#8 Dyer Co at Obion Co

VOREBS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off,I said Andre Flowers would take 35 carries to get 150 yards...Well if he would have had 35 carries he might have 600 yards rushing....This kid is so much better this year than he was last year it's amazing....The kid will play somewhere on the next level.....Unofficially,he had around 340 rushing yards....Very impressive....

Now for the Rebels....I have NEVER been so proud of a team as the one that took the field last night....From their entrance(Justin Ogden,Logan Parker and Jacob Fulbright led the Rebels onto the field thru the "spirit line"with the rest of the team arm in arm walking onto the field)thru an almost flawless offensive performance in the first half to the thrilling end when Matt Craddock intercepted a B.A. Davis pass to end the game...Most of all Garrett Grady...I don't know how many snaps at QB this kid took during the weeks before Logan Parker was hurt,but it looked like he had been playing the position the whole time....This shouldn't come as a surprise,Garrett was the QB up until the sixth game of his sophmore year when he broke his wrist in a game against Gibson Co.....The offense tonite stepped it up...The senior offensive line that includes three year starting center Steven Weaks,Adam Battles,Savion Hayslett,Zach Clouse and Orion Fox dominated up front to the tune of over 450 total yards of offense.....Mark Grooms,Robert White,Chase Clanton and Hunter Calhoun ran the ball extremely hard...Cameron Bailey had a good night catching the ball and Bryan Fox had some really good blocks on the speed plays..In short a total team effort....I saw leadership out their tonite...On a particular run by Mark Grooms to near the goalline,I saw Garrett Grady SPRINT from his qb position about 40 yards away to jump all over a teammate who might have gotten a penalty for jawing with an opposing player..I saw Savion Hayslett out there on defense in the huddle pleading with his defensive mates to step it up and try to do something with Flowers....For the coaching staff....I saw a gameplan tonite that included in it a total domination of the kicking game..In particular the kick-off team...They lined up in three or four different formations..They got at least two onsides kicks and missed another by the length of the football...They kept the ball away from Flowers,who was the only guy that could have hurt them....They passed the ball when I know Dyer Co wasn't expecting much out of that aspect of the offense...I don't know if Dyer Co expected Garrett to play or not,seeing as how Brady Boucher took every snap last week after Logan came out on the game's fifth play last week....You have to realize,OC has scored 40 and 44 points AFTER the starting qb has gone down with injury....Depth??...Yes,OC has it....Talking about depth,I don't know if anyone noticed or not but on the last drive that ate up almost the rest of the 4th quarter after DC had cut the lead to 8 with about 5:50 left in the game,two O-line starters were on the sideline....Jimmy Crackel and Chance Collins were filling in for Orion Fox and Savion Hayslett and didn't miss a beat....I kept hearing about all these athletes DC has..Well,they have one...Andre Flowers...He is their offense and if there was ever a case of one guy beating you,Flowers almost did it tonite....If they have any more, coach Renshaw needs to incorporate them a little more into the offense gameplan....Congrats on a total team effort and enjoy it...Union City week now and although it means nothing as far as region and play-offs,it's for bragging rights and the stands will be filled and alot of talking will be going on this week...... :thumb:

Well, first off I must say Flowers is indeed the REAL deal. About 340 yards last night, this young man is a very GOOD back.

As for the Rebels, a great effort by a great football team. OC took control of the game early, and went up 14-0, only to see DC come back and tie it at 14. Then another surge by the Rebs and a 31-14 lead at the half. Over 800 yards of total offense in this game. Once again the Rebels spread the wealth, as Calhoun went for around 80, Clanton for around 75, Grooms for about 60, Grady for about 55, White for 43, and Grady in his first game back under center in about 2 years was 4-8 for 111 yards and a t.d. I really liked the gameplan OC executed, some changes, some new wrinkles, and the same on special teams. On Defense, while Flowers did get big yardage, the Rebel D made plays, and continued to pass out the "slobber-knocker hits". Hayslett was again in double figures in tackles, and the INT by Craddock to end any hope for DC was big. This win was HUGE for OC in the Region, as now they are right in the middle of things. Great win, Great effort, GREAT Crowd, and a fun homecoming dance for OC. This was a fun game to watch. The Rebs will enjoy this for a short time, and then set sights of Union City in week 5. (3-1) OC vs (2-2) UC at War Memorial. Let me be the first to remind you, get there early, I'll bet it will be packed.

Again...GREAT job OC

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey VOREBS!!!!!!...You know what the best thing about last night was????....No Injuries,man...No injuries!!!!!

I think all four of Garrett's incomplete passes were dropped..He could have had 3 TD passes and close to 200 yards passing....And he had one called back because of a penalty....Not bad for a sub.... :unsure:

Hey VOREBS!!!!!!...You know what the best thing about last night was????....No Injuries,man...No injuries!!!!!

