Week 4 White House at Macon Co

timbdp

Antwan...are you including me in the "so-called fans" section? That's okay if you are. I said our boys were going to have to do better than the last two games and that they did.

I'm proud of you Tigers!!!

Antwan...you and your night chickens better be ready for us Friday night. On to the Macon/Smith thread. :thumb:

I missed you...you have right to gloat too. :thumb:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 4 has a lot of teams showing their strengths this year. Station Camp and Pearl Cohn are coming on strong, as well as Macon. It will be interesting to see how all this shakes out in the last few games.

Is West hurt? I didn't see his name in the stats?

Whew! I would not want to be on Porters field next week. If West is out, I think he'll be re-thinking the gameplan, especially going into the region run.

Region 4 has a lot of teams showing their strengths this year. Station Camp and Pearl Cohn are coming on strong, as well as Macon. It will be interesting to see how all this shakes out in the last few games.

Is West hurt? I didn't see his name in the stats?

Whew! I would not want to be on Porters field next week. If West is out, I think he'll be re-thinking the gameplan, especially going into the region run.

I could be wrong... and I am sure some of the fans will "CORRECT ME" if they think differently. But, my thinking is... that they kept West out this week because this game would be a piece of cake and they needed him more next week. Which would also, let him recoup for a week. Just my thinking. That passsing game needed to be corrected a long time ago. That whole Quarterback controversey is still there each Friday night. We still just shake our heads at the passing game and wonder? As someone on a recent post stated, "we just cant keep relying on on handing the ball off". :thumb:

I agree, changes need to be made. I wasn't at the game last night but I heard WH was out coached just as we were in the Page game. What happened. I think, when something is working why not use it until it's stopped. Did they ever let Parker touch the ball? I hear that some of the running backs should have touched to ball more than 9 times. WH usually gives West the ball 24 times a game, I'm sure if WH backup backs have 20 carries, then more points would be on the board. What about the kickoff team? If they were to put 3 threats deep, other opponets have no choice but to kick it short or kick it to someone who's most likely going to give WH good field position. I think Coach Short needs to be on the WH sideline on Friday nights. I feel that WH needs to utilize all it's talents. It gets harder and harder every year to have one back to lead the team. I think WH still relies on one back to do it all. That worked in past years.

I haven't gotten on here and posted a lot this year. I have pretty much sat back and "lurked" as a friend of mine posted - Titans 89...

I will say this... the talent that has been passed on to the high school is excellent. Check with Coach Short and their previous Middle School Coaches- 2 years undefeated.

Now, what the High School Coaches do with this talent is up to them.

I also agree that we just can't keep relying on one back each year because of the passing game. Now, I am back to what I do best... just lurking and reading posts... Have a good one :thumb::lol:

I haven't gotten on here and posted a lot this year. I have pretty much sat back and "lurked" as a friend of mine posted - Titans 89...

I will say this... the talent that has been passed on to the high school is excellent. Check with Coach Short and their previous Middle School Coaches- 2 years undefeated.

Now, what the High School Coaches do with this talent is up to them.

I also agree that we just can't keep relying on one back each year because of the passing game. Now, I am back to what I do best... just lurking and reading posts... Have a good one :thumb::lol:

:lol:

First of all...Congrats to Macon County, you guys beat us pretty handily tonight. Good luck the rest of the way. GREAT QUARTERBACK, and that O-line really protected him! He picked us apart...

If anyone wants to be the first to critique the Blue Devils, let me know, because I'd like to put my two cents in. I will say this, If things arent done differently on offense, most specificly the passing game, this is gonna be a long season. Station Camp, Pearl Cohn...geez. Playoffs may not be so easy to get into this year.

Last year, where our passing game failed, we had Ricky Ladd to hand off to. This year, where our passing game failed, we have Justin to hand off to. Tonight, he wasn't available, but unfortunately, we couldn't turn to our passing game......it's non-existent. I can't believe changes haven't been made......

Anyway...here's to next week!

I had to listen to this kind of comments ALL last season. The lack of a passing game against the Tigers had to do with the fact that we constantly faced third and long because we couldn't run the ball. Townsend had no time to throw because the offensive line was consistently beaten---badly!!! When he did get his passes off, they were either dropped or, in some instances, badly thrown. Still, he managed to complete six of sixteen attempts. Macon County's quarterback, as good as he was, couldn't have done any better. You cannot throw without protection. This game was no upset! I have been a White House fan for the better part of 31 years and we simply were beaten by a superior team.

I think WH whould have won if they would have had West. Where are all the White House fans? What happened to the blowout everyone was predicting? The same thing happened against Page. Come on here and talk about how bad WH is gonna kill the other team and jinx em. Would you cut it out already. Good luck White House I htink you will be just fine. And for the other people who wanna talk about Porters caoching. You guys are so quick to jum off the bandwagon after one game. Porter is one of the best coaches in TN, he coached the same way Friday as he has all theses years with all those wins and all those playoff appearnces and you wanna talk about how he is out coached and needs to change things. Give me a break. Other schools would kill to have him as a coach no matter how he coached the game. WHy would he change a gampelan that has been working for years?

I think WH whould have won if they would have had West. Where are all the White House fans? What happened to the blowout everyone was predicting? The same thing happened against Page. Come on here and talk about how bad WH is gonna kill the other team and jinx em. Would you cut it out already. Good luck White House I htink you will be just fine. And for the other people who wanna talk about Porters caoching. You guys are so quick to jum off the bandwagon after one game. Porter is one of the best coaches in TN, he coached the same way Friday as he has all theses years with all those wins and all those playoff appearnces and you wanna talk about how he is out coached and needs to change things. Give me a break. Other schools would kill to have him as a coach no matter how he coached the game. WHy would he change a gampelan that has been working for years?

UMmm Boski???

Gr8 job guys I knew you were gonna win I did. Keep this mindset keep it and I mean keep it :)

ok angel .....Congrats Tigers!! i was wrong about this one.

i was kinda busy adding up T.Holts rushing yrds vs Tullahoma lets see if i can get this right add 2005 season 382 4TD + 2006 season 365 5TD = 747 Yrds and 9TD's wow!!

ive been enjoying football all over ..Ruleville High (mississippi), vs Shaw (mississippi) later we made it to Cleveland MS to catch a lil Cleveland Eastside High (mississippi) vs Charleston High (mississippi)... just good football!!

Sat TSU (tennessee) vs Jackson St (mississippi) great game!!! great bands!!