West Greene vs. North Greene

delayofgame

What is the outlook for Friday? What does YOUR crystal ball say? I'm still reeling from friday's loss in Mosheim. I'm speechless, and frustrated. Its been a long season already. Lets hope friday will be different. :) Its hard to stay positive :) I don't know what to say to my son and the players anymore. Jordan can't do it all. 2nd half and especially 4th quarter is obviously a problem. Too many questions not enough answers!!!! Not enough answers and too many questions!!!! Somebody, anybody has to step up!!! What do you guys think? What changes need to be made? Is it the plays were running? Right players in the right place? Time management? We can't blame the refs, or can we? The band sounded good!!! Managers, what managers? Up the middle or up the middle? Linebackers, what is a linebacker? I give up.

"Go Buffs"

delayofgame

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the outlook for Friday? What does YOUR crystal ball say? I'm still reeling from friday's loss in Mosheim. I'm speechless, and frustrated. Its been a long season already. Lets hope friday will be different. :) Its hard to stay positive :) I don't know what to say to my son and the players anymore. Jordan can't do it all. 2nd half and especially 4th quarter is obviously a problem. Too many questions not enough answers!!!! Not enough answers and too many questions!!!! Somebody, anybody has to step up!!! What do you guys think? What changes need to be made? Is it the plays were running? Right players in the right place? Time management? We can't blame the refs, or can we? The band sounded good!!! Managers, what managers? Up the middle or up the middle? Linebackers, what is a linebacker? I give up.

"Go Buffs"

delayofgame

Well here we go again.I dont know who u are but noone needs your opinion either.I will tell u what the problem is since i start on everything but kickoff and punt.The problem with offense is all we do is run 34.it gets stopped everytime but yet we run it at least 15 times a game if its not 34 then its 33.anyone on the team can tell u that the play calling is the problem.If we were to mix it up a little then we might get somewhere.The problem with defense is at the d-line and linebackers.I am one of the starting linebackers and personally it is hard to do what two caoches tell u.For instence the other night coach helton tells me to move out a little when its strong side to my side so i do...then coach carter starts yelling get over the guard.The linebackers are to confused to play the way we should.Last year with coach riddley the linebackers were allowed to blitz and me and micha moncier played really well.now we have to change every thing we learned last year.so that what the problems are.

You got a point about play calling, we never motion, or try different formations. You can see that in the stands. All I see is give the ball to Jordan. When we pass, we are off target most of the time, and its in predicable situations. I only saw the LB's go twice the whole game. The Corners are too passive; and we can't stop outside plays. Who is in charge of defense? Who is in charge of offense? Also, we just don't have alot of players on the sideline this year. How many kids to go West? Special teams has always been West Greene problem too. Things are going to have to change quick for a turn around!!

Edited by delayofgame

You got a point about play calling, we never motion, or try different formations. You can see that in the stands. All I see is give the ball to Jordan. When we pass, we are off target most of the time, and its in predicable situations. I only saw the LB's go twice the whole game. The Corners are too passive; and we can't stop outside plays. Who is in charge of defense? Who is in charge of offense? Also, we just don't have alot of players on the sideline this year. How many kids to go West? Special teams has always been West Greene problem too. Things are going to have to change quick for a turn around!!

well we will see Friday and i have to say on behalf of Carter he really trying to mix it up a little and im sure the Coaching staff holds more knowledge of Football than I

All i know is im gonna be there to support OUR kids and watch a good game

Go Buffs!!!!!

First off I'm a member of the West Greene Coaching staff. Let me explain a few things to you delayofgame, we have too many coaches in the stands, on the track, and teachers in the school who think they are football coaches. The funniest of all are the people who don't coach anything, but are experts on sports management. What people like you delayofgame don't realize is when you are at home watching Nascar on sunday, the coaches are watching film for 4 hours, then we work into the night putting together a gameplan. In addition we don't bring home millions to do what we do, try $120 a month. We also recieve no extra pay for JV games, another 2-3 hours added on to our work week!!!! We are a young team, and working our rear ends off, working for a victory, and for the future. This week we have been preparing heavily for NG, and we have a great gameplan. I just wonder if we do put 28 on the scoreboard and bring home a win, will you be on here apologizing to the entire WG coaching staff INCLUDING Coach Carter. Now if you want to continue your 2nd guessing of our team, please go find yourself a playbook, a football field, and a pee-wee league team to coach, otherwise keep your mouth shut.

Edited by footballback@etsu

First off I'm a member of the West Greene Coaching staff. Let me explain a few things to you delayofgame, we have too many coaches in the stands, on the track, and teachers in the school who think they are football coaches. The funniest of all are the people who don't coach anything, but are experts on sports management. What people like you delayofgame don't realize is when you are at home watching Nascar on sunday, the coaches are watching film for 4 hours, then we work into the night putting together a gameplan. In addition we don't bring home millions to do what we do, try $120 a month. We also recieve no extra pay for JV games, another 2-3 hours added on to our work week!!!! We are a young team, and working our rear ends off, working for a victory, and for the future. This week we have been preparing heavily for NG, and we have a great gameplan. I just wonder if we do put 28 on the scoreboard and bring home a win, will you be on here apologizing to the entire WG coaching staff INCLUDING Coach Carter. Now if you want to continue your 2nd guessing of our team, please go find yourself a playbook, a football field, and a pee-wee league team to coach, otherwise keep your mouth shut.

Simmer down big boy. this is a message board for opinions and everyone obviously has one. Noone has questioned how hard you work or the sacrifices coaches make for their teams. However, winless teams do tend to make people question the effectiveness of the coaching. This is natural. It is high school football. People like to see their kids win occasionally and when they don't for as long as west, then fans are going to look for a reason. By and large when a team has consecutive losing seasons, the only constant is the coach. I like Coach Carter very much, but if you guys can't put together a game plan to win a game or 2 then I think changes will surely be made.

well theres alot more going on than i was aware of as far as coaching staff goes and i will have to say i look at it at different aspect now........

how ever thats the only thing i wanted to hear WE the parents like to be informed of whats going on with our kids if we ask the coach it just depends what kind of mood that he is in... if you get a straight answer or sarcasm ...what i would like to have is a win as a TEAM but we cant achieve this if input is not allowed... granted i know that the coaching staff has put up with alot of sarcasm as well.

with this note left i hope WE can change our game plan and start on a winning season.

GO BUFFS!!! :thumb:

Edited by redrock

I have no dog in this but I have to agree with you coach. This type of thing happens all over the united states when teams are loosing. I heard this quote once and I believe it is very accurate. "Football does not build character, It reveals it".