Maryville v. Powell

DCM

LOL reddevil you make a good point.

I care because I can care and I like watching football, Plus I have some very good friends on the team so what does it matter to you..

I have been very supportive of the team. But be honest they arent going to beat maryville they dont have a chance its gonna be a blowout, everyone knows it sorry.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that Powell Fans are posting these comments about the Maryville game. If you think that Maryville will over-look Powell you are wrong. Powell always plays Maryville a tuff game and we expect nothing less on Friday night.

As I am posting this message, there are about twenty recievers, six running backs, five QB's and three centers working on there own for a little extra practice. They are getting ready for Friday night.

The reason why Powell's offense isnt working is bc it looks like the players arent on the same page and theres one or two people taking plays off almost every play. The only time people dont takr plays off is when Powell has a good play, and as you've heard or seen, that hasnt been many times. But when Powell does get everyone on the same page they can be a pretty good team, but if they can't then Powell will just be an average team and will have to fight to get into the play-offs. My prediction is that if Powell plays like they have been playing this year Maryville will put up about 50 points on the board and Powell will be lucky to get into double digits. If Powell finds a way to fix it this week then Powell can keep it close if they can cause turnovers and keep Powell's offense on the field. Powell has a long way to go to fix it though.

Maryville never puts up as many as they could, they only put up enough to win. GQ values playing the future players when he feels enough points are on the board to get the victory. Powell has and can play Maryville tough and the Reb's will not over look the panthers in their house. Maryville has it's running attack at about 100% now and will be hard to stop. This is a pivotal region game and Powell will be looking to win it.

I think Maryville just has too many playmakers for anyone if they execute like last week vs. heritage. Maryville by 21.

Maryville better not overlook Powell. I have told this story before.

My junior year in 1980. Maryville was 7-0. We had just beaten South Young 42-0. We were ranked #1 in the state. We were getting ready to play a Powell team that had already lost 4 times.We were a 21 point favorite. We watched tape of South Young beating Powell 17-0. Powell looked awful on film. We thought Powell was easy pickings. Coaches told us all week that Powell was dangerous. We didn't listen.

During the game it rained like crazy. For a team running the wishbone that was bad. Maryville fumbled 8 times in that game. Powell won 8-6. That game taught me to never overlook anyone.

if thats what u think powellfan then i guess the jokes on u cuz no 1 likes losers who r suppose 2 b n college & have nothin g better 2 do on friday nights but go 2 high school football games.

Umm lets see the reason im not in college is cause I already have a dual degree in buisness admin. and Criminal justice and I already have a job where I make 80 k a year base salary in sales So you really have no clue what your talking about.

As far a loser, Look at the way you type and speak english and come back and talk to me.

IM just speaking the truth about Powell, I dont think they can beat Maryville, and I havnt said a bad thing about Powell all year until this game, I know that they wont beat Maryville, and I dont expect Maryville to look over them, they are just that good sorry to say it.

Theres no way Maryville will over look anyone on their schedule, especially Powell. Besides Central, Powell has gotten the closest to upsetting Maryville. If you dont remember, Powell almost beat Maryville 2 years ago when Cody Watts was a junior. If it wasnt for some bad calls by the refs, then Powell couldve walked out of Maryville winners. And if it wasnt for some key fumbles in other games, Powell couldve made some more games pretty close. Look for Maryville to be prepared for this one like they are against every opponent that they play. Thats why they have so many rings on their fingers.

Powell will fix their mistakes and pull off an upset for their home crowd by the score of 26-20.

dont think so. maryville had a breakout game against heritage they threw the ball and ran it for touchdowns. although heritage has nothing close to the talent of powell i still think maryville will win a tough fought game.