Coffee County vs Cumberland Co.

daniel102081

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the games in this series have ever been lopsided. How you guys can predict a blowout after what Tullahoma did to Manchester is surprising. Manchester has a team hobbling into week 5 and two embarrassing losses. Even though there are six games left to play. The season ender for Manchester is tomorrow night. Cumberland County by 7.

Tommorrow night is the rebirth of coffee county. They come away with the a big one not because price will run the score but coffee county is just so much better than cumberland. I agree with "the squad" you do blow big ones!!!!!!! GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday's radio show, Coach Price was asked if he was going to run up the score against Cumberland County. His reply, "I'm gonna score as many points as I can."

I hope he doesn't run up the score, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

You guys are right about the high school kids working hard all year. The last thing they want to do is slack off. They've got 3 years to play for this team and they want to make the most of it. The coaches have more than that, but they want to win too. What I am getting at here is that it's not the players' fault. I didn't particularly like the playcalling last week, but Price had a reason to do what he did. When asked by a fan why he chose to use primarily one formation and a couple of running plays for most of the game, Coach Price replied, "Well, anyone who knows anything about football knows that was a stupid question." He then went off explaining that the only way to beat Tullahoma was to slow down the game and that is why he called the plays that he did. I understand the reasoning, but I disagree with the approach. However, I am not a coach, so I guess I know nothing about football. I don't think that playcalling will have as big of an impact on this week's game, but it definitely will the following weeks. I will be at the Cumberland County game and hope to see a good game filled with sportsmanship. Good luck to the players and coaches. I hope to see the injured players back soon. Later!

On Monday's radio show, Coach Price was asked if he was going to run up the score against Cumberland County. His reply, "I'm gonna score as many points as I can."

I hope he doesn't run up the score, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

You guys are right about the high school kids working hard all year. The last thing they want to do is slack off. They've got 3 years to play for this team and they want to make the most of it. The coaches have more than that, but they want to win too. What I am getting at here is that it's not the players' fault. I didn't particularly like the playcalling last week, but Price had a reason to do what he did. When asked by a fan why he chose to use primarily one formation and a couple of running plays for most of the game, Coach Price replied, "Well, anyone who knows anything about football knows that was a stupid question." He then went off explaining that the only way to beat Tullahoma was to slow down the game and that is why he called the plays that he did. I understand the reasoning, but I disagree with the approach. However, I am not a coach, so I guess I know nothing about football. I don't think that playcalling will have as big of an impact on this week's game, but it definitely will the following weeks. I will be at the Cumberland County game and hope to see a good game filled with sportsmanship. Good luck to the players and coaches. I hope to see the injured players back soon. Later!

Cumberland Co is very low on talent, haven't scored a td all yr. It would not be right to run up the score. They have less than 35 players and that includes several freshmen. I don't think they will win a game in 06. No need to run up the score.... Price will finish 3rd in the region.

Coffee County plays in the weakest region of the state. I wonder if CC was in Riverdales region would they even make the playoffs? 2-8 could get you in. Doesnt that seem strange? Some teams could have a winning record and not make the playoffs

3-5A is not very strong but I don't know if anyone really knows the strength of East or West Tennessee regions. It is only speculation.

There have been 2-8 teams in other classifications that have gone to the playoffs.

Alot of 'only if' when discussing region members.

CC by 28....

When asked by a fan why he chose to use primarily one formation and a couple of running plays for most of the game, Coach Price replied, "Well, anyone who knows anything about football knows that was a stupid question." He then went off explaining that the only way to beat Tullahoma was to slow down the game and that is why he called the plays that he did.

Well he had a point. Coffee County needed to slow down the game. But by going three and out running the ball up the middle three times doesn't necessarily slow down the game. You have to adjust. The way to slow down the game is by picking up first downs and keep the ball moving. Well, you have to figure out how to keep the ball moving.

Good one.

Tullahoma's blowout victory over Manchester last weekend ranks way up there as one of the biggest point margins in the history of this game. If you couldn't tell from that game, Manchester's not getting better. They're getting worse. Sad really.

Middle Tennessee won last night. That's all that matters. We stand a shot to win our conference title. Manchester just lost theirs two weeks ago.