I think all four of Garrett's incomplete passes were dropped..He could have had 3 TD passes and close to 200 yards passing....And he had one called back because of a penalty....Not bad for a sub.... :unsure:

backintha......true man, Grady did look like he had been there before...which of coarse he has. I was not going to comment on the no injuries thing, but you are 100% right, that was as big as anything. Once again, the big "O" line played well! We are getting leadership from all over the place, and watching the line work, is more fun every week. You can tell they know the offense, and they seem more confident every week. Another thing that this group has shown me is the ability to get something from everyone that takes the field. With the injuries, players have had to shuffle around, but the team continues to be productive. This team is deeper than alot of people thought, and are playing well. I can't say enough about the playcalling last night, and the new "wrinkles" to the offense. I thought Coach kept DC wondering most of the night, as to what was coming next. I realize that is the idea, but I thought they did an exceptional job last night. 3-1 after week 4, with Union City next on the "hit" list. I guess we enjoy this one for a while, but preparations for next week's contest are already well under way.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen both play and I'll stick to my guns.

i dont think that hewett ran for 350 on obion. Flowers is the best tail back i've seen in a very long time. If no one believes that flowers is on the level of a Chris Donald (maybe not that good but close) then you didnt see the game with obion. Everyone question his speed coming into the season but if i was a bettin person i would say that he ran in the range of a 4.5 or better. He has the break away speed that everyone was saying that he didnt have. That is the only reason that he wasnt on rivals or scout. But if you saw him run in obion you would lick you chop at this guys talent. He can reverse the field, juke, and flat out fly down the sideline. He might be the best running back that has come out of this area in a long time. he has it all size speed and the ability to make people miss.

And for cutos good job obion on the win. With that win you might get the fourth spot in the region to compete for the state championchip. Good job both teams and just for the man that doest get the credit he deserves is the LB for obion I think his name is Hayslet. Outstanding job on defence and being a leader on the field for obion.

i dont think that hewett ran for 350 on obion. Flowers is the best tail back i've seen in a very long time. If no one believes that flowers is on the level of a Chris Donald (maybe not that good but close) then you didnt see the game with obion. Everyone question his speed coming into the season but if i was a bettin person i would say that he ran in the range of a 4.5 or better. He has the break away speed that everyone was saying that he didnt have. That is the only reason that he wasnt on rivals or scout. But if you saw him run in obion you would lick you chop at this guys talent. He can reverse the field, juke, and flat out fly down the sideline. He might be the best running back that has come out of this area in a long time. he has it all size speed and the ability to make people miss.

And for cutos good job obion on the win. With that win you might get the fourth spot in the region to compete for the state championchip. Good job both teams and just for the man that doest get the credit he deserves is the LB for obion I think his name is Hayslet. Outstanding job on defence and being a leader on the field for obion.

Flowers is the real deal, a great back. And Sayvion Hayslett is also the real deal. He introduced himself to Mr Flowers early and often last week.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off,I said Andre Flowers would take 35 carries to get 150 yards...Well if he would have had 35 carries he might have 600 yards rushing....This kid is so much better this year than he was last year it's amazing....The kid will play somewhere on the next level.....Unofficially,he had around 340 rushing yards....Very impressive....

Now for the Rebels....I have NEVER been so proud of a team as the one that took the field last night....From their entrance(Justin Ogden,Logan Parker and Jacob Fulbright led the Rebels onto the field thru the "spirit line"with the rest of the team arm in arm walking onto the field)thru an almost flawless offensive performance in the first half to the thrilling end when Matt Craddock intercepted a B.A. Davis pass to end the game...Most of all Garrett Grady...I don't know how many snaps at QB this kid took during the weeks before Logan Parker was hurt,but it looked like he had been playing the position the whole time....This shouldn't come as a surprise,Garrett was the QB up until the sixth game of his sophmore year when he broke his wrist in a game against Gibson Co.....The offense tonite stepped it up...The senior offensive line that includes three year starting center Steven Weaks,Adam Battles,Savion Hayslett,Zach Clouse and Orion Fox dominated up front to the tune of over 450 total yards of offense.....Mark Grooms,Robert White,Chase Clanton and Hunter Calhoun ran the ball extremely hard...Cameron Bailey had a good night catching the ball and Bryan Fox had some really good blocks on the speed plays..In short a total team effort....I saw leadership out their tonite...On a particular run by Mark Grooms to near the goalline,I saw Garrett Grady SPRINT from his qb position about 40 yards away to jump all over a teammate who might have gotten a penalty for jawing with an opposing player..I saw Savion Hayslett out there on defense in the huddle pleading with his defensive mates to step it up and try to do something with Flowers....For the coaching staff....I saw a gameplan tonite that included in it a total domination of the kicking game..In particular the kick-off team...They lined up in three or four different formations..They got at least two onsides kicks and missed another by the length of the football...They kept the ball away from Flowers,who was the only guy that could have hurt them....They passed the ball when I know Dyer Co wasn't expecting much out of that aspect of the offense...I don't know if Dyer Co expected Garrett to play or not,seeing as how Brady Boucher took every snap last week after Logan came out on the game's fifth play last week....You have to realize,OC has scored 40 and 44 points AFTER the starting qb has gone down with injury....Depth??...Yes,OC has it....Talking about depth,I don't know if anyone noticed or not but on the last drive that ate up almost the rest of the 4th quarter after DC had cut the lead to 8 with about 5:50 left in the game,two O-line starters were on the sideline....Jimmy Crackel and Chance Collins were filling in for Orion Fox and Savion Hayslett and didn't miss a beat....I kept hearing about all these athletes DC has..Well,they have one...Andre Flowers...He is their offense and if there was ever a case of one guy beating you,Flowers almost did it tonite....If they have any more, coach Renshaw needs to incorporate them a little more into the offense gameplan....Congrats on a total team effort and enjoy it...Union City week now and although it means nothing as far as region and play-offs,it's for bragging rights and the stands will be filled and alot of talking will be going on this week...... :D

