FAYETTE ACADEMY VS. JCS

JTRIM

JaxMan, this is probably something that belongs in another thread, but I think McKenzie is actually better than they were last year. Everyone's caught up in the whole "Drew Hayes is gone" glare and are missing some important points.

One, McKenzie has a running game this year. No, check that. They have a good running game. Makes a huge difference when you can eat up more clock and your receivers, who are also your d-backs, aren't having to stretch the field on almost every play.

Second, the Rebels have 17 starters back, including their entire offensive line. One thing I've learned about HS football...teams that have big, experienced lines tend to do very well.

We'll see as things play out, but I do think McKenzie is a better overall team than last year's squad.

Edited by TheBoredGuy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hardest thing for fans to admit is we lost...so they make excuses...it was the refs...it was coaching...trust me no one would love for JCS to take care of the ball more than our coaches...but I watch alot of football at all levels...fumbles happen...sometimes a team gets in a funk and alot of them happen...but NFL and NCAA coaches alike suffer through them and I doubt anyone would not admit they are more qualified than any high school coach...it is a part of the game...sometimes if is in players heads...sometimes it is the big guys on the other team lighting you up...(funny how a good team can make you look bad)...but it is unfair to say just because we have had more than our share of fumbles we are poorly coached...if so then we are in good company...they happen every Friday night to alot of teams...look at the stats in the Sun on Saturdays...this is all the result of a question raised due to one coach getting the job over another...period...I enjoy this board to discuss the games...the stradegy...the strengths and weakness of teams...I do not attack individual players or coaches...and tend to ignore the trash talk that often occurs hear...I appreciate the posters who are objective and really have some knowledge of the game...I felt inclined to defend coach Stewart as I felt he was being unfairly attacked...but I am thru with this subject...FA won...time to move on to West Carroll...

VERY good post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ya'll will spank West Carroll! They are bad down.

JaxMan, this is probably something that belongs in another thread, but I think McKenzie is actually better than they were last year. Everyone's caught up in the whole "Drew Hayes is gone" glare and are missing some important points.

One, McKenzie has a running game this year. No, check that. They have a good running game. Makes a huge difference when you can eat up more clock and your receivers, who are also your d-backs, aren't having to stretch the field on almost every play.

Second, the Rebels have 17 starters back, including their entire offensive line. One thing I've learned about HS football...teams that have big, experienced lines tend to do very well.

We'll see as things play out, but I do think McKenzie is a better overall team than last year's squad.

We talked off-line a few weeks ago and I didn't agree with you on the McKenzie thing BUT............................

You just might be right from what I've seen so far from the Rebels. Next Friday night will tell me a lot about what this bunch of Rebels is made of!! If we come out of our meeting with the Mustangs in a close one or a win everyone else best look out!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time we beat H-town we went to the semi's and should have gone to the 'Boro in AA!!!

the hardest thing for fans to admit is we lost...so they make excuses...it was the refs...it was coaching...trust me no one would love for JCS to take care of the ball more than our coaches...but I watch alot of football at all levels...fumbles happen...sometimes a team gets in a funk and alot of them happen...but NFL and NCAA coaches alike suffer through them and I doubt anyone would not admit they are more qualified than any high school coach...it is a part of the game...sometimes if is in players heads...sometimes it is the big guys on the other team lighting you up...(funny how a good team can make you look bad)...but it is unfair to say just because we have had more than our share of fumbles we are poorly coached...if so then we are in good company...they happen every Friday night to alot of teams...look at the stats in the Sun on Saturdays...this is all the result of a question raised due to one coach getting the job over another...period...I enjoy this board to discuss the games...the stradegy...the strengths and weakness of teams...I do not attack individual players or coaches...and tend to ignore the trash talk that often occurs hear...I appreciate the posters who are objective and really have some knowledge of the game...I felt inclined to defend coach Stewart as I felt he was being unfairly attacked...but I am thru with this subject...FA won...time to move on to West Carroll...

Good post. I know JCM had some problems last year with guys jumping offsides and its something a coach can talk about and stress during the week and such, but some things are just out of the coaches hands when the game is on.

ballfan25,

You keep saying that Coach Stewart does not prepare the kids properly. You say certain kids are playing while others who should be playing are not. The coach made the wrong call on third and one.............blah, blah, blah, blah.

Well Mr. Expert, you keep critisizing but you offer no solutions. Exactly what play should have been called on third and one and why? Exactly who should be getting more playing time and what positions should they be playing and why? Who should be getting less playing time and why? Exactly how should the kids be prepared during practice for the games and why?

You have sat here and made lots of complaints yet you offer zero real solutions. Give us solutions to your complaints. It is easy to sit here or up in the stands and complain about a coach and his decisions. It's another thing all together to offer solutions. ballfan25, it's time to put up or shut up!

Despite some early season setbacks, JCS will have a very good season. Come play-off time, there are going to be some teams that really wish they were playing someone else besides JCS.

