Oakland at Lincoln County

Bacillum

Congrats to LC....hope we both get to see each other again in the playoffs. It is always a slugfest at the PIT. I was proud of Oakland for coming back when down 14-0. I had a feeling of dread when it went to OT....and seems those feelings were not unfounded. Hard to win at the PIT in OT. The wind was tuff on us too....

I was impressed tonight with Kaelin, STELL, Hodge, Bass, BULLDOZERRRRRR, Murphy, Bud, Elrod, Peetie......

Tuff loss guys, but may just be a blessing in the long run. We don't like that losing feeling, do we?? This was a non-region game .....we wanted a W....but beating region teams is more important right now.

Best of luck to LC.....thanks for the hospitality tonight.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to LC....hope we both get to see each other again in the playoffs. It is always a slugfest at the PIT. I was proud of Oakland for coming back when down 14-0. I had a feeling of dread when it went to OT....and seems those feelings were not unfounded. Hard to win at the PIT in OT. The wind was tuff on us too....

I was impressed tonight with Kaelin, STELL, Hodge, Bass, BULLDOZERRRRRR, Murphy, Bud, Elrod, Peetie......

Tuff loss guys, but may just be a blessing in the long run. We don't like that losing feeling, do we?? This was a non-region game .....we wanted a W....but beating region teams is more important right now.

Best of luck to LC.....thanks for the hospitality tonight.

A loss might actually be good in the long run as you pointed out. I'm sure ya'll will respond in a good way next week. Sorry about the loss Pats

The O-Line played maybe their best game of the year tonight opening some good holes for Ramsey and Matt Moran to run through. I know that everybody has been on your butt's most of the year but yall played a good game tonight against a pretty darn good Oakland defense. Just keep improving and we'll be ok. Big game next week you know all Falcon fans really thought that we let one get away against H.G. last year and we should have won the game, had it not been for some flags at bad times and some non-calls, just focus and remember what happened, and maybe this year, never let up on them and come out with a victory :o

You can say whay you want but that game at Hazel Green last year was rigged!! The officiating was not bad until the last 6 minutes of the game when it was time to pull it out for the home boys. I am a solid church member, but for a player to pull out a wireless microphone and walk out to the 50 yard line and start screaming scriptures out of the bible over the PA system while a huge fireworks display goes off in the background is ridiculous. ( I noticed he didn't read the part of the 10 Commandments that say "Thou shalt not steal"!! :o ) The phantom pass interference call that kept their game winning drive alive is still a sore spot with coach T. I'm not one to run it up on somebody but I say hang 100 on them if we can.

Good luck to Oakland, you guys fought back when a lot of teams would have folded!!!

Well well well... To all the oakland players. that was a great game... # 66 is a great player.. Yall played wit alot of effort and ALOT of heart.. I was the startin center for the falcons and out of my 3 years that was the best game iv been in.. Thanks for all the support we got and to :o Falconfanatic :lol: .. I hope u saw that LCs o line is better than u think... U dont seem like u know awhole lot.. Thanks for bein a true falcon fan.. But thanks for all the support falcons fan... Not many people thought we would win... But u can never under estimate a Falcon team.. Best of luck to Oakland

Go FALCONS... Beat the TROGANS :o

First off, lc54, congrats on the win.

Second, I'm not trying to pick on you, but please work on the spelling. Oakland is capitalized. With; a lot is two words; starting; Falcons is capitalized; I've; you is three letters when used as a word; Trojans; seriously, if "u" want to comment on someone not knowing a lot, a little proofreading would let that person take "u" more seriously.

Third, I do know my football. I know it's tough for a running back to get started when the defense is hitting him as soon as he gets the ball (happened a lot last night). I know when a pulling guard comes around the tackle to kick a defender out he shouldn't whiff. I know that lineman should have consistent stances...I was able to tell when a pass was coming just by the LC O-Line's stances. I know there was very limited success between the tackles (there was a long fullback run for a td on 4th down...well done, 1 long play) and most of Ramsey's yards came when the play was run to the outside or he was able to bounce it outside. There is more if you want constructive criticism.

Seriously, I never would have posted on Coach T about you guys if you and your linemate had not started posting as though you were the Hogs from the 1980's Redskins (look it up, they were great). I yelled my head off for the Falcons last night and was pleased for the win. Just because I point out issues doesn't make me less of a fan...if anything it makes me more of one as I can objectively see issues and am willing to point them out.

Now, prove me wrong....dominate Hazel Green next week and I'll be the first one to sing your praises.