yes the coaching staff needs to use the other athletes they have but they will not. all they are worried about is andre. this guy is a great athlete he will play at the next level. for the life of me i can not figure out why DCs coaching staff would not want to use andres talents to make DC better. if they run it andre will run if they pass (that is a big if) they will throw it to him 9 times out of 10.

backinthaoc i just wanted to let you know that #5 is not the only athlete on DCs team they have several on the team but as long as andres healthy you will not know it. that is ashame to say that but as long as DC does not mix it up more they will continue to go down in defeat.

hey cradd4 hows it going did you notice that DC did work on there kicking game during the off season. so far this year only 1 missed pat. tell matt nice pick friday night.

good luck to the rebels the rest of the seaon. were pulling for you down here in choctaw land

yes the coaching staff needs to use the other athletes they have but they will not. all they are worried about is andre. this guy is a great athlete he will play at the next level. for the life of me i can not figure out why DCs coaching staff would not want to use andres talents to make DC better. if they run it andre will run if they pass (that is a big if) they will throw it to him 9 times out of 10.

backinthaoc i just wanted to let you know that #5 is not the only athlete on DCs team they have several on the team but as long as andres healthy you will not know it. that is ashame to say that but as long as DC does not mix it up more they will continue to go down in defeat.

hey cradd4 hows it going did you notice that DC did work on there kicking game during the off season. so far this year only 1 missed pat. tell matt nice pick friday night.

good luck to the rebels the rest of the seaon. were pulling for you down here in choctaw land

Hey Dawg198, Long time no see, noticed right off the bat that the Choctaws had made major improvements in their kicking game, How is Ole Josh making it these days, Appreciate the commment about Matt, you know us county schools need to stick together support each other through region play,because according to the rest of the region our two schools dont even exist Holler at you Later!

I'm not trying to be a smart a$% but,I did notice they didn't have a clue as to what was going on when we were kicking off and that's part of the kicking game.....

As far as athletes,they did seem to have some kids that looked good in their uniforms...#3 Trez Herron and #17 Eric Bernard in particular..I don't remember them touching the ball,though...You look at OC,they don't awe you when they come on the field and they have trouble with teams that are very athletic,but they play hard and they play as a unit...They had 5 or 6 kids make good positve rushing yards and got excellent play from their QB....I understand riding your horse and really couldn't understand the half back passes at the end...You guys got a QB and he's the QB for a reason,why wasn't he throwing the ball at the end...And I'm not so sure I wouldn't have just run the ball with Flowers at the end..He had already had 60+ and 70+ yard TD's...OC just couldn't tackle the kid....

Anyway you guys are much improved and will win some games this year..I hope not too many because we are all playing for that last playoff position behind Crockett,Covington and Dyersburg...

I'm not trying to be a smart a$% but,I did notice they didn't have a clue as to what was going on when we were kicking off and that's part of the kicking game.....

As far as athletes,they did seem to have some kids that looked good in their uniforms...#3 Trez Herron and #17 Eric Bernard in particular..I don't remember them touching the ball,though...You look at OC,they don't awe you when they come on the field and they have trouble with teams that are very athletic,but they play hard and they play as a unit...They had 5 or 6 kids make good positve rushing yards and got excellent play from their QB....I understand riding your horse and really couldn't understand the half back passes at the end...You guys got a QB and he's the QB for a reason,why wasn't he throwing the ball at the end...And I'm not so sure I wouldn't have just run the ball with Flowers at the end..He had already had 60+ and 70+ yard TD's...OC just couldn't tackle the kid....

Anyway you guys are much improved and will win some games this year..I hope not too many because we are all playing for that last playoff position behind Crockett,Covington and Dyersburg...

You must have gone to the Lou Holtz school of down playing your team!!!!!!!