Maryville v. Powell

DCM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no way Maryville will over look anyone on their schedule, especially Powell. Besides Central, Powell has gotten the closest to upsetting Maryville. If you dont remember, Powell almost beat Maryville 2 years ago when Cody Watts was a junior. If it wasnt for some bad calls by the refs, then Powell couldve walked out of Maryville winners. And if it wasnt for some key fumbles in other games, Powell couldve made some more games pretty close. Look for Maryville to be prepared for this one like they are against every opponent that they play. Thats why they have so many rings on their fingers.

You bring "if" to new heights.

How in the world did the refs beat Powell?

i didnt say the refs beat Powell, im saying that the refs have made some bad calls in critical situations like 2 years ago when Powell had the ball in I think the second quarter down 14-3 and Maryville jumps the snap and the center snaps it when theyre clearly offsides and Watts mishandles the ball, then Maryville recovers the fumble and goes up 21-3 at halftime. The final of that game was 21-16 when Powell turned it over on downs and Maryville ran out the clock.

Drega, I dont think you watch too much football or something, cause you have seen things ive never seen

No. I watch enough football. I guess you just never paid attention to some of the Maryville games in the past.

I was at that game, and 1 call isnt the difference between a win and a loss

Well I think that call did. Instead of Powell going into the half only down either 14-10 or 14-6 instead of 21-3 wouldvereally changed that game. I think if that play was called right then that game couldve had a different outcome especially the way Powell performed in the second half.

How good is Powell this year. In years past they and Central have been our biggest competition in the region. No matter .. I will be there Friday with a member of the 98 Championship team.

Right now I dont know how good they really are. They havent played to their ability yet and I dont know when they are going to and I know they have very good talent because they did really well against Alcoa in a scrimmage they had a couple of weeks before the season but they havent shown that talent level since. I just hope the right team shows up against Maryville tomorrow night.