DB VS Tenn High

Contender

If you watch them too closely someone like Easton Ring will burn you with some big gains. Cap you have an awsome view from a trashtalkers stance, if your Vikings lose, you can say they were outmatched by the #1 5A team while playing a Top 10 4A team, but if your Vikings win, its a never ending rush of how DB is overated and crap like that. Im hoping your one of the players, right?

Welcome to the life of the underdog. :D

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this game will be CLOSE in the Trash Talking Stat.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Just following your lead Art. Like I said in an earlier post... “if you’re ready to talk football and comparison...lets get it on, but if you want to do the trash talk thing…well……..we can do that too”.

It would be interesting to have someone like Art post the last time a D-B defense gave up 20 points. I don't mean trash-time points against the scrubs. I know Oak Ridge scored 20 on the Tribe last year, but 7 came on a punt return. D-B is really in a defensive groove right now. T-H will have to hold the Indians to the 10-14 point range. I really don't think D-B will give up more than that. I think the Indians will be efficient, workman-like, not spectacular (ala Oak Ridge), and maybe a smidgen disinterested. Final....D-B 27 Tennessee High 10.

Since its getting too stupid in here for Waco, its probably an appropriate time to ask a question of those who might know.

When was The Stone Castle built? Was it for TN High or an earlier school?

Was it built before J. Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport?

The Stone Castle opened on October 8th, 1936 under the name of Bristol Municipal Stadium. It originally served as the home football field for Tennessee High and Virginia High as well as the old Slater and Douglas High Schools. It was also the home field for King College when King had a football program. Just judging by the architecture, it's probably a little older than J. Fred.

The Stone Castle was during the great depression, theres that answer, and about TH defense, their starting D has only allowed one touchdown and that was against Science hill, other scores have come from the 2nd or 3rd team late in the 4th quarter, TH defense will be ready to answer the call and make big stops when the time comes like they always do, the score for this one is unpredictable, cuz TH is gonna show a side no one has ever seen...

VP Baby!

Edited by 2Viking1

The Stone Castle was during the great depression, theres that answer, and about TH defense, their starting D has only allowed one touchdown and that was against Science hill, other scores have come from the 2nd or 3rd team late in the 4th quarter, TH defense will be ready to answer the call and make big stops when the time comes like they always do, the score for this one is unpredictable, cuz TH is gonna show a side no one has ever seen...

VP Baby!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ooletwah score a few points in that first round KO of db last year? Or was that the problem, they had their 2nd and 3rd team to build depth for this season?

Edited by topvol98

Just following your lead Art. Like I said in an earlier post... “if you’re ready to talk football and comparison...lets get it on, but if you want to do the trash talk thing…well……..we can do that too”.

Cap.. go back and look again.. I asked 2 times about the Vikings offensive style and how the QB is doing and who were his targets.. I would love to dicsuss the strength's and challanges each team has.

DB is lead by the DEFENSE... led by the Line Backers. Pappas, Thompson, Burnette and Marsh are as good a group of LB's who may ever find on a HS Team. Thompson may not play this week as he took a helmet to helmet shot in the Jeff Co. game and he wobbled off the field. I hope he is ok.

The DB D-Backs.. critized in scrimmages and after the Betsy game, have really turned it on. Sensabaugh, Throp, Lawson, Ring and Hogg are playing great Football. #15 Robert Hogg has really improved game by game and now he is a defensive weapon.

Let's talk some football

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I will hit the offense

What I don't understand is how no one has said anything about the job Stubbs has done at THS. When he took over the program in 2001, their last conference championship dated all the way back to 1972! Needless to say, taking over a not so good program. Since then, the Vikings have won Conference titles in 2001,2002,Co-Champs in 2003,& 2004. Creating a high school football program that is up their with the best in the state (Maryville,D-B,Mo West,Knox Central,Alcoa,etc.).Playing in the castle, where games of such magnitude as the 2004 MLC Championship game against a 9-0 East team, always bring the best out in the Vikings. I have watched this team very closely, and I know how badly they won't this game. So you biased D-B fans can talk all the nonsense you want about walking all over this Viking team, but all I'm gonna say is don't expect anything similar to last year's results, becasue this Viking team would manhandle last year's, unexperienced, unlead, & disfunctional team Viking team. The offensive line that controls the game, Will Win this football game.Can't wait to see what happens, best of luck to both teams. It's gonna be a wild atmosphere. D-B fans, I can understand why you don't respect the Vikings, you have no reason to after the ugly game last yr, but i think the guys of Bristol have something to prove.

Cap.. go back and look again.. I asked 2 times about the Vikings offensive style and how the QB is doing and who were his targets.. I would love to dicsuss the strength's and challanges each team has.

DB is lead by the DEFENSE... led by the Line Backers. Pappas, Thompson, Burnette and Marsh are as good a group of LB's who may ever find on a HS Team. Thompson may not play this week as he took a helmet to helmet shot in the Jeff Co. game and he wobbled off the field. I hope he is ok.

The DB D-Backs.. critized in scrimmages and after the Betsy game, have really turned it on. Sensabaugh, Throp, Lawson, Ring and Hogg are playing great Football. #15 Robert Hogg has really improved game by game and now he is a defensive weapon.

Let's talk some football

This one could be a defensive slobber knocker Art. Defense is the Vikings strong suit as well. The starting unit has only given up one TD all season. The defensive highlight of the year so far has to be 3 consecutive first and goal possessions in the fourth quarter by the Toppers and the Vikings kept them out of the endzone.

The front four have played well all year. They have been able to get after the quarterback and have made several tackles in the backfield in every game. The linbacking core is solid and the secondary has come up with big plays in every game so far. But the Vikings have not been tested the way they will be Friday night. It has the makings of a good game.

defensive highlight of the year so far has to be 3 consecutive first and goal possessions in the fourth quarter by the Toppers and the Vikings kept them out of the endzone.

It was one first and goal possesion that ended with and 3 yard loss on forth down. Two redzone opportunities with one ending with an fumble on the 11 and the other on downs from the 12. And let's be fair it was the Toppers and the playcalling was not all that good.