Edited by FalconFanatic

I wish I was one of the 80's redskin hogs, those guys are cool. But seriously, Falconfanatic, I realize that you think you're trying to report on issues objectively, but I want you to go back and read your first post. I understand it might have been taken wrong, but at face value, it seems like a shameless insult, serving no purpose but to P-O Me and my "Linemate", which is completely unnecessary, and overall not helpful. Therefore, I wish to congratulate you on being the most hated person by our O-Line last week. We printed off your post and kept it in the locker room, and it made us so mad, we just HAD to block, and block we did. I realize we could have done better, but honestly, how good can a bunch of poorly conditioned guys who are slow to come off the ball do against a big strong defense like Oakland's? Good enough apparently, and that's the point I was wishing to make with my post. No matter what people say about LC or Oakland, LC will always be ready to play come Oakland week. I wasn't trying to sound cocky, just let everyone know that we've done this type of thing in the past, and we can do it again. See y'all next week, when we get revenge on the "Trogans"(Trojans). By the way, please excuse my and my "Linemate"'s Spelling, we haven't had senior English yet.

Edited by Lc68

First off, lc54, congrats on the win.

Second, I'm not trying to pick on you, but please work on the spelling. Oakland is capitalized. With; a lot is two words; starting; Falcons is capitalized; I've; you is three letters when used as a word; Trojans; seriously, if "u" want to comment on someone not knowing a lot, a little proofreading would let that person take "u" more seriously.

Third, I do know my football. I know it's tough for a running back to get started when the defense is hitting him as soon as he gets the ball (happened a lot last night). I know when a pulling guard comes around the tackle to kick a defender out he shouldn't whiff. I know that lineman should have consistent stances...I was able to tell when a pass was coming just by the LC O-Line's stances. I know there was very limited success between the tackles (there was a long fullback run for a td on 4th down...well done, 1 long play) and most of Ramsey's yards came when the play was run to the outside or he was able to bounce it outside. There is more if you want constructive criticism.

Seriously, I never would have posted on Coach T about you guys if you and your linemate had not started posting as though you were the Hogs from the 1980's Redskins (look it up, they were great). I yelled my head off for the Falcons last night and was pleased for the win. Just because I point out issues doesn't make me less of a fan...if anything it makes me more of one as I can objectively see issues and am willing to point them out.

Now, prove me wrong....dominate Hazel Green next week and I'll be the first one to sing your praises.

Well excuse me if i mispelled a few things. Didnt know it was a English paper. I understand you were just trying to help, but as a lineman i didnt like it. I think my " linemate" said everything else that needed to be said.. GO FALCONS..

Beat the TROJANS... my bad

I knew someone would jump on that "linemate" thing. Kind of a major faux pas there. :lol:

Yeah you really got me there. Linemate is used to describe fellow offensive linemen in small newspapers and magazines like USA Today, Pro Football Weekly, etc. It is a common sports term also used to describe fellow defensive linemen and hockey forwards on the ice together. I'm not too sure what you're getting at there, but I digress.

54 and 68, I'm glad to be of service. Let's see, my initial post was useless and worthless, but it helped motivate you for what you feel was a well blocked game. Glad I could help. I'll be there Friday rooting for the Falcons, so dominate Hazel Green and I'll be on here singing your praises. Ramsey is a great back and small creases will get him big yards...get those creases.

As for the spelling, that was just a little joke as you called me out on not knowing "alot." But seriously, learn to spell. Ha ha.

Edited by FalconFanatic

I ve never been a believer in moral victories, but I saw something in this Oakland team last night that I have not seen in a few seasons. We came stumbing out of the gate spotting them 14 in the 1st quarter, but these guys stunk it up and strapped it on when the past 2 teams would have mailed it in, in that respect, im very proud of these guys and it gives me hope that we can still have a great season and maybe win a few games in the playoffs, should we be lucky enough.

But with that said, once again the offense the offense could capitalize when the defense gave them prime field position. Yes, we missed 2 field goals, but had we been able to run the ball near the goalline, those fg's would have been touchdowns. Ive havent seen the passing the game look that good since 2002. That dink and dunk punt formation worked to perfection on that trick play that seemed to spark the team.

Also, much praise for the administration at Lincoln County for taking every precaution and going beyond the minimum to provide a way for the fans to stay dry and more importantly, safe. Oakland didnt win but the Pit is one of those few places that no matter what the result is, I always have a good time and can always say that I enjoyed the game.

Lets move on to another big region game, Pats. Win next friday and were in the playoffs. GO PATS!@