TN's best

sptiger

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not to familiar with TN hs ball, which program would be considered the best in TN.

i know, Maryville, MBA, Brentwood, Mcallie, Alcoa, Riverdale and Melrose are always pretty stout but who is considered the best?

Do you mean best team this year...or best program year in and year out?

If you mean best program year in and year out...all of the before mentioned could be considered.

i'm not to familiar with TN hs ball, which program would be considered the best in TN.

i know, Maryville, MBA, Brentwood, Mcallie, Alcoa, Riverdale and Melrose are always pretty stout but who is considered the best?

You mean Brentwood Academy, BTW, not Brentwood High. BHS has had a couple good teams, but not consistently at the top over the years.

There really is no "South Panola of Tennessee" as you put it. Different years-different teams. The large school privates hold a huge winning percentage over the publics overall in TN, unlike in MS where the privates are pretty weak. That percentage might be different, but many of the better publics, such as Riverdale and Maryville, have not played much (if at all) against the top privates for many reasons, much too complicated to go into on this topic.

Germantown, although they have a fine program, is a bit down, and would probably not be considered among the top teams in the state this year.

Edited by itzme

You mean Brentwood Academy, BTW, not Brentwood High. BHS has had a couple good teams, but not consistently at the top over the years.

There really is no "South Panola of Tennessee" as you put it. Different years-different teams. The large school privates hold a huge winning percentage over the publics overall in TN, unlike in MS where the privates are pretty weak. That percentage might be different, but many of the better publics, such as Riverdale and Maryville, have not played much (if at all) against the top privates for many reasons, much too complicated to go into on this topic.

Germantown, although they have a fine program, is a bit down, and would probably not be considered among the top teams in the state this year.

actually i just said Brentwood and not high. didnt know there was a BHS. i knew the private schools were usually better, but i didnt know how close Riverdale and Brentwood or Maryville and McCallie would be on the field. living in Batesville all i usually here of TN football is Memphis and Shelby county schools. so i wasnt sure how good they are when in comparison with the rest of the state.

thanks for all the help guys