This is my last reply to this post. Some of us do not have the time some of you aparently have on your hands. As for this having to do with playin time of Little Johnny, etc...that is not the case - both of mine played - however others that deserved to did not. I just don't understand how players that never got to play are suddenly better than those who have played for years and that we have two and three year starters standing on the sidelines. I just want to win the games we should win. Now for my solutions- run Taggart on 3rd and 1 - we'd been running him all night and it was working so let him run again and get the first down instead of passing to the endzone. Also, pay attention to the play clock. Everybody was screaming to call timeout except the coach. Same as the USJ game. As for being prepared, I've heard serveral players say that even if we excuted the game plan to perfection we still would not win because the plan itself was not what it needed to be. I am not a coach and ,yes, it is easy to sit in the stands and critique coaches - for I've seen our past ones make mistakes too. However this year there is a lot of it going on and I am sure not the only one doing it. If you've been to a game, I know you've heard and seen it. JaxMan said he was taking up for Stewart and that is his right and privilege. Well, I am representing all those in which he has been unfair to. And again, it's nothing against Stewart the man. good bye

Ballfan25,

I am sure glad that you will not post anything else on this subject. I will leave you with these thoughts then. You mention that some of us have more time on our hands than you do. Well sir, you apparantly made enough time to complain several times about coaching decisions, didn't you?

You have kept mentioning that certain players deserve playing time and are not getting it. In a previous post, I asked you to give me examples of who should be playing and why along with who should get less time, and why. Strange, I noticed no response from you when asked for solutions to your complaint. You mention that there are two and three year starters that this year are just standing on the sidelines. Please sir, just who are these players?

You mentioned on a third and one that Taggert should have gotten the call. Eh, maybe you have a point there. However, are you fully aware of the situation that might have caused Coach Stewart to choose a play not to your liking? I do imagine that you were not displeased with the call he made on a third and ove 20 situation that resulted in a first down. Perhaps you are also displeased with Coach Stewart calling one specific play on several occasions which ended up setting up Raynor's TD run in the second half on a differrent variation.

In closing, you again implied that Coach Stewart has been "unfair" to certain players. However, you again failed when asked to say who you think has been treated unfairly and why you think that way.

I am glad that you will not be posting a response. Perhaps this thread will either just fade away or be closed as I have previously asked!

This is my last reply to this post. Some of us do not have the time some of you aparently have on your hands. As for this having to do with playin time of Little Johnny, etc...that is not the case - both of mine played - however others that deserved to did not. I just don't understand how players that never got to play are suddenly better than those who have played for years and that we have two and three year starters standing on the sidelines. I just want to win the games we should win. Now for my solutions- run Taggart on 3rd and 1 - we'd been running him all night and it was working so let him run again and get the first down instead of passing to the endzone. Also, pay attention to the play clock. Everybody was screaming to call timeout except the coach. Same as the USJ game. As for being prepared, I've heard serveral players say that even if we excuted the game plan to perfection we still would not win because the plan itself was not what it needed to be. I am not a coach and ,yes, it is easy to sit in the stands and critique coaches - for I've seen our past ones make mistakes too. However this year there is a lot of it going on and I am sure not the only one doing it. If you've been to a game, I know you've heard and seen it. JaxMan said he was taking up for Stewart and that is his right and privilege. Well, I am representing all those in which he has been unfair to. And again, it's nothing against Stewart the man. good bye

Look, ballfan25. You've made your displeasure with the JCS coaching staff very clear on this message board where no one knows who you are.

Now take it to Coach Stewart.

You are doing NOTHING to help the situation by getting on here and questioning his decisions. If you really care about the team, you would express your concerns in a forum other than this (i.e., to the coach himself) and be supportive of him publically. To do anything else is only making matters worse.

Of course your not gonna speak on this subject anymore because JCS will not lose another game this season; sure you may be 2-3 right now but ur still a very good football team. The early season schedule that ya'll have played thus far is difficult no matter the circumstances, but especially when breaking in a new coach. South Side was not a winnable game no matter the circumstances and DCA was the first game of the season, mistakes will happen. You beat USJ (which used to be a big deal) and you got by the second best private school in Jackson (which strangely enough is now Trinity). You gave a very good and undefeated Fayette Academy team all they wanted on Friday night; and more than likely you'll get another shot at them. True, the early season schedule took its toll on you, but you survived it and placed yourself in position to finish second in the district. However, have you looked at the rest of your schedule yet. Not only will you go undefeated, you'll probably win each game by at least 20. That means you'll finish 7-3 with two of your losses being to teams in bigger classes and the other being by 3 points to a team thats undefeated. If i'm not mistaken JCS was the first team to score on Fayette's STARTING defense this season. Things are not that bad for the Eagles.

Furthermore, if Fayette gets past Trinity they'll finish first putting JCS in second. This means, that JCS will probably play Lake County or McKenzie in the first round, both are winnable, with a rematch with Union City waiting in the second round. Depending on how good the north district is, 2nd may be the best place to be. By finishing second, JCS will avoid FA and TCA until the 3rd round when they will play their winner.

I know this doesn't take good teams like Union City, McKenzie, and Lake County into consideration but all this is just theoretical. I don't mean do disrespect anyone from the other district. I know that UC and McKenzie have solid teams as usual and LC has a program that is really coming along and looks to be very formidable this season.

My point is ballfan25, I think that you are pannicking just a little bit when their is really nothing to be freaking out about. The season will work itself out. Guys like JaxMan who have been representing JCS very well on here for years knows that there is nothing to be ashamed of about losing to Fayette. This rivalry has been very even since Fayette joined the league back in 2001. In fact, I believe the series record since 2001 is FA-4 JCS-3(that counts Fayette's win this season). It can't get much closer than that. This team will be fine and they'll be in a great position to make a run come playoff time.

a coach can only be as good as the players he coaches... there is no need in second guessing what the coach was doing on 3rd and 1... he was trying to catch the defense off guard.... if they would've scored no1 would have said nothing... there's no need in disrespecting the coach... plus jcs has one of the best passing offenses i've seen