Taft vs. Temple

gofish12

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah or you could just go watch your boys get spanked by Hampton. You know whay your problem is, if you can't beat us, you have to find some excuse as to why it didn't happen instead of just saying you know what Temple is just better than us.

Heck, Temple is better than us... I'll even go as far as saying Temple is better than Hampton. I'm not making excuses of any kind. I just think the situation about Taft is kinda funny... I'll even make a prediction: Temple-41 Chain-Gang Tech- 12

Temple is good and I am not taking a thing away from Skogen, Smith, Dee, Larson, Wadley, etc. But considering they hand pick their own players they should be good. I mean I know its not their fault or Coach Skogen's fault, but I honestly they need to move up. Im not saying tha because they beat Unaka in category every year. But Hampton, Unaka, Cloudland, Cosby, etc does not have that opportunity to hand pick their players. Like I said Im not taking a thing away from those boys cuz they show class nor from the academy.

P.S. Rangerbook06 can u imagine Cobby Ensor coachin Taft. Those boys are mean. Hed make a good DE cuz hes mean.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Did anyone play DEFENSE?

As you can clearly see, there really wasn't a whole lot of defense played in this one. Temple had several turnovers that resulted in TD's for Taft. As for Taft, they could not stop the running game of Temple.

From what I remember, Temple opened up the game with a 21-0 lead and it looked like it was going to be a blowout until Taft came back to tie the game at halftime 28-28. It sort of went back and forth for a while until Temple finally secured the win.

Temple was without Josh Smith tonight with an injury and it appeared that one of the lineman left the game with an injury. So, I hope those guys get healed up soon.

Glad you guys got the win tonight.

Hope you all do well next week against Oakdale.

They have 2 new players, and all of a sudden Temple is "handpicking" people. If they could "handpick" people why dont they "handpick" about 20 more guys to play on the team. And about moving up, Temple only has around 125 students. Thats pretty small even for Single A. Sorry region 1-1a cant "handpick" players. I guess all the "handpicked" teams will have to throw you a cookie.

Temple is good and I am not taking a thing away from Skogen, Smith, Dee, Larson, Wadley, etc. But considering they hand pick their own players they should be good. I mean I know its not their fault or Coach Skogen's fault, but I honestly they need to move up. Im not saying tha because they beat Unaka in category every year. But Hampton, Unaka, Cloudland, Cosby, etc does not have that opportunity to hand pick their players. Like I said Im not taking a thing away from those boys cuz they show class nor from the academy.

P.S. Rangerbook06 can u imagine Cobby Ensor coachin Taft. Those boys are mean. Hed make a good DE cuz hes mean.

They have 2 new players, and all of a sudden Temple is "handpicking" people. If they could "handpick" people why dont they "handpick" about 20 more guys to play on the team. And about moving up, Temple only has around 125 students. Thats pretty small even for Single A. Sorry region 1-1a cant "handpick" players. I guess all the "handpicked" teams will have to throw you a cookie.

great post. all of temples players have been at temple for YEARS and YEARS except for 2 guys. lets face it. we have a good football team b/c of hard work, SOME talent, and a great coaching staff and offensive system that coach skogen has implemented. anyone who has followed temple basketball over the past 3 or 4 years knows that 90 percent of Temple's skill position players are just their basketball team. Most of these guys are mainly basketball players. coach skogen took a bunch of basketball guys and made them into football stars. the success of the team is a result of hard work and great coaching, not all of this other stuff. Let's make sure we know the facts before we make inaccurate posts about teams.

People question things when one of the new guys throws for five touchdowns in a game and the other is a 100 yard a game type rusher. That's not saying at all anyone cheated, but you have to expect there will be questions, especially since they're playing there just their senior year. I read on here, pretty sure from a Temple fan/player, a 6'5" receiver was to be playing too but that fell through somehow. If the new guys rarely got off the bench, nobody would say a word.

Edited by Indian

I don't care if they 125 or 11,025 students theyre still a private school. They might have picked 2 players this year, but look @ the past, I bet @ least 95% of their players are not from Chattanooga. I know the Skogens are from Alabama. And yes u guys are very good. I think if it plays out right yall and Hampton should make a good game.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic