DB VS Tenn High

Contender

EXACTLY I completly agree it means nothing its nice to have but whats it matter as long as you go undefeated? The poles are nice too look at ti and they give you a GENERAL idea on what it looks like statewide but they dont mean anything...how well you play and how many game you win...plain and simple

Yeah, But isn't all this a lot of fun?!!! Hey I hope both our teams and all the fans can come out Friday night and put on a good show. Wouldn't it be great if win or loose both teams could look back and say, "... that was a fun game. That is what high school football is all about...." Let's hope this one will be one for the ages that is looked back on and remembered.

But until then, let the good natured ribbing and gum flappin' continue!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one reason for DB not being able to bring home the State Champ Trophey is because the lack of competition in E. Tenn for us. I am not bragging or saying how much better DB is then everyone just stateting a fact in 5A Midd Tenn overrall have better teams and they all play each other....where is here it's DB, OR, and occassionally SH, and Jeff Co....if ALL these programs would step up it would not only help DB it would als help ALL the teams in the area....a crappy scout team D isnt going to help an Off. You gotta have competition.

The reason that a lot of the other teams in the area are not as good is because some of the better players transfer to DB when they are young. Same goes for a lot of coaches. They will leave a county school to go to the city schools with more talent to choose from and more money. This helps and hurts DB at the same time.

Football is a game of numbers, unlike basketball or baseball where one great player or a couple of pitchers can win games. That is where DB wins a lot of there games in this area because it is hard to compete with that much talent at every position.

But I love Trash Talk. It makes Saturday through Thursday bearable. First of all we shouldn't talk about just Bloomingdale lets also talk all the others playing for DB that does not live there like Central and Colonial Hieghts. I suppose it's O.K. to live in Colonial Hieghts and Blountville but we want to give up on beating DB and just JOIN them. I know of Several starters that should be going to North, Central and South but they want to brag how they beat everyone in the Tri-Cities so you can tell everyone how you beat TN.HIGH this year at there house but remember you will wake up on Saturday with a few bruises your self.

GO VIKINGS

So i guess its DB's winning program that lures these young men away from those other programs that only want to talk about what if. Tennessee High I am sure has some kids that could go to other school but for some odd reason they choose to go there. There is no fault in a kid wanting to play for a winning school. Tennessee High has a respectful program that gets the best out of their players year in and year out. All the way to the middle school. So I don't fault a player who wants to go to a school because of that. And i assure you that DB wont be bragging on a win against 4a tn high. there are bigger fish to fry. the last time i looked db is one of the only, if not the only team that plays top teams each year. Oak ridge, south and Tn High are always ranked. I like to see all these other schools in East Tn travel to knoxville and play the likes of Maryville, Morirstown West, or they can continue to play teams that don't have a shot at all in beating them. I wont mention these schools, they play with what they have. and do a good job at it. But its Wed. so we still have a few days left to see where the two teams stand. Should be a good one, at least for half.

OK let's take your argument down point by point. Because the county schools always bring up enrollment and money.

Talent...doesn't Central have an all world lineman that is being looked at by major universities? Has that alone translated into Ws?

Student enrollment...here we go again with that whole # of kids = # of wins. DB competes against several schools with alot more students, but you still can only put 11 guys on the field at any time. Jeff county has the largest enrollment in the Big East, but that doesn't equate to success. You guys have about the same # of students as Maryville and MoWest, why can't you beat them? How come all you 4A schools can beat up on the lesser teams in the playoffs but ALWAYS get put out by MoWest or Maryville? That is a fair question. Come on, Alcoa has only around 400 students and they would smoke the 4A teams around here and gave Maryville a pretty good game earlier. Out of 400 kids they seem to be able to find 22 guys to play and play well....maybe there is something to this coaching thing?

Fan and booster support...Yes there is alot of community support for the Tribe sports programs. But so is there in other communities. I have seen you and your posse bring up the fact that Pal Barger donated money to the DB fieldhouse! Well he is a DB grad and can spend his money where he likes. I pay county taxes to support those schools and I'm proud to do it. By the way, there are several nice, new facilities at South that were paid for by private people close to the program...you don't seem to have any issues with those same people not contributing to the Cougar program. But in the end, it doesn't matter what type of fans and booster you have, you still have to win on the field.

