JPII VS MBA?

Knightime

OK football fans after JPII's bashing and MBA's whoopin by West Tennessee's ECS and CB. Which of these teams will bounce back to take this game?

Appearently both teams have lost their Defenses and both must have coaches that are to hard headed to make adjustments to their defensive schemes.

I must say JPII has the easiest remaining schedule and needs three wins to get in the playoffs while MBA is heading into the most difficult part of their schedule with their last 5 games having to face JPII, Father Ryan, BA, Mcallie and Baylor.

What program / Coaching staff has what it takes to turn it around?

I say JPII takes a close one in Double overtime 28-27.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK football fans after JPII's bashing and MBA's whoopin by West Tennessee's ECS and CB. Which of these teams will bounce back to take this game?

Appearently both teams have lost their Defenses and both must have coaches that are to hard headed to make adjustments to their defensive schemes.

I must say JPII has the easiest remaining schedule and needs three wins to get in the playoffs while MBA is heading into the most difficult part of their schedule with their last 5 games having to face JPII, Father Ryan, BA, Mcallie and Baylor.

What program / Coaching staff has what it takes to turn it around?

I say JPII takes a close one in Double overtime 28-27.

MBA lost to CBHS and MUS, not ECS. I beleive MUS lost to ECS.

As far as this game...I have no idea what to expect. MBA has been absolutely devastated by injuries. I have never seen anything like it. They are now down to their third and fourth string QB's among other things. Very disapointed in the CBHS game last Friday, especially from a defensive perspective. This team will struggle to have a winning record, in my opinion. Fortunately, PJP has not been too impressive, either. Hopefully, the Big Red can pull out the win.

Edited by TheBigRedDog

MBA lost to CBHS and MUS, not ECS. I beleive MUS lost to ECS.

As far as this game...I have no idea what to expect. MBA has been absolutely devastated by injuries. I have never seen anything like it. They are now down to their third and fourth string QB's among other things. Very dissapointed in the CBHS game last Friday, especially from a defensive perspective. This team will struggle to have a winning record, in my opinion. Fortunately, PJP has not been too impressive, either. Hopefully, the Big Red can pull out the win.

I've been following MBA football since '70. By season's end, the '75 team had a similar injury situation, but I can't recall anything as bad as this at this point in the season.

It's a question and not an accusation: is there any chance that the injury situation is related to the installation of the new turf?

This game is actually quite meaningful for MBA in terms of getting into the playoffs this year, because JPII is arguably the worst team left on the schedule. If they win, they are 4-2. If they happen to lose, they will be 3-3. In order to make the playoffs, they would need to win 2 more games. Their remaining games are against Ryan, BA, McCallie and Baylor. Not saying (at all!!) that they couldn't do it, but it's certainly no gimme. JPII is not quite as desperate, because they have some easy wins left on their schedule.

MBA's defense, I think, was probably embarrassed by the big loss at CBHS, and I'm sure they are going to have a much better week stepping up against what amounts to a one (very good) man offense.

They'll be ready. MBA by 10.