DB VS Tenn High

Contender

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys really think this is going to be an easy win for DB????! Now I know that it was just Unicoi…but do you realize that they hit the locker room with almost negative offensive yards at halftime, and only 42 total yards on the night. Stubs put in subs about 4 minutes into the second quarter…and our true JV team played all but maybe the first possession of the second half. It was 14 to nothing with barely 2 minutes played in the game and 28 to 0 by the end of the first quarter. And before you have some cheap comment about how that was just Unicoi or they should be 3A…it was 34 to 0 by halftime of the THS vs Elizabethton game! The Viking Defense stopped Science Hill (which by the way has more weapons and athleticism than we will see this week) 3 consecutive times after starting drives in the red zone!!

So if this ridiculous chanting that SOME of the DB hopefuls are taking part in is intended to convince yourself that you are THAT MUCH better than the Vikings…then by all means help yourself. But if intended as intimidation you can save it...5A…6A…your still just DB to us! And anytime we compete against you in anything we know and expect to have a chance to win. So if you’re ready to talk Football and comparison...lets get it on, but if you want to do the trash talk thing…well……..we can do that too. :)

Defense will be the key to victory in this game. Can the Vikings stop the big play again this week…and can the Indians slow down the ground attack that no one has had success in doing but all have (supposedly) prepared for. Science Hill put 10 in the box to slow the Vikings down…will the 5A Indians try to go heads up and rely on their strength and size?

CAp...is TNHigh better than last year? Are they 40+ points better than last year? The game last year in kingsport was never in doubt and this Tribe team is alot better. You're joking that Science Hill has more weapons right? Granted they always have some athletes but more weapons?

Strength and size?! What are you on...ok NO!!....Marchez stands at a massive height of like 5'8"? and Sylvester is skinny and def. needs to put weight on....Thrope one of our better WR. is very small....this team doesnt have size HAVE YOU WATCHED DB PLAY!?! ok anyway I will forgive the ignorance but we will see....I remeber lots of teams sayign these same things countless times....why do people trash talk and then get that tater thumped on game night AHH!? anyway game over DB quick and easy :)

Edited by Contender

science hill put 10 in the box and couldnt stop tennessee highs running game? If this is true than science hills defense must be weak... and the vikings qb is dumb for not checking to a pass play when apparently the toppers had 1 defensive back...

Im not disrespecting either team... Im just saying that comment is a little strange

DB's linebackers are very tough and fast... id say theyll do a good job of stopping the run game between the tackles and unless tennessee high has blazing speed in the backfield then theyll have an even tougher time trying to break it outside...

Ive been predicting close games all season except for bearden (the only close game theyve had)... so I learned my lesson and will continue to predict close games... and this one will be close

CAp...is TNHigh better than last year? Are they 40+ points better than last year? The game last year in kingsport was never in doubt and this Tribe team is alot better. You're joking that Science Hill has more weapons right? Granted they always have some athletes but more weapons?

The team that the Indians played last year was a crippled team in my opinion. Not so much in personnel but mentally. They were not ready to face an opponent of the caliber of DB. And if you are basing your opinion on the outcome of this game on last years game you will be sorely surprised. This year these guys play as five fingers on a hand. When you ball those fingers up…what does that make!!! NO one individual stands out on this team. And about this Tribe team being “much better than last years” you guys say that ALL THE TIME about every sport in your school until they get beat. Give me a break…if your teams improve every year as you say they do…they would have been playing yesterday instead of on Friday. And I was very serious about the comparison of weapons with Science Hill. I don’t want to take off the gloves to soon but in my opinion, Sylvester is the only standout on that team offensively. I haven’t really been impressed with anybody else so fare this year. Throp and Sensabaugh will be heard pressed to get those jump balls in this game that Burton has been throwing to them against your other opponents.

Strength and size?! What are you on...ok NO!!....Marchez stands at a massive height of like 5'8"? and Sylvester is skinny and def. needs to put weight on....Thrope one of our better WR. is very small....this team doesnt have size HAVE YOU WATCHED DB PLAY!?! ok anyway I will forgive the ignorance but we will see....I remeber lots of teams sayign these same things countless times....why do people trash talk and then get that tater thumped on game night AHH!? anyway game over DB quick and easy <_<

I was talking about how they were going to stop the Viking running attach. That would include the D line and linebacker crew which ALL weigh in at over 200 lbs.

By the way…I think WacoJac was calling you in an earlier post!! ;):thumb::thumb:

Last year was most definetly a rebuilding year for DB and anyone that has watched any DB games both this year and last can tell you that. First game last year starting QB outf or season next one staeps up plays some games and gets hurt goes out but is back in time to play the next week still a bit injured. We had no real speed in the backfield just a juggernaut FB...this year we are much better then we were...granted TH is improved also...and Sylvester only stand out on off.? Sylvester has had ONE 100 yard game and that was just last week!? Sensabugh is a stand out Thrope is a stand out and Marchez picks up the yards up the middle...they are using sylvester sparingly to get some speed outside...Burton does have work to do....but no worries firday...and our Def. Are you even counting the Defense? One of the best LB corps in the state plenty of All-State LB's...to many weapons on BOTH sides of the ball for most teams in Tennessee...that including TH

Roll Tribe Roll

The team that the Indians played last year was a crippled team in my opinion. Not so much in personnel but mentally. They were not ready to face an opponent of the caliber of DB. And if you are basing your opinion on the outcome of this game on last years game you will be sorely surprised. This year these guys play as five fingers on a hand. When you ball those fingers up…what does that make!!! NO one individual stands out on this team. And about this Tribe team being “much better than last years” you guys say that ALL THE TIME about every sport in your school until they get beat. Give me a break…if your teams improve every year as you say they do…they would have been playing yesterday instead of on Friday. And I was very serious about the comparison of weapons with Science Hill. I don’t want to take off the gloves to soon but in my opinion, Sylvester is the only standout on that team offensively. I haven’t really been impressed with anybody else so fare this year. Throp and Sensabaugh will be heard pressed to get those jump balls in this game that Burton has been throwing to them against your other opponents.

What kind of crack are they sellin in Bristol?! <_<

Anyone would tell you the DB team from last year was not one of the stronger teams the Tribe has had in a few years and they still clobbered the Vikes (Johnson in particular).

I'm not saying DB will win easily because I respect the Vikes and hope they win the MLC.

And what a game it should be. Of course, I've had the pleasure of seeing my kid go against both. Neither team is trully big up front but both are strong and fast in that area. I dunno..........still when you wash out all of the 'I've got this and you've got that' stuff, DB has to be a favorite, but not by much. As always, it should be a good game if TN High controls the BIG plays from DB. TN High is more of a ball control team.

Whew.........maybe I best stay back and keep and eye on this thread for awhile. <_<

MLC..........Mountain Lakes Conference 4A