JPII VS MBA?

Knightime

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the game with some of the Cent guys and thought a game was going to break out one night early with FR!!!

To the game...worst MBA team I've seen in years, and has anyone gotten less out of more than JPII. Two very, very average teams.

MBA still should have won despite ALL the turnovers.

GO Wilco!

Went to the game with some of the Cent guys and thought a game was going to break out one night early with FR!!!

To the game...worst MBA team I've seen in years, and has anyone gotten less out of more than JPII. Two very, very average teams.

GO Wilco!

Agreed!

There is so much speed and talent on the JPII team and it is NOT utilized, even tonight with a win against MBA.

Way to go Knights! Keep improving!

OK You have a good point. You cant coach heart , drive and want-to into a player. And the coach does need to light a fire under a few Butts. But you can put those same players into a system that develops confidence it. Dfense is all about scheming your play calls to what the other teams tendencies are. The vanilla read and react doesn’t give your players a chance to cover up a mistake. Take the pressure off the players and slant them, blitz them, put them in the correct position by calling coverages that take advantages of the other teams tendencies on down and distance that you watched on film or got from scouts. And when your calls are wrong, which you will be every now & then, you hope a player makes a great play or you pat them on the back and tell them “My Bad” We’ll get’m next time.

Good win for the Knights, the defense needs to keep working hard. Good luck in the next game. :)

I have seen JPII play twice this year. Golden Tate had very few touches in these 2 games but when he did good things happened. Maybe its just me, but I don't think he is used enough on offense. Why not put him at tailback and leave him there and run him 20 times a game? You can still mix in some of the offense they run now with some of the other guys. I just think they would be more successful if he was more involved on offense.

GO Wilco!

Agreed. Very slow, unentertaining game to watch. One of the softest games I've seen in a while, although I did see Ben B. pancake several people at the FB spot. I thought Waddey and #22 for MBA both ran hard and well. I didn't really like the call to try the only long pass of the game, which ended up being intercepted, when the running game had been clicking pretty well all night. JPII did a good job of capitalizing on some very costly turnovers. Golden Tate showed flashes of great athleticism, but I thought I would see more out of him. Based on last night, two pretty mediocre teams. Glad to see the MBA boys playing hard though. It's hard to complain about losing when the kids play hard. Wish they were a little more physical though.

Edited by Redtwin