FAYETTE ACADEMY VS. JCS

JTRIM

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Jo Byrns High School fan and I just want to tell all of you that I am very impressed with the subjects, posting, and replies all of you make. This is probably the most intelligent thread that I have ever read. There is no spewing of verbal insults or belittleing of the other team. I am very impressed with how both the Fayette Academy and Jackson Christian School fans are portraying themselves. You all are representing you school's athletic program well. Now that I am through with my praise I shall proceed to post my prediction. I do not know much about either team but I will agree with some that FA's schedule has not been up to par compared to JCS's schedule. However, this is irrelevant. I am impelled to agree with the opinion of a earlier poster who stated that when two teams like these two play you can just throw all prior stats and scheduleing out of the window. These kids are going to come out of that locker room with the most intensity that they have had all year long and hopefully they will both be playing to their potential. Taking into consideration that FA has a very experienced line but is missing their starting QB, which is obviously going to limit their passing game, I am going to have to choose JCS as the winner of this game in a very hard fought defensive battle.

FA: 14

JCS: 21

My scores may be way off but I believe that the 7 point spread will be the difference in this game. Hope no one gets hurt. Good luck to both teams.

I will go out on a limb and say that the winner of this game will probably be representing your region in the semi-finals and maybe even the west in the championship game. If you can beat JBHS that is.

I agree with what you posted. I won't count JCS out of a game anytime soon after last season. I'm going with JCS in a close one.

Well, tommorrow is the big day. I encourage everyone to come out to this one. It's gonna be one for the ages. BUT THE POINT IS I am picking Fayette Academy ,because a hurt quarterback wont hurt Fayette much. they run it down your throat almost every play, and even if they did throw it they have a strong front line to give whomever the QB may be time to make the right decision. JCS is a very good team also despite the fact they were embarassed against Southside they are still very dangerous as long as the offense is on the field. and on the other side of things, Fayette has a very high powered offense also with wentworth, butler, and the O-line. I'm going to say this one will be real close but FA will pull it out

If you'd like to meet me face to face I'd be glad to share my sources.

Go cart it just so happens that ballfan25 is dead on the money. He evidently knows what he's talking about. Just come to the game and look at his baseball team on the field. How a Baseball coach takes a Head football coaches position of guys that helped build the system is beyond me. Maybe the coach just talked his way into the position.

Go cart it just so happens that ballfan25 is dead on the money. He evidently knows what he's talking about. Just come to the game and look at his baseball team on the field. How a Baseball coach takes a Head football coaches position of guys that helped build the system is beyond me. Maybe the coach just talked his way into the position.

I'll extend the invitation to you as well.

I have had 3 sons play for JCS at various times...I have been freinds with all of the coaches in baseball and football for some time...Coach Stewart is a good coach...it is easy to hide behind being unknown when you post on this board...and take cheap shots...our two losses this year have come down to poor execution and nothing else...no coach could have made the difference in the South Side game...they were just better plain and simple...I do think both schools are well coached...while I don't know as much about Kennnedy I can look at where he has brought their team...he has done a good job...

If you'd like to meet me face to face I'd be glad to share my sources.

Chill out, dude. I was the one who asked about coaching because if it is a close game it can come down to coaching, play calling, and the players who you have on the field during certain situations. I really know nothing about both coaches except the fact that I have heard the JCS coach being critiqued on his play calling by radio announcers and fans. Maybe that is the price you pay for having so much media coverage. But anyway...it was a harmless post asking about the coaching of both teams. There is no need to get threatening about it. :(

Ill take Fayette by two touchdowns. Fayette is too good up front on both sides of the ball. JCS has a slight advantage by having a more seasoned QB but that really wont matter cause he cant throw from his butt cause the Vikings will be in his face ALL night. Kennedy has done a brilliant job with this program. He comes from Millington where he coached Tyone Calico( played for the Titans ) and the Galloway kid that started at TB for Alabama. As for all the criticism of the coaches, just STOP>>> Let the kids play. Both of these teams are well - coached and will be prepared. Sometimes it is hard for the average fan to accept that some teams just have more talent. Bottom line: South Side has ALOT more talent "speed" that JCS. Bear Bryant could have been coaching that game and the outcome would probably have been the same.

Let the teams decide this thing tonight...... If you cant support your team in the right way, then just stay home and read about it on here or in the paper. :(