Which School has Produced the Most All State Players

bratman

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't do it. I'm just now reading this particular thread. Did Bratmav reply?

He must have just deleted everything himself. Obviously he posted something because at least all the posts appear in quotes. Must have hit a nerve again. Dont mean to tick him off, but if "anybody" posts something that doesnt make any sense to me i'll usually respond. That's what people do on message boards I think. :D

Ky, I did delete these posts because I was getting a little hot under the collar. No disrespect to you, but sometimes I think you make statements that really can't be supported. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I was on the verge of saying some things that I didn't want to get into.

Ky, I did delete these posts because I was getting a little hot under the collar. No disrespect to you, but sometimes I think you make statements that really can't be supported. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I was on the verge of saying some things that I didn't want to get into.

Fair enough. Surely you must realize some think you make statements that cant be supported also. You just seem to have a short fuse with any difference of opinion regarding AC.

I know I cant be right all the time and sure I've missed the boat on MANY points, but I'll say this about my ability to evaluate talent. I've been around the sport for 9 years now. I've seen the top level of HS talent in the country in the Louisville and NKY/Cincy area. I've traveled all over the country to qualifiers during club season for the past nine years. Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta, Indy, Baltimore, Cincy, Louisville, Nashville....etc. We're talking about well over 100 club tournaments including numerous national qualifiers and championships envolving hundreds of teams with the very top open players in the country. My daughter even played a season for KIVA which most regard as at least a top 3 club nationally if not the best. My point is I've seen the very best of the best up close for years now and "believe" I'm qualified to make judgements regarding players or teams based on years of comparing top players and their fundamental skills. Dont mean to come off as arrogant, but some no doubt will think I am. All I'm saying is that I "think" I'm qualified to evaluate talent based on years of comparison with the best talent in the nation and not just TN or KY volleyball.

My early guess is Brentwood, Sullivan South or Germantown.

Here is Anderson County's.

Pam Humphrey

Karen Pressley

Leigh Ann Humphrey

Susie Hawkins

Kim Ohmstead (2)

Deanna Hatmaker

Amber Andrews

Melanie Templin (2)

Rachel Templin (3)

Lori Purkey (2)

Amy Eckerly (3)

Abby Jo Humphrey (2)

Megan Pheiler (2)

Marcia Harmon (2)

Randi Mellon (2)

Christy Hicks

Brooke Irwin

Jayme Wheeler

Jenny Phillips

Amanda Wallace

Stephanie Shelby

Lindsay Hall

Ashley Thayer (2)

Keely Bollinger (2)

Maia Ferry (2)

Thats 39 selections.

I see 2 three year all state players. Have ther been any others from other schools. Possibly Brewster from Brentwood. This is a major acomplishment.

I don't know of any other three time all state selections. The team that Eckerly and Templin played on won 1 state championship; 2 runners-up; and went 203-5 over five years.

I think Sullivan South had a few players that made all-state three years in a row back in the mid 90's. Kelly King is one I know of for sure she was on two state championship teams in 95 and 96. Laura Hooks could have been another.

Edited by NETVC

Announcements