Waverly vs. Mont. Cent.

rednecktiger

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. Your right, it was 35-0. 28-6 was previous year. But one thing you are wrong about. The game was in doubt at the half. 7-0 was the score. I don't think that is a decisive lead. And Waverly outplayed them in the first half.

Yea.....I was on the defense and the boyd brothers didnt look too happy about their halftime stats either....i think it was a combined 35 yds rushing in the first half. then camden started throwing the ball on us and we didnt have a passing defense

My bad. Your right, it was 35-0. 28-6 was previous year. But one thing you are wrong about. The game was in doubt at the half. 7-0 was the score. I don't think that is a decisive lead. And Waverly outplayed them in the first half.

And if I'm not mistaken, Josh broke 100 yards for the game, and one of our younger backs (Williams) was close.

Getting shutout is not outplaying somebody.

But I still say Wavo over Mont. Cent., hopefully with a shut out.

Edited by rcombs

And if I'm not mistaken, Josh broke 100 yards for the game, and one of our younger backs (Williams) was close.

Getting shutout is not outplaying somebody.

But I still say Wavo over Mont. Cent., hopefully with a shut out.

You must have trouble reading stories since you don't read the whole thing. I said, in the first half the score was 7-0 and Waverly outplayed them in the first half. YOu implied that the game was a blow out from start to finish. It wasn't and won't be this year. Camden will probably win, but don't forget. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

Josh had 100 yards from the game, but didn't have squat in the first half.

You must have trouble reading stories since you don't read the whole thing. I said, in the first half the score was 7-0 and Waverly outplayed them in the first half. YOu implied that the game was a blow out from start to finish. It wasn't and won't be this year. Camden will probably win, but don't forget. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

Well, even if the game had ended at halftime, Waverly still loses. :D

ok...let me clear up a few stats before anyone loses their heads here...

The score was 14-0 at the half...Camden scorers were Plant on a pass in the first and Horton on an option end around with 2:30 in the half.

Josh Boyd had 152 yards rushing with 7 others also seeing ball time for a total of 367 yards rushing...Waverly had a grand total of 103

Camden had 140 passing yards...Waverly 40

Camden had 14 first downs...Waverly 7

Waverly's defense keyed on the Boyds in the first half yes, and was able to put a stop to them early...but what makes an offense successful is being able to adjust and still be able to move the ball. The stats above reflect Camden's ability to do that. You can say you have a successful defense when you are able to shut a team down for the whole game, not just until the OC makes an adjustment and then just blows you out of the water. The above stats reflect that that's exactly what happened to the Tigers.

Last year is last year...I expect this year's game to be different but we have a few weeks before we need to worry bout that

Edited by Lions4ever

ok...let me clear up a few stats before anyone loses their heads here...

The score was 14-0 at the half...Camden scorers were Plant on a pass in the first and Horton on an option end around with 2:30 in the half.

Josh Boyd had 152 yards rushing with 7 others also seeing ball time for a total of 367 yards rushing...Waverly had a grand total of 103

Camden had 140 passing yards...Waverly 40

Camden had 14 first downs...Waverly 7

Waverly's defense keyed on the Boyds in the first half yes, and was able to put a stop to them early...but what makes an offense successful is being able to adjust and still be able to move the ball. The stats above reflect Camden's ability to do that. You can say you have a successful defense when you are able to shut a team down for the whole game, not just until the OC makes an adjustment and then just blows you out of the water. The above stats reflect that that's exactly what happened to the Tigers.

Last year is last year...I expect this year's game to be different but we have a few weeks before we need to worry bout that

Thanks good buddy :D

Waverly wins this game 15-14. MC controlled the first half scoring a touchdown (missed conversion) and a safety to take a 8-0 lead into halftime. Waverly came out flat and the offense couldn't put together any kind of a drive. MC's star running back (#11) went down with an injury right before halftime and did not return. The second half was much different. Waverly's intensity was obviously much better and they began to move the ball and control the clock and kept their defense off the field. Waverly's first drive of the second half resulted in a TD and the 2 pt. conversion tied it at 8-8. The defense also played better in the second half. Waverly scored again to take a 15-8 lead but MC came back to score later in the 4th quarter. The extra point was blocked by Luke Anderson, making it 15-14. MC had one late chance but decided to pooch kick on fourth down around Waverly's 30 yard line with less than 3 minutes left. Waverly then ran for a couple first downs preserving the win. It wasn't pretty but it still counts. Good job Tigers.

Edited by mkhhawk

Good turn around tonight for the Tiger Team. The first quarter was not impressive...that is putting a positive spin on it. The second half was of course, better for the Tigers. I was very impressed my Luke Anderson (2pt Conv. & Blocked PAT), Casey Waggoner (2 TD's), and Alex Green tonight. Good game Tiger Team...let's make a it even prettier next week shall we.

Montgomery Central played dirty tonight, real dirty. I'll explain later.

Best of Luck to Mont. Central's RB, hope he's ok.

JT Blue should be back next week, along with Crietter Howell, who also did not play tonight.

The Tigers Host Decatur County Parsons Riverside (what a mouthfull) next week...

GO TIGERS!!