Harriman vs. Rockwood

smoothsmitty

This was suppose to be the year harriman went 15-0 according to a caller on bbb during the pre-season.. WRONG.. This was suppose to be the year the Harriman finally pulled it out against Kingston.. WRONG AGAIN.. HOWEVER, this will be the year that harriman finally defeats Rockwood.. harriman has too much speed.. rockwoof will be the more physical team.. but u cant be physical if u cant catch em.. with the big boy up front, harrimans line will dominate, harriman has quicker backs who can easily get by rockwoods LBs and secondary.... harriman wins. can i get an amen from DEVILS97???

So your gonna say that Ronnie Dyer is not fast? Your gonna say that Bryant Allen is not fast? Yeah OOOKAY! And the D cannot keep up with Harriman's backs? But yet Rockwood could stop Kingston's backs until the 4th because they just wore out? Chase Clem can slice through the O-line llike a hot knife through butter. Get a grip fool.

Edited by BigT2006

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of the coach? I totally disagree. I think the current coach has brought a since of winning and pride back to the Harriman program. I also don't think you'll find a classier person on any sideline in the state. In interviews, I've never heard him say anything negative about a kid. I believe this guy honestly cares about these kids not only as football players, but as human beings, as well. To me, regardless of wins and losses, these young men will take a lot with them in life as a result of his influence.

You're probably right about him caring about the kids and I wasn't really personally attacking him. No matter what level you coach on, wins and losses count. I have nothing at all against him, I just don't think he is a very good football coach. I really don't think he brough winning and pride back to harriman, it was them dropping down to single A that brought winning and pride.

Harriman has multiple players who can run the 40 in 4.3? Who and what colleges are recruiting them? Very rarely would a small school have 1 guy with real sub-4.4 speed, but several?

Maybe if you're from Oakdale I could understand how shocking that would be to you. I remember when we played Rockwood my junior year and they had ashley, ewing, chatman, wilson, and lyke. All those guys were 4.4 or faster. Yes i'm talking about the wilson who is on the sidelines coaching now.

Maybe if you're from Oakdale I could understand how shocking that would be to you. I remember when we played Rockwood my junior year and they had ashley, ewing, chatman, wilson, and lyke. All those guys were 4.4 or faster. Yes i'm talking about the wilson who is on the sidelines coaching now.

Actually, I was in HS with those group of guys at Rockwood (they are a few years younger). Not one of them were under 4.4.They were very VERY fast for high school, but none were sub 4.4.

What we believe and the truth is often very different. A speed of a 4.30 forty is actually considered WORLD CLASS speed. Of all running backs and wide receivers at the NFL combines last season, how many actually ran under a 4.4? Only 4. There were also 8 DB than ran sub 4.4s. We are talking NFL quality players.

The dictionary says this about 40 yard dash speed:

Generally, any time under 4.4 seconds is considered exceptionally fast even at the NFL level. Times between 4.4 and 4.6 seconds are good for the NFL. Times above 5 seconds are typically run only by linemen, the slowest time recorded at the 2006 combine was 5.41 seconds by an offensive lineman.

Now 4.4 to 4.6 is considered GOOD speed for NFL players & only 12 of over 100 players who went through the NFL combines last season ran under 4.4 (which is considered EXCELLENT SPEED). How many HS teams have NFL speed?

Lets bring this to a more local level...Jermaine Copeland is probably the best athlete to ever come through Roane County. He was dominate in terms of speed and athleticism. What was the major critique of Cope when he tried to make it in the NFL? Lack of speed. Now when he ran straight past me over and over back in the day, it seemed like he was running a 4.2 or so, but he was really clocked in the 4.5 range (give or take a bit). Cope could probably run circles around 99% of the players in Roane County.

Contrary to what we think, believe, or have heard, these are the facts about NFL players. So based on fact, do you still honestly believe a high school in Roane County has multiple players with 4.40 or better speed?

First of all, hats off to Coach Tapp for coming up with a great game plan that almost won the game for Harriman. Julian Goins is one heck of a player. I'm so glad he is graduating. One Harriman fan stated that Rockwood people should be embarrassed to accept that win. I for one am proud to take the win to go along with the previous 6 for 7 in a row. I will agree the officiating left something to be desired. I believe Harriman was called for 9 penalties. In a well officiated game they probably get 18 penalties. They hold more than any team I've watched in a while. As far as the referees stealing this game from Harriman, I guess the 385 yards rushing for Rockwood had nothing to do with Rockwood winning or Harriman's inability to stop Bryant Allen (185 yds, 5TD's) for the second year in a row. I guess Harriman fumbling on the Rockwood 1 yd line had nothing to do with the loss either. As far as being embarrassed about beating up on a small single A team, we are the 5 smallest AA school in the state we are not a AAA state powerhouse. If you don't want to play us, don't schedule us. Hats off to the Rockwood team, trailing 21-7, for never lossing their composure and tying the game with 2 late 2nd quarter TD's. This was a great high school football game won on the FIELD by the Tigers, to be remembered for the rest of their lives. Congrats to our Seniors for finishing 4-0 against Harriman and 2-2 against Kingston. I'm looking forward to our Junior Class going 4-0 against Harriman next year. Good luck to Harriman the rest of the year. Hope we both advance to the playoffs.

Yes, this was a very good game!! I believe the difference was the big Allen kid. He reminded me of John Riggins of the Redskins back in my high school days. If he keeps getting better there is no doubt in my mind that he'll play on Saturdays!! Hats off to both teams on a heck of a game!!!!