To Shake or Not to Shake

Antwan

Yes they are.....a couple of injured players wouldn't make a difference either. SC's coaches were content with 28-0 muffin but TC decided to fumble at their 10 with a little more than 2 minutes left in the game and TC's starting defense couldn't tackle SC's 3rd RB. I think he broke like 4 or 5 tackles. He might have broke 100 tackles if he would've had to....I think he was wanting in that endzone pretty bad. SC was running between the tackles and milking clock in the 3rd quarter muffin.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it could have been 91...but it certainly could have been 60. SC ran the ball almost the whole 2nd half. SC could have beaten them deep all night. They chose not to. Maynord shook hands with Satterfield after last year's game. It just makes Satterfield look childish. I am afraid it's going to cost his school a lot of money. I don't think Maynord is too happy.

Yes they are.....a couple of injured players wouldn't make a difference either. SC's coaches were content with 28-0 muffin but TC decided to fumble at their 10 with a little more than 2 minutes left in the game and TC's starting defense couldn't tackle SC's 3rd RB. I think he broke like 4 or 5 tackles. He might have broke 100 tackles if he would've had to....I think he was wanting in that endzone pretty bad. SC was running between the tackles and milking clock in the 3rd quarter muffin.

Good points.

I don't know if it could have been 91...but it certainly could have been 60. SC ran the ball almost the whole 2nd half. SC could have beaten them deep all night. They chose not to. Maynord shook hands with Satterfield after last year's game. It just makes Satterfield look childish. I am afraid it's going to cost his school a lot of money. I don't think Maynord is too happy.

I hope they make these same choices in week 9!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Personally...it stinks that a coach puts his pride before the opportunity to show his players what a class act should look like...

I also think that a new coach in the district makes a huge mistake in not shaking the hand of the man that could have allowed his team to embarrass the new coach's team...

I love football and all that it stands for...not just the playing on Friday nights...I appreciate the honor and humbleness our coaches show during wins or losses...

I try very hard to not let the actions of adults cloud my vision of what it's like for the kids on the field...and I hope that other adults can do the same...

I hope that when we play the two above mentioned teams again...that our coaches remember that it's not all about the paying back of a lack of sportsmanship on the opposing coaches part...but that there are kids on that field that are just like the kids we have on that field...Win the game...win it big...but don't lose the battle...

Personally...it stinks that a coach puts his pride before the opportunity to show his players what a class act should look like...

I also think that a new coach in the district makes a huge mistake in not shaking the hand of the man that could have allowed his team to embarrass the new coach's team...

I love football and all that it stands for...not just the playing on Friday nights...I appreciate the honor and humbleness our coaches show during wins or losses...

I try very hard to not let the actions of adults cloud my vision of what it's like for the kids on the field...and I hope that other adults can do the same...

I hope that when we play the two above mentioned teams again...that our coaches remember that it's not all about the paying back of a lack of sportsmanship on the opposing coaches part...but that there are kids on that field that are just like the kids we have on that field...Win the game...win it big...but don't lose the battle...

Well said.

I am not sure one of those teams will be played again. We have to play the other one. I think one of those team's coaches had better apologize. If he doesn't...then it wasn't the heat of the moment. If he does...I think all will probably be forgotten...maybe. We'll see what kind of man he is.

I had this discussion just the other day with a friend. It makes no sense not to shake hands even if someone runs it up on you. Just file it away and retaliate.

It is difficult to run it up on people even if they have done it to you. You will be seen just as classless as the one that does it for no reason.

Bump

Word is he squeezes to hard when he shakes. :) Just playing. How long will the no hand shake saga continue? Inquiring minds want to know. Will this be a new trend, if you loose in 4 1A&2A? Flip them off and run to the locker room, screaming you cheated. Im taking my ball and going home. Dont you just love the drama every year? Thats what keeps this site alive. Its like the papers near the checkout in grocery stores. You just cant resist reading the front page. I love it. Now Im making jokes about it. There must be some humor in it somewhere. Did anyone see the look on his face? Bet it was priceless. A bonus for your admission.