Knox Catholic at Livingston Academy

SliderSport

We defendin state champs!!! Until sombody knock us off we #1!!!!!! you remember who said it first- LA gonna roll over da preppies

Alright so Livingston is gonna beat Knox Catholic tonight huh. Well lets see here Trousdale beat Livingson 20-13, Trousdale lost to Smith County 35-0, Smith County lost to Knox Catholic 23-9..... They have a punchers chance but thats about it IMO.

Knox Catholic by at least 35

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have some tremendous athletes on LA. They may not play the skilled positions, but Robert Holt (#70 OL) was preseason all state in 3A"

Yes we do have some tremendous athletes but preseason all state dont mean nothing, he has got to show it on the field and that he is lacking at this point. and no we dont have a harrison smith but we have guys on that field they just have to learn to work together as a team and i think that connection will happen this week.

GO LA I BELIEVE IN YOU!

How dare you make that statement about a young man who has given everything to this team, win or lose. Preseason all state DOES mean something, I hope your son has the chance someday to experience the pride and joy in that distinction. It means for the last 4 years he is worked his butt off for this team. It means his family has provided and given up a lot to earn that. It means that he has proven to those outside this community that there is something more than a Wilson Cates (take nothing away from that young man). Everything I have heard since LA won State was they were going nowhere without Cates - with fans like you spouting negative words against young men giving their all - maybe they won't.

If you truly do believe in LA then cheer for LA - cheer for all Wildcats and celebrate the small victories. It may be what we have this year. But first and foremost show your pride as a parent and fan and celebrate all young people who compete. They don't need people in their own backyard telling them they don't have heart or haven't shown how to be a TEAM.

Go HOGEYE!

Could have been much worse except for the officiating. Harrison Smith had a long touchdown called back with seconds to go in the first half. The official told the coaches that one of the Catholic players away from the play had "taunted" a LA player. Another defensive touchdown was called back after a tackle and strip was runback. No whistles were blown to stop play. Officials meet after the play and gave the ball back to Livingston since someone determined forward progress had been stopped. You usually hear a whistle at that point in most games. The freshman also had a long run brought back on an option where the QB was hit as he pitching, getting the ball to the TB for a long run that was brought back to the point where the QB was hit since his forward progress had been stopped. Have these guys never seen an option run before? The funniest thing that happened was LA was called for illegal procedure, one of the referees stepped off the five yards put the ball down and another official came over and moved the ball 2 yards forward. I guess the second official takes smaller steps.

None of this is intended to knock LA. They just don't quite match up this year. I was very impressed with your overall athletic facilities. It's obvious that there is alot of LA pride in the community. Great support and respect for your opponents. We thought it was pretty funny watching Harrison Smith sign autographs on LA gear and footballs for quite a while after the game. One kid came running by us telling his dad "Do you know what this is going to be worth one day?" Let's hope!

Could have been much worse except for the officiating. Harrison Smith had a long touchdown called back with seconds to go in the first half. The official told the coaches that one of the Catholic players away from the play had "taunted" a LA player. Another defensive touchdown was called back after a tackle and strip was runback. No whistles were blown to stop play. Officials meet after the play and gave the ball back to Livingston since someone determined forward progress had been stopped. You usually hear a whistle at that point in most games. The freshman also had a long run brought back on an option where the QB was hit as he pitching, getting the ball to the TB for a long run that was brought back to the point where the QB was hit since his forward progress had been stopped. Have these guys never seen an option run before? The funniest thing that happened was LA was called for illegal procedure, one of the referees stepped off the five yards put the ball down and another official came over and moved the ball 2 yards forward. I guess the second official takes smaller steps.

None of this is intended to knock LA. They just don't quite match up this year. I was very impressed with your overall athletic facilities. It's obvious that there is alot of LA pride in the community. Great support and respect for your opponents. We thought it was pretty funny watching Harrison Smith sign autographs on LA gear and footballs for quite a while after the game. One kid came running by us telling his dad "Do you know what this is going to be worth one day?" Let's hope!

rofl!!! Did Smith really sign LA gear after the game??? HAHAHAHAHA