Rankings Week 4

mjuhb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early season rankings are iffy at best and I think that we should all appreciate the effort it takes to put something like this together and accept it for what it is.

The rankings will get more accurate as the season goes on and people need to be patient and let the girls earn their positions in the polls by playing on the field. Reputations and past accomplishments will mean less and less as the actual scores come in.

We all love our teams and no one will ever think that their team is ranked high enough. That is the beautiful thing about high school sports.

mjuhb, how much is the fee per rankings spot?

I agree that rankings ( even until late Oct) are subjective at best. This year I have watched teams from east ( Greenville, Farragut, Bearden, Oak Ridge others) from the central area ( Brentwood, Franklin, Centenial, JPII others) and from the west. And it is clear that with injuries, young players developing and teams coming together that you just cannot determine who will defeat whom on any given evening. From the West, Collierville and Houston are not playing very good soccer right now. They will probably play better later and be able to compete with some of the better teams in the state. However, there is one team that is clearly better than most in the state and that's St. Agnes. They are just VERY STRONG. Virtually no weaknesses. Quality players and very good bench. This should prove to be a very wide open year in Division One. But Division 2 is over. Send the trophy to St. Agnes and same travel expense.

Guest Cutters Crazies

Who cares if they are subjective or iffy? They are a good indicator of GENERALLY where a team is or how good they are. Who cares if they are 5 or 4 or 9 instead of 8. All it is is an indicator to see generally where that team is. Its like like there is a team that is 15 on these rankings that should be 3. You get the idea of where the teams are thats all we can ask or need

CAK 10 or 11

Alcoa 1

total domination by CAK, I was really impressed, best team they have had that I have seen. Novikoff is going to be a tough matchup for anyone in the state, and she may not be their best player. All I have to say is Wow. good luck to all.

Thanks for the kind words. I know that that was tough to take. It's hard to match up with Laura and Britney up front, and Coach Pifer has them clicking. I think you all will meet again this season. Tell your girls to keep their heads up, and focus on getting ready for the play offs.

CAK 10 or 11

Alcoa 1

total domination by CAK, I was really impressed, best team they have had that I have seen. Novikoff is going to be a tough matchup for anyone in the state, and she may not be their best player. All I have to say is Wow. good luck to all.

Should be a good game tomorrow night between CAK and Greeneville. Looking forward to seeing CAK play.

If a team hasn't proven they can beat anyone, I don't think they should be in the top rankings. doesn't matter who they played, whether hard or not.

While I can't say about Ravenwood, I slightly dissagree with your statement.

For example... I would rank a team that has played FRA, Notre Dame, and St. Agnes and lost by 1 or 2 goals, much higher than a team that has played very weak opponents and won by a 1 or 2 goals. You can't go by record alone.

I do understand where you are coming from, though.

You don't understand. Your use to winning. :thumb: Long time no talk BigG how are things up in Knoxville?

Better watch it, or I'll call your boss and tell him you are posting again! :thumb:

Things are good here in K-town. Already working on the boys' season (schedules and such), but enjoying the laid back Middle school girls season.

Hope you can make it to a couple of our games this spring. And don't be such a stranger on these threads! Seems like all of the old school guys are on hiatus or something!

And while I believe you were just busting on me for the sake of busting on me, I was "understanding" his questioning of a top 20 team with a no win record (just to clarify. Hope I didn't use too many big words for you, Reaction!)