Cherokee n Cloudland

foreveranole

I think that Prince Avenue has a 11 man team for the fall, and play 8 and a 5 man team in the winter and spring I think. Pujo said it best, Cloudland has to play 4A teams becouse no one will play them in the area. Several years ago they played Happy Valley, Johnson Co, and last year played a team from KY. I think that the TSSAA should make some kind of rule about playing teams closer to home. 3 or 4 years ago people would have packed the stands to watch Cloudland and Elizabethton go head to head, and see the Cyclones face the Hampton last year and this year. That is the only way you can stop 1A teams from playing the bigger 4A teams.

Also before anyone says Johnson Co, and Elizabethton are big 4A schools the last time I checked both could play in 3A or smaller but choose to play in 4A.

Yeah. In the local 4A conferance, Elizabethton, Johnson County, Unicoi County, and Sullivan North are all 3A size schools, they just choose to play 4A for travel reasons... Either the last classifacating period or the one before, these 4 schools, along with Greeneville (which is 3A size but playes 4A), Rutledge, and I believe Claiborne were going to join and be Region 1 AAA. But the powers that be at Elizabethton and Greeneville wouldn't do it...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. In the local 4A conferance, Elizabethton, Johnson County, Unicoi County, and Sullivan North are all 3A size schools, they just choose to play 4A for travel reasons... Either the last classifacating period or the one before, these 4 schools, along with Greeneville (which is 3A size but playes 4A), Rutledge, and I believe Claiborne were going to join and be Region 1 AAA. But the powers that be at Elizabethton and Greeneville wouldn't do it...

I've always thought it would be good for these teams to form a 3a region. I guess the gate is what keeps them in 4a. Cloudland will have no problem getting schools this time around, give um a couple years. They should be tough for at least 7 years. I can't wait.

I've always thought it would be good for these teams to form a 3a region. I guess the gate is what keeps them in 4a. Cloudland will have no problem getting schools this time around, give um a couple years. They should be tough for at least 7 years. I can't wait.

I could see Betsy playing in this 3a region, but it would really be way more travel for Greeneville. Cocke County, Morristown, Cherokee,Crockett and Boone are only about a 20 minute drive from Greeneville. They have always played these schools , and with enrollment rising every year will be 4a soon enough.