a problem going to that spread offense and from reports G-P has made a step back towards the old G-P of being just flat out physically dominating in their run game.

I'd take G-P based on what I saw last week in Rutledge.

Oh but no...PF got trucked last week. The score wasn't as close as y'all would've liked it. Don't kid yourselves.

The Tigers are having way too much of a problem going to that spread offense and from reports G-P has made a step back towards the old G-P of being just flat out physically dominating in their run game.

I'd take G-P based on what I saw last week in Rutledge.

As far as the game goes, as bad as I hate to say it, I think the Highlanders will reign supreme again. BUT, if the Tigers show up and are ready to play as they were last year I agree with BEEF this could get ugly, especially with GPs lack of pass defense. But I need to ask you a question there KevB, if you live in Cincy how in the world do you know what exactly happened last week, I mean if you drove down for the game then I apologize, but short of that word-of-mouth is the only other way you could have heard about the game, and we all know that facts can be very misconstrued, especially if they have to travel all the way from the Middle of Nowhere, I mean Rutledge, to Cincy. Just wondering, any way GO TIGERS!!!!! B)

I know G.P. is not the same team they were last year. Unfortunately they are much improved. BUT... if the Tigers come to play this one with the same intensity as last year, the boys in the kilts are goin home sore! Maybe the highlanders should paint PFs steps again this year. That sure did seem to help em didn't it? B)

If the Tigers can do to these Highlanders what Cosby did to the one's from Roan Mt. last week..... boy howdy!!! Go Tigers B)

I know G.P. is not the same team they were last year. Unfortunately they are much improved. BUT... if the Tigers come to play this one with the same intensity as last year, the boys in the kilts are goin home sore! Maybe the highlanders should paint PFs steps again this year. That sure did seem to help em didn't it? B)

If the Tigers can do to these Highlanders what Cosby did to the one's from Roan Mt. last week..... boy howdy!!! Go Tigers B)

I hate to say it but your crazy. GP has run the ball down everyones throats all year and i dont think that will change against pigeon forge. besides, pass defense doesnt matter if harper is lying on the ground. GP is mad and ready to fight. I take GP in a landslide. GP-35 PF-7. The Highlanders are back to the good ole days of dominating all takers.

As far as the game goes, as bad as I hate to say it, I think the Highlanders will reign supreme again. BUT, if the Tigers show up and are ready to play as they were last year I agree with BEEF this could get ugly, especially with GPs lack of pass defense. But I need to ask you a question there KevB, if you live in Cincy how in the world do you know what exactly happened last week, I mean if you drove down for the game then I apologize, but short of that word-of-mouth is the only other way you could have heard about the game, and we all know that facts can be very misconstrued, especially if they have to travel all the way from the Middle of Nowhere, I mean Rutledge, to Cincy. Just wondering, any way GO TIGERS!!!!! B)

Big Blue, what do you know about the G-P pass defense that the statistics are not bearing out? What I am saying is that Oliver Springs completed 1(one) pass for little yardage and Chuckey completed 7 of 18 for 99 yards(less than 40%). That appears fairly sound. What do you mean by "lack of pass defense" ?

Big Blue, what do you know about the G-P pass defense that the statistics are not bearing out? What I am saying is that Oliver Springs completed 1(one) pass for little yardage and Chuckey completed 7 of 18 for 99 yards(less than 40%). That appears fairly sound. What do you mean by "lack of pass defense" ?

I'll take this one, GP's offense is predictable, and GP's defense is predictable...if PF can execute and block a little they should be able to put the skirts away. B)

I'll take this one, GP's offense is predictable, and GP's defense is predictable...if PF can execute and block a little they should be able to put the skirts away. :thumb:

That response makes no sense. Predictable offense? Yes everyone knows GP will run the ball since they average over 300 yards per game. Predictable defense? This one really makes no sense. Yes PF knows what base defense GP runs but that does not guarantee success for PF. PF will be playing the run but that does not mean they can stop it.

The original question to BigBlue was about HIS statement of GP having a weak pass defense. Maybe BigBlue knows something that one cannot derive from the previous two game statistics. I am interested in HIS response. The question was politely addressed to Big Blue, but BinB must think either BigBlue is incapable of addressing this or either BinB is the PF board police. I would suspect that BigBlue is quite capable.

That response makes no sense. Predictable offense? Yes everyone knows GP will run the ball since they average over 300 yards per game. Predictable defense? This one really makes no sense. Yes PF knows what base defense GP runs but that does not guarantee success for PF. PF will be playing the run but that does not mean they can stop it.

The original question to BigBlue was about HIS statement of GP having a weak pass defense. Maybe BigBlue knows something that one cannot derive from the previous two game statistics. I am interested in HIS response. The question was politely addressed to Big Blue, but BinB must think either BigBlue is incapable of addressing this or either BinB is the PF board police. I would suspect that BigBlue is quite capable.

Doesn't make sense?...let's review, I said GP is predictable on both sides of the ball. That means in my opinion PF should know what GP will run and how they will defend. I then followed that up by saying if PF can execute and block they should win. Now, if they know what is coming at them and then execute well both defensively and offensively I see PF winning. What more does it take to win...Good gameplan and good execution, sounds like a winning combo to me.

Please let me apologize for speaking out of turn. I was under the impression that this was an open forum...My mistake.

I agree with BigBlue about the pass D. GP has a very simple pass defense that should be easy to exploit IF you execute. I am assuming that with those stats from the first two games, they were not facing big passing threat.