Taft vs. Temple

gofish12

as i said in the previous post, highschoolfanatic u are wrong and u dont know the facts. 90 percent of temple's players have been at temple for years and years. 90 percent of them live within 15 minutes of the school and have for YEARS. since the football program started, 90 percent of the players were already at Temple. and for your information the Skogens live (and have lived for 10 years) 10 minutes from the school. Get your facts straight before you make ignorant posts.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if they 125 or 11,025 students theyre still a private school. They might have picked 2 players this year, but look @ the past, I bet @ least 95% of their players are not from Chattanooga. I know the Skogens are from Alabama. And yes u guys are very good. I think if it plays out right yall and Hampton should make a good game.

First let me apologize if i sounded angry or harsh.

90 percent of the players are from the chattanooga area (within 10 to 15 mins of the school), and the skogens don't live in alabama. please let's try to only comment when we know facts. now let me give you some credit. you have said some nice things about the team and players, and thats very nice. Im sure hampton has a really great team, and im sure it would be a fun game. It just isn't fair to all the hardworking guys at Temple when people take away from their success by saying they just go recruit and get players from everywhere. Its just not true, and its not fair to the guys that have caused the success to have that taken away from them. Thanks for being more careful about these comments in the future. I hope that your hampton team has a very good year, stays free of injuries, and maybe we will have the honor of playing against you guys some time. Good luck to hampton, and all the other teams out there.

Go Crusaders. :thumb:

Thas fine Jeswins, were just takin up for our teams. But, everybody might have attended Temple for 10 yrs. But, where are they really from? I heard the Wadleys are from Georgia? Im not takin a thing away from yall's success and yalls work ethics. There are alot of Christian schools, who really have sum ^*%holes on their team. Skogens might not live in AL, but from what I hear thas where originally from.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Thas fine Jeswins, were just takin up for our teams. But, everybody might have attended Temple for 10 yrs. But, where are they really from? I heard the Wadleys are from Georgia? Im not takin a thing away from yall's success and yalls work ethics. There are alot of Christian schools, who really have sum ^*%holes on their team. Skogens might not live in AL, but from what I hear thas where originally from.

well its kinda like this. every school (public or private) is going to have lots of people (athletes and non athletes) that may not have be born in that area but have lived in that area and gone to that school a long time. I am kind of an example of that. I did not play sports at Temple. i have lived in the chattanooga area for the past 15 years of my life, but i am originally from Texas. im sure there are many people just like me who have attended area public and private schools alike for many years. its not really that big of a deal where u were born or originally from because people move sometimes. As far as the Georgia thing goes, the school is like 10 mins or less from the TN/GA border. We had many students (including many nonathletes) who lived just on the other side of the border who came to Temple when i was in school. The Wadleys may live on the other side of the border, but they have been at Temple their whole life, so its not like we just got them for sports or something. That's pretty much the explanation on the whole "georgia" thing. oh yeah, and ironically.......coach wadley is no longer at Temple.....he took a coaching job at McCallie.

Getting back to the game.

Temple had 685 total yards of offense against Taft.

39 rushes for 450 yards and 16 receptions for 235 yards.

Kameron Ridley had 20 carries for 224 yards (3 TD's).

He had a 60 yard punt return for a touchdown.

Joey Skogen was 19-225 (1 TD).

Seth Skogen had 9 catches for 129 yards (3 TD's).

Colton Brown had a pretty good game defensively.

Dee Newson also did a great job for the Crusaders with 5 receptions for 63 yards (1 TD).

Great job fellas!

ok so yes...you are on to something...they supposedly came from Alabama and started young at CCS, and now their plan has unfolded. They came to Temple. That is an amazing scheme. Who cares if they are from Alabama? When they moved to Chattanooga, their plan wasn't to take over Temple. They started out at CCS. :thumb:

The Wadleys live in GA, but when a man and his wife have been at Temple for over 24 years, I am pretty sure that is not "handpicking". Plus as someone else said, he left Temple and is at McCallie.

And Josh lives in GA, but he came when he was still a fat kid who stunk at basketball. He just developed into a fine athelete

Edited by PBG030

Getting back to the game.

Temple had 685 total yards of offense against Taft.

39 rushes for 450 yards and 16 receptions for 235 yards.

Kameron Ridley had 20 carries for 224 yards (3 TD's).

He had a 60 yard punt return for a touchdown.

Joey Skogen was 19-225 (1 TD).

Seth Skogen had 9 catches for 129 yards (3 TD's).

Colton Brown had a pretty good game defensively.

Dee Newson also did a great job for the Crusaders with 5 receptions for 63 yards (1 TD).

Great job fellas!

man -- that's some good numbers

lookin forward to oct 13