JCM-Haywood County

Yanker

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,I must say Haywood has the defense,one that could hold down JCM's offense for a bit.If the defense comes ready for JCM and the offense does nothing,then when the defense wears down,if it wears down,JCM will pulverize Haywood.But,if the offense can actually do something this week,Haywood earns win number 1.

I'm neutral but I pick an upset.

Haywood 14

JCM 7

In order for this to happen, JCM's D would have to lay down for a half, and I don't think that is likely. I don't think the Cougar offense will be able to hang many points on Haywood, but they should be able to do so enough to win by 2 TD's.

JCM will be victorious in this one.

The YANKER thanks you my "Crockerpotful Wonder"!!!!!

In order for this to happen, JCM's D would have to lay down for a half, and I don't think that is likely. I don't think the Cougar offense will be able to hang many points on Haywood, but they should be able to do so enough to win by 2 TD's.

Thanks for your input my "Rapidly Maturing Cephus"!!!!

Where are all of the "Old Timers" out there??? My father has told me for as long as I can remember that this game is the BIGGEST rivalry in West Tennessee. At least it was in his day...he has told me this FOREVER!!!!! This game is so BIG with him that he will attend the game with me against doctor's orders...which truly scares the YANKER because I want my father around forever. As mighty as the YANKER may seem, I cannot tell my father what to do...he does what he wants and I will ALWAYS respect his wishes. So we will go to this game together, as we have in recent years...and the YANKER will be more nervous than normal...for one reason much more than the other.

Hum...I honestly dont remember anything good on Haywood's side of the ball from our scrimmage with them. I think JCM wins by 21. The only reason I dont say 28 or more is because I can see JCM jumping way ahead and playing 2nd and 3rd string after the half or maybe even doing some experimenting with positions and plays. I hate to say it, but this could be the game where JCM's offense gets rolling.

HAYWOOD-7 (late TD against 2nd/3rd string)

JCM-28

This is an old old old rivalry. Haywood is 0-2. They had Dyer County beat and let it slip away late. They lost to Sheffield in week 1 12-0. Sheffield knocked off Trezevant last Friday. (also Sheffield was the team that knocked D`burg out of the playoffs in the 1st round last year) This could either be gut check time for Haywood or "hang it up" time. If Coach Stowe is worth his salt he`ll have the Tomcats up for this one.

I saw some signs of improvement in JCM`s offense last week. That`s a good sign. The recievers made some nice catches. What this amounts to is bad news for Haywood and JCM`s region foes.

Hey Volunteer, what was the deal with your south goal post why is it slanted? I noticed it when we (germantown) played at the rock. By the way someone told me that that used to be part of the Union University campus. was the goal post the result of one of jacksons past devistating tornados?

Hey Volunteer, what was the deal with your south goal post why is it slanted? I noticed it when we (germantown) played at the rock. By the way someone told me that that used to be part of the Union University campus. was the goal post the result of one of jacksons past devistating tornados?

The city of Jackson has always owned Rothrock. It was never part of their campus. I couldn't tell you why the post leans, but it has been that way for a couple of years. I think its been that way before the tornado that went through downtown Jackson.