Cherokee @ Science Hill

topvol98

\ :o / I don't know . . .

topvol98 . . . I don't have reserved seating, so how close to the 50 yd line can I get without being in someone's seat?

Have to sit on the visitors side, or call the school and see if there are any seats left in reserve seating. The three middle sections B,C and D are all reserve seating.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Toppers need to give the ball to Solomon and David Alexander. Those two can make things happen.

Yeah that is the answer but the problem is getting them the ball in space. It can be achieved by either creating space before the ball is in their hands or creating space for them once they have the ball.

It's alot easier to create the space before they get the ball, especially in David's case because it's going to be very difficult for defensive backs to bring him down but we (I'm a Homer) have not been able to get him the ball the last couple of weeks unless we are handing it to him. That's just an fact. There is only two ways to create the space before an player is given the ball(and if there is another. please let me know) either he's running routes or the option. We haven't been able to use either to get them the ball that way since the first half of Elizabethton.

The second way is it hand them the ball and have space created for them but this hasn't been effective because we don't use misdirection type plays and teams know when Solomon is in the game that we are going to run him. He likes to get outside so they have been scheming the defenses to make sure that doesn't happen. It's been pretty effective since he has not scored an touchdown since the Betsy game.

With this type of offense both ways of getting space can be achieved by getting the ball vertical in the passing and/or having an effective option game. We had an effective option game against Central. The vertical passing game has not been existent and teams are loading the box with 8 players. The two long passes that David score on were on crossing patterns and him breaking multiple tackles. Our success last year was due to the fact that Brandon Shoun made you respect his feet and arm to create the space in for Justice Joslin and Michael Forny. Against teams that hadn't seen Solomon he was able to outrun them to the edge while getting upfield. Against disciplined, well-coached teams it has been alot harder. I'm talking about running the spread option. I'm not sure of what "changes" are in the offense but these two can be as, if not more effective, in the spread IF we can start making plays in the vertical passing game and the option.

Disclaimer- I'm not an coach. I just play one on my PS2.

So maybe you can give me a breakdown of what to expect from Cherokee since you've just played them(I'm assuming your an Boone fan :thumb: ) since I can't get an scouting report from Cherokee. I think that the Chiefs will be reminded how they were embarassed at home last year but this is an beatable Science Hill team. I don't know if the Chiers have enough horses on defense to handle the speed that the Toppers have on offense. I expect Cherokee to try to put the ball down Science Hill's throat and see what happens but what kind of weapons do they have on either side of the ball.

Cherokee is BIG and Physical between the Ends. No One in the past two seasons have blown Boone off the ball like they did in the first half. Granted Boone gave it back to them when Boone had the ball but they can move the ball in Large chunks straight up the gut. Their QB is fast and elusive, and suprisingly threw the ball well. He made good decisions. (with a possible exception of the last pass of the game, although Adam Venters made a Great Play so he does deserve alot of the credit for the play). Compound this with a bag full of trick plays and non-conventional formations, and they are a real force. They run an unbalanced line most of the night, and had they ran a trap or counter out of that formation they may have still been running. The backs are not exceptionally fast but I wouldn't classify them as slow. But they make up for that lack of speed with physical-ness. Usually takes more than one hit to bring them down. Their kicking game is WEAK. Deepest kick-off was to 35 yardline. They really should use their JV kicker he was very good monday night. If SH gets some good bounces it could be real exciting. I would say getting on them early is the key. But I think they are a MUCH Improved team from Last year.

I believe we win this one, but I hope it is a convincing win as opposed to a close one. I believe even if we win this one by a narrow margin, we are in for a tough time starting our Big East run to finish the season.

TOPPERS by 14 or more :unsure:

I'm hoping that it will be an good win, no matter of what the scoreboard says. This is still against an school who may be more in between Sullivan Central and Elizabethton than Tennessee High and Seveir County.I don't believe this team will be a good judge of the how good this team is but could tell you alot about how good they aren't. I would like to see an more unified effort from everyone so that the kids can become an team again. Bearden is going to be an uphill battle. This week will be interesting with the changes that have been implemented on the offense. Toppers should be able to out athlete them.

Toppers by 10.

Edited by topvol98