Loudon vs Alcoa

Fan2Fan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loudon will have to be effective in throwing the skin if they want to be in position to keep the game close late to have a chance to beat Alcoa. Loudon has not had much success in passing during their first three wins and most teams won't beat Alcoa by just running the ball. They also must not turnover the ball and give a team like Alcoa more chances to light up the score board. Alcoa's speed on defense won't allow yards off the ends and the middle will be too tough with Alcoa's LB's. I think Alcoa will tackle better this week after the loss to Fulton and are not used to being 1-2. Alcoa will soundly beat Loudon mainly because top to bottom they are a better prepared team and have the playmakers to score big points on a weaker opponent like Loudon. Alcoa by 21

Loudon will have to be effective in throwing the skin if they want to be in position to keep the game close late to have a chance to beat Alcoa. Loudon has not had much success in passing during their first three wins and most teams won't beat Alcoa by just running the ball. They also must not turnover the ball and give a team like Alcoa more chances to light up the score board. Alcoa's speed on defense won't allow yards off the ends and the middle will be too tough with Alcoa's LB's. I think Alcoa will tackle better this week after the loss to Fulton and are not used to being 1-2. Alcoa will soundly beat Loudon mainly because top to bottom they are a better prepared team and have the playmakers to score big points on a weaker opponent like Loudon. Alcoa by 21

Dang folks.....please show a little neighborly respect..lol....I am hoping to see a game like in the 05 play-offs but I am not sure it will happen. Loudons speed has disapointed me at times this year but you never know when the horses will break free.....If Loudon wins this game it will be because they brought there A game and Alcoa takes them lightly or because of key mistakes and the God that likes football just happened to be a Loudon fan...but for real now I want to see a good game with no injuries played with class A sportsmanship. my prediction

Loudon 3 Alcoa 2...yes I said 3-2...I am sure that is as close a guess as anything else I might post....lol.

the lenoir city game loudon played reminded me alot like the tennessee air force game. Air force was offense was set up just right to beat the vols, with a lot less talant. Tennessee was just a step slow to getting to them. But they pulled it out because of the offense. lenoir city was fired up and had a offense set just right to beat the redskins. By my count they 4 plays all night and were fired up. Loudon faced adversity and played from behind all night and came back from behind to win, not because of luck, because they were a better team, Alcoa has more tallant than loudon, but dont tell me alcoa is a better prepared team, I think coach harig is one of the best coaches in this area. and he will have is team ready. I just think loudon will end up like air force and fall just short. 24-21

I think coach harig is one of the best coaches in this area. and he will have is team ready. I just think loudon will end up like air force and fall just short. 24-21

You have got to be kidding. Harig is not a good coach. His record prior to last year proves that. The only reason he won last year is because Loudon was playing as one of the largest schools in a weak AA region. Yes it is week other than Alcoa. Let's all remember that two years ago Loudon didn't win a game. He is way too arrogant and if Loudon was still AAA they would still be O-10.

After whats happened in Alcoa's first three games, this is the biggest game of the year for them. How will they respond to a little adversity? I believe Rankin will have them fully prepared and fired up and hopefully Alcoa will take the next step into developing into a championship level team

Alcoa 28

Loudon 0

That would make three straight shutouts for Alcoa vs Loudon, lol...

You have got to be kidding. Harig is not a good coach. His record prior to last year proves that. The only reason he won last year is because Loudon was playing as one of the largest schools in a weak AA region. Yes it is week other than Alcoa. Let's all remember that two years ago Loudon didn't win a game. He is way too arrogant and if Loudon was still AAA they would still be O-10.

Harig is decent...I won't call him one of the best because its still a work in progress. As for last year, had Loudon been in the same 3A region as they were the year before they would have been competitive if not won the region. Fulton and AE were both down and Loudon did beat Kingston and LC which were in their region the year before.

As for Harig's first two years, any other coach wouldnt have done much better. Loudon is the same as most other average schools, you have 3-4 really good years and 3-4 really bad years. If you look back at the win totals back to the 60's you'll see what I'm talking about (ie state champs in 74 and 75 then struggled some at the end of of the seventies). He is very knowledgeable about the game and came from a top-notch high school in Ohio so he know what it takes to win. Again, he's no Steve Spurrier but he has the kids believing in him and his game plan

Thats enough about Harig, lets stick to the topic. I still say Loudon 13 Alcoa 34. I think we'll score this year

Edited by gjredskin

well we could argue about last year all day but we'll never know. As I stated before Loudon is a little down from last year and Alcoa is probably a little better so I do think alcoa wins big. I do think we'll score though. Cambell has been playing excellent and Hawkins is starting to finally come on.

Good luck to both teams