Cherokee n Cloudland

foreveranole

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand the thing with Cloudland playing 5A teams. I heard from my son that one player might have a broken ankle.

When Cloudland was really good, most of the smaller local schools dropped Cloudland. It was either travel alot or schedule some bigger schools in the area. Cloudland has played a few 4a schools ,but no 5a schools. I think it will be easier for Cloudland to find people to play the next round. Teams that dropped Cloudland was South Greene, Johnson Co, Happy Valley, Unicoi.Chucky Doak. All these teams will be happy to play Cloudland now. All of these games always brought good gates, good local rivalries. Good luck to the injuried player, Cloudland is not a very deep team.

I still don't understand the thing with Cloudland playing 5A teams. I heard from my son that one player might have a broken ankle.

[/quo i hate to hear we have another player injured,do you know who it was?this could turn out to be one of the worst seasons ever for cloudland.I know cherokee is a 4-A school i was just wandering why we scheduled that school from south carolina (prince avenue prep).http://www.princeavenueprep.com/from what i've read and been told these guys have three national championships under their belt.two in 8 man football and one in 11 man.this game could be one of our worst defeats in history if these guys are as good as they say.

Edited by cuda44069

Maybe Prince Avenue Prep will only play 8 men against Cloudland.

If Cloudland plays 8 man they will be crushed. Cause in 8 man, you play with only 3 linemen: a center and 2 gaurds. From what I've seen of Prince Avenue (which is pretty much only pictures) is 8 man will take Cloudland's only advantage away. Their size.... But even if they play 11 man, it will be ugly. PA Prep dosen't have large #'s, so to be as good as they are that means they are in great shape. I think they will run all over (well, around) Cloudland. They will probably be the quickest team, by far, Cloudland has ever seen.

Edited by Rangerbook06

If Cloudland plays 8 man they will be crushed. Cause in 8 man, you play with only 3 linemen: a center and 2 gaurds. From what I've seen of Prince Avenue (which is pretty much only pictures) is 8 man will take Cloudland's only advantage away. Their size.... But even if they play 11 man, it will be ugly. PA Prep dosen't have large #'s, so to be as good as they are that means they are in great shape. I think they will run all over (well, around) Cloudland. They will probably be the quickest team, by far, Cloudland has ever seen.

Well maybe they will let Cloudland play 11 and they will just field 8.

yeah that might be our only chance of winning

I rather doubt it! Most of the Prep boys are D-I candidates that are struggling with school. Thats what prep schools are for. College prep schools are notorious for recruiting top athletes that are questionable in the classrooms. I would imagine nearly half of their team is on scholarship as well. It would be interesting to know how mant of their grads are signed to play college ball.

I think that Prince Avenue has a 11 man team for the fall, and play 8 and a 5 man team in the winter and spring I think. Pujo said it best, Cloudland has to play 4A teams becouse no one will play them in the area. Several years ago they played Happy Valley, Johnson Co, and last year played a team from KY. I think that the TSSAA should make some kind of rule about playing teams closer to home. 3 or 4 years ago people would have packed the stands to watch Cloudland and Elizabethton go head to head, and see the Cyclones face the Hampton last year and this year. That is the only way you can stop 1A teams from playing the bigger 4A teams.

Also before anyone says Johnson Co, and Elizabethton are big 4A schools the last time I checked both could play in 3A or smaller but choose to play in 4A.