Goodpasture vs. Fairview

pballer44

first off fairview is going to win this game. im not sure of the score but they will win. secondly ask goodepasture how they felt after the game last year. yeah they won but they took a beating. ask the qb. fairview hits hard and isn't scared at all. fairview played with goodepasture last year and the game was much closer than what the score said. one thing to watch for is if gp can defend the pass. last year fv was pretty much one deminsional, but this year they have a qb that can throw the ball down the field. it will be a good game but i see fairivew winning this one close.

Fairview

Bolivar Central W 33-12 (stick to basketball)

at Ezell-Harding R W 27-0 (no Gettis)

at Hickman Co. W 28-21 (look out!)

Goodpasture

David Lipscomb W 20-13 (3a state runner up)

BGA W 38-7 (extremely well coached)

at Franklin Road Academy W 47-0 (awful, but the score shows)

at Pope John Paul II W 35-28 (Golden Tate)

Compare and realize that this game will not be close...... sorry fairview maybe next year

GP- 42

Fairview- 17

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview

Bolivar Central W 33-12 (stick to basketball)

at Ezell-Harding R W 27-0 (no Gettis)

at Hickman Co. W 28-21 (look out!)

Goodpasture

David Lipscomb W 20-13 (3a state runner up)

BGA W 38-7 (extremely well coached) at Franklin Road Academy W 47-0 (awful, but the score shows)

at Pope John Paul II W 35-28 (Golden Tate)

Compare and realize that this game will not be close...... sorry fairview maybe next year

GP- 42

Fairview- 17

BGA lost to Ensworth last Friday. Ensworth will be good don't get me wrong but this year????? I don't think so :lol: You were right about the FRA win. They are low on numbers and talent as a new staff tries to return the program to glory.

Wins over Lipscomb (a Top Five 3A school) and PJPII (the DII-AA state champs in my opinion) look very good on the Cougars resume right now :lol:

Fairview beat a 2-1 Bolivar team in week zero. Bolivar might be a playoff team in Region 6-3A this year come November. The only two teams in that region right now that are clearly better than the Tigers are Fayette Ware and Jackson South Side. Outside of that Bolivar can beat teams like Lexington, Liberty, and McNairy (and they are clearly better than Chester Co.).

Ezell doesn't have Gettis this year and since beating MP in week one they've struggled tremendously. Hickman Co. is a team that their record doesn't indicate how solid of a football team they are. Fairview beat them just as bad as did Lewis Co. and there's nobody out there who'll question whether or not the Panthers are a Top Ten 2A school. In fact Hickman will probably be 2-3 overall (1-1 in Region 5-4A) after they beat Lawrence Co. this upcoming week. That's my opinion and another opinion of mine is that when the Bulldogs get in 2A they're going to get lots of wins in a hurry. It's a program on the rise no question about it.

If I had to vote a Class 2A Top Ten today it would go as follows:

1.) Goodpasture: the Cougars are unbeaten and #1 with wins over DL & PJPII

2.) Alcoa: two losses to 4A's & 3A's best teams but they should cruise to the Boro

3.) CPA: tough loss to MBA proves that the Lions are for real this year

4.) Huntingdon: they did lose to Camden but beat Westview & Liberty

5.) Westview: a close loss to a great Huntingdon bunch is their lone blemish

6.) Camden: lost a heartbreaker to Westview but beat a great Huntingdon bunch

7.) Lewis Co.: unbeaten and virtually untested & will remain that way for awhile

8.) Milan: after losing the opener big to Crockett they've won two blowouts

9.) Fairview: they are unbeaten in 2A's best region

10.) Humboldt: wins over Liberty and Lexington look impressive

Of course that's my opinion and if you'd like to state your own please go ahead :lol:

i say fairview Goodpasture is a good team no doubt but so is fairview this one will be close but i think fairview will come out on top goodpasture just came off some big wins.... they're overlooking a good fairview team thats going to be their downfall

I KNOW for a fact that goodpasture is not overlooking Fairview. They are thinking of this week as if they were playing alcoa. Thats how Goodpasture takes the season one game at a time they think about nothing but that game.