JCM-Haywood County

Yanker

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Volunteer, what was the deal with your south goal post why is it slanted? I noticed it when we (germantown) played at the rock. By the way someone told me that that used to be part of the Union University campus. was the goal post the result of one of jacksons past devistating tornados?

I know it was damaged during the last tornado episode. I don`t know if it wasn`t repaired properly or not at all. I hold the chains and always tell the refs to be sure and tilt their heads when they are back there for a field goal. The schools are a county system, but the city owns Rothrock. They have no real reason to fix it, nor does the county want to fix something owned by the city.

In the meantime kickers will just have to adjust to "the lean factor".

Attention to those going to the game at Rothrock this week. WBBJ has reported tonight that renovations have begun to the stadium. The superintendent of schools suggested bringing a pillow or some sort of stadium seat to sit on as some bleachers may be gone for repairs. I`m not sure if this is just the home side or the visitors side as well. Maybe the Yanker can swing by on his lunch break tomorrow and have a look and give us all an eyewitness report before the game.

Attention to those going to the game at Rothrock this week. WBBJ has reported tonight that renovations have begun to the stadium. The superintendent of schools suggested bringing a pillow or some sort of stadium seat to sit on as some bleachers may be gone for repairs. I`m not sure if this is just the home side or the visitors side as well. Maybe the Yanker can swing by on his lunch break tomorrow and have a look and give us all an eyewitness report before the game.

Why wouldnt they do renovations during the summer?Sounds like something Memphis would do.

The YANKER has come by the office for a few minutes this morning. I am taking the day off to spend it with my father. We won't be going to the "ROCK" until gametime but I am glad renovations have begun. They are needed and the YANKER does not mind whatever inconvenience they may bring. JCM will be victorious tonight at the "ROCK"!!!!!

I drove by the stadium today and sure enough all the flat bleachers are gone on both sides of the field. The only seating left is the high back seats that are in front of the press box. Some of that is reserved seating but not all. If you don`t want to have to sit on concrete then get there early.

From what I read in the Jackson Sun this morning it sounds like they haven`t even taken bids yet to replace them. How freaking idiotic is this? The city owns the stadium so I`m guessing the mayor had something to do with this.