Now that you have been set straight for the umpteenth time, it's time for you to jump on the Central/Volunteer board and stir your team to a victory! At least 1! :thumb:

Are you seriously saying that Central has just as much talent, fan support and money as DB? And enrollement does make a difference. It is a lot easier to make a great team out of 1800 students (DB) than 900 (Central).

Thanks again for setting me straight.

The reason that a lot of the other teams in the area are not as good is because some of the better players transfer to DB when they are young. Same goes for a lot of coaches. They will leave a county school to go to the city schools with more talent to choose from and more money. This helps and hurts DB at the same time.

Football is a game of numbers, unlike basketball or baseball where one great player or a couple of pitchers can win games. That is where DB wins a lot of there games in this area because it is hard to compete with that much talent at every position.

That's bunk...if you got proof name names buddy. If not move on to the basketball board. If that's the case then why do you guys have an all-state lineman being looked at by the big division 1 colleges? Why didn't he transfer to the better talent and money?

Coaches? Central has had some great coaches...Dickie Warren and the current basketball coach to name 2. What coahces are you talking about?

You should be calling Tennessee High to see if theres room for your cheerleaders on their sideline. Im sure they would rather come cheer against DB than cheer for their on team. As would you.

Again with the cheerleaders? The joke never made since in the first place and now it is just plain weird.

WaCo, shouldn't you be signing up to watch the DB/TN high on tricitiessports.com while wearing your 1964 DB shirt and whispering to yourself during the game that this is our year?

Coaches? Central has had some great coaches...Dickie Warren and the current basketball coach to name 2. What coahces are you talking about?

Central does have a good basketball coach now. That is why they have been successful the past 6 years.

At one point Central had 4 different baseball coaches in 4 years. One who went to DB to coach the JV. How can you build a program like that.

But whatever, you are a DB fan and you are going to take up for them and I understand that, but unless you are on the other side you won't see it.

Are you seriously saying that Central has just as much talent, fan support and money as DB? And enrollement does make a difference. It is a lot easier to make a great team out of 1800 students (DB) than 900 (Central).

Gate City, that little 1A school in South West Va. never has any problem thumping the 3 and 4A schools in Upper East Tn. And they do with far less students. Oh and by the way, most of those 1800 students at DB are in the band.

Again with the cheerleaders? The joke never made since in the first place and now it is just plain weird.

WaCo, shouldn't you be signing up to watch the DB/TN high on tricitiessports.com while wearing your 1964 DB shirt and whispering to yourself during the game that this is our year?

Its not a joke Mo Ron. I am refering to the Basketball tourney this year when Central, South and Greenville Cheerleaders (as well as fans) teamed up to cheer against DB. If you have a memory, its a short one.

So maybe the Central Cheerleeders can come to Tennessee High and help out. I mean your a Central Boy aren't you. And you sure are spending a lot of your time on the Tennessee High - DB thread. Looks like you would be on a Central-Volunteer thread. Volunteer might be the only team you guys can beat this year. :thumb:

According to CoachT, you guys have 1093 kids, that's 100 more kids to pick from than you claim. Regardless, you mean out of 900+ kids you can't find 11-22 great athletes to run,catch, and throw? As I stated, Alcoa only has only 400 kids but they compete and win and are very competitive against bigger schools such as Maryville (1300 students)! Obviously they have no problem making a great team out of 400 students! You guys could at least be competitive. I agree that #s of students can make a difference, but it sounds like an excuse more than the real problem for not even competing in your own league. You have more kids than Elizabethton, does that mean they should lose to you.

If you have a problem with fan support, then that is an internal problem not a DB problem. You guys don't seem to have trouble getting together to support bball.

I've driven through Indian Springs and Fall Creek, there is a lot of money in the community, if they are not giving back to the school then again that is an internal problem not a DB problem.

I believe evey post I have read from you belly aches about how DB has so many kids and so much money and wah wah wah. Sounds like you need to do like ALL the talent from Blountville you speak of and move to the city!