Metro Freshman Football Rankings

metrosfinest

As we all know a schools freshman football season can tell you a lot about a schools future so for those interested I'm trying to keep up with the scores and ranking. If you know the score of any metro freshman football games send me a reply so I can add it on. Thank you!!!!

School W-L School W-L

Antioch 3-0 Hunters Lane 3 - 0

Glencliff 1-2 Maplewood 2 - 1

Hillsboro 3-0 McGavock 0 - 3

Hillwood 1-2 Stratford 1 - 2

Overton 0-3 Whites Creek 1 - 2

Edited by metrosfinest

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we all know a schools freshman football season can tell you a lot about a schools future so for those interested I'm trying to keep up with the scores and ranking. If you know the score of any metro freshman football games send me a reply so I can add it on. Thank you!!!!

School W-L School W-L

Antioch 0-0 Hunters Lane 0 - 0

Glencliff 0-0 Maplewood 0 - 0

Hillsboro 0-0 McGavock 0 - 0

Hillwood 0-0 Stratford 0 - 0

Overton 0-0 Whites Creek 0 - 0

Every year I enjoy the threads that address 9th grade football. It's a shame there are so few left in Nashville. In the mid '70's, there were at least 20 freshman teams.

Lots of progress, not much improvement.

Every year I enjoy the threads that address 9th grade football. It's a shame there are so few left in Nashville. In the mid '70's, there were at least 20 freshman teams.

Lots of progress, not much improvement.

FYI, they probably have the same number of freshmen teams in Nashville now as they did in the 70's. The problem is that Metro Nashville Public schools made the decision not to play the private schools in freshmen football and formed their own league. The private schools have freshmen teams but have not formed a freshmen specific league to play in with a champion crowned at the end of the season. The private schools simply schedule games against whom ever they wish to play.

Edited by cbg

FYI, they probably have the same number of freshmen teams in Nashville now as they did in the 70's. The problem is that Metro Nashville Public schools made the decision not to play the private schools in freshmen football and formed their own league. The private schools have freshmen teams but have not formed a freshmen specific league to play in with a champion crowned at the end of the season. The private schools simply schedule games against whom ever they wish to play.

FYI, there were 25 high schools at one time in Nashville and they all had freshmen teams.

If you added the private schools to the list of high schools you would have 25 high schools or more in Nashville now.

My mistake for not clarifying; I did mean public schools. When I was a freshman at MBA, our public school opponents were Apollo, Cameron, Rose Park, Moore, and McMurray. We scrimmaged West. I know Bass, Hillwood, Litton, Neely's Bend, Highland Heights, Cumberland, Meigs, Wright, Ewing Park, Donelson, Two Rivers, and Dupont all had teams, and I'm sure there are some I've forgotten.