To Shake or Not to Shake

Antwan

I believe it's went past ten posts.

No matter what the circumstances, coaches should shake hands.

And, if Satterfield didn't shake because of how bad they were beaten, he has not the slightest amount of sportsmanship.

I guess after each game last year, he was the first person on the field to shake hands. Oh my, what a difference a year and a losing record makes.

ten posts yes but i still don't think it will last. who knows. it was a very small move on clints behalf, i'm not really surprised by it but, what can you say. the real irony to me is that this is the same guy that always told us "let your actions speak so loud that no one hears a word you say". it's sad. :lol: i guess it's a mixture of pressure(alot at that), embarassment(even more of that), and pride(an immeasurable amount). but inexcusable to say the least. oh well, everybody falters and life goes on. :lol:

Edited by snoball5278

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ten posts yes but i still don't think it will last. who knows. it was a very small move on clints behalf, i'm not really surprised by it but, what can you say. the real irony to me is that this is the same guy that always told us "let your actions speak so loud that no one hears a word you say". it's sad. :lol: i guess it's a mixture of pressure(alot at that), embarassment(even more of that), and pride(an immeasurable amount). but inexcusable to say the least. oh well, everybody falters and life goes on. :lol:

The thread can last, so long as it is discusses in a polite and classy manner. As far as Clint not shaking hands...he was probably embarrassed by the fact that SC just laid the wood to them. But that is still no excuse, congradulate your opponent. That is what football should be like. But the recent losses in TC will not last long, they will bounce back

Looking back, I would have like to have seen the SC coaching staff score as many as they could,

that shows alot about your own character, if that's what you'd have prefered be done, in that situation. two wrongs don't make a right.

The quote in the paper on Friday before the game kind of proves your post to be true. Word for word, can't tell ya, but he talks about them not doing so well due to lack of talent and lots of injuries, and then follows it up with this statement. "Now I know how the other half lives." Just sounds a little arrogant to me that is all.

that sounds more like a statement of a humbled man if you ask me. i mean in trousdale for the last twenty years no one here has known what the other half lives like. ever since i can remember we've had not just winning seasons but great seasons that either went deep in the playoffs or to eventual state titles. when i played we lost 4 games in four years. we r used to winning here and now that we're losing it's quite difficult to express ourselves without making excuses or being cynical and bitter as can be. i mean i really don't even know what to say this year except, hey, "now i know how the other half lives." because for a long long time, if ever in some cases, no one here has known what the other half has had to live like. :lol: it may sound arrogant to you but, you need to put yourself in his position. i mean according to you you'd just run up the score if things didn't go your way. hmmmm, who does that sound like????? :lol:

Edited by snoball5278

that shows alot about your own character, if that's what you'd have prefered be done, in that situation. two wrongs don't make a right.

You got me. I have bad character now. Well, we can all beat a dead horse with this hand shaking thing, but it really just comes down to people showing their true colors. And snoball, don't tell me it was because of his pride and stuff. There is no excuse. It is a high school football game. Grow up and show some class or continue to show your true colors.

You know...he could have avoided it by shaking hands. That's bush league. I've defended the guy as much as any TC person. NO MORE.

Maybe he had a little halitosis and was embarrassed?!?!? :lol:

Seriously, I think that is a shame. Personally, I've been on the bad end of a few TC beats ... and each time we are congratulated TC on a well played game. He sounds like a giant spoiled child ... and the scary thing is that he is a guiding force in the lives of children that will be the leaders of tomorrow. :lol:

You got me. I have bad character now. Well, we can all beat a dead horse with this hand shaking thing, but it really just comes down to people showing their true colors. And snoball, don't tell me it was because of his pride and stuff. There is no excuse. It is a high school football game. Grow up and show some class or continue to show your true colors.

Satterfield showed his own colors, and by not taking time to shake hands due to a loss, or rahter a whopping is childish. Is this who should be teaching our kids? Did Red Boiling Springs shake hands with Satterfield last year? Betcha they did. While TC has been dominant for so long, now is not thier year. stink it up and live with the beatings. We all have.

With that being said, if there is something more to the story, I don't know it, but if it is just poor sportmansship, that is just wrong. They shouldn't win another game and people should beat thema as bad as they have been beat by them.

I wish SC would've layed the wood to them now. I thought SC's coaching staff did a very respectable thing by keeping the score down as much as they could. I wouldn't have. I would've seen how coach liked to be on the other side of that 91-0. It could've been that bad.

I don't know if it could have been 91...but it certainly could have been 60. SC ran the ball almost the whole 2nd half. SC could have beaten them deep all night. They chose not to. Maynord shook hands with Satterfield after last year's game. It just makes Satterfield look childish. I am afraid it's going to cost his school a lot of money. I don't think Maynord is too happy.