DB VS Tenn High

Contender

Cap.. go back and look again.. I asked 2 times about the Vikings offensive style and how the QB is doing and who were his targets.. I would love to dicsuss the strength's and challanges each team has.

DB is lead by the DEFENSE... led by the Line Backers. Pappas, Thompson, Burnette and Marsh are as good a group of LB's who may ever find on a HS Team. Thompson may not play this week as he took a helmet to helmet shot in the Jeff Co. game and he wobbled off the field. I hope he is ok.

The DB D-Backs.. critized in scrimmages and after the Betsy game, have really turned it on. Sensabaugh, Throp, Lawson, Ring and Hogg are playing great Football. #15 Robert Hogg has really improved game by game and now he is a defensive weapon.

Let's talk some football

I was at the Betsy game and the secondary did get off to a slackers start...but even as I sat in the stands I could tell that it was just first game jitter and nothing to be concerned with.

The Viking O game plan is no secret…hit you in the mouth with the run until you stop it. As fare as targets…I don’t think any single WR or RB has caught over three passes from Thomas. He just simple gets it to the open man. It sounds like your falling into that same trap Science Hill did. I would look at the stats on that game before you jump to conclusions.

We have NO standouts…everybody just does their part and it’s worked so far! I do have to say that our O line must be tenacious because they get-r-done night after night. I really can’t remember our QB ever getting sacked this year! But the strength of this team is Defense!! They have had to face two explosive offenses… Elizabethton and Preston Smith with their passing game they showcased in their game with you guys....and Science Hill and Solomon Duannah, easily the most promising RB (and a sophomore) this side of Nashville. They were able to set a game plan and execute that game plan to a tee in both games. I also had questions about our secondary this year but they have stepped up to the plate so fare with back to back WCYB Hits of the Week…one by each cornerback. If I were giving the scouting report I would say…STOP THE RUN!!! You already knew that…but so has everybody else.

Where does Coach Clark get his O plays? The one he used to score on Elizabethton were Burton ran a naked option while the WR just stood in the flats until the ball was pitched to him for the score!!! Unbelievable!!!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was one first and goal possesion that ended with and 3 yard loss on forth down. Two redzone opportunities with one ending with an fumble on the 11 and the other on downs from the 12. And let's be fair it was the Toppers and the playcalling was not all that good.

topvol, stack it up any way you want. Three consecutive posessions the Toppers were within ten yards of the endzone and three consecutive times they didn't get it in.

You can blame a dropped td pass in the endzone. You can blame Bowles for not going for a field goal when he had plenty of time to get the ball back for another posession. Bottom line, they didn't score when they had the opportunities and the biggest reason was the VIKING D!

Besides, what are you doing hanging out at this thread anyway? Don't you guys have your home opener to look forward to? Good luck against the Chiefs. I hope you get back into the win column.

Well Cap not to argue with you...but I dont think Elizabethon would be considered an "Explosive offence" and if you think they are then my firend you may be in for a very very very very very rude awakeneing. As DB has showed time and time again. No matter what kinf of Def. they run whether it is the 3-3-5 or some other odd looking Def. they are more then capable of shuting down the run....i.e. Jeff County number RB in the Big East Conf. and the total off. yards was 85 for the ENTIRE game.

Roll Tribe Roll

What I don't understand is how no one has said anything about the job Stubbs has done at THS. When he took over the program in 2001, their last conference championship dated all the way back to 1972! Needless to say, taking over a not so good program. Since then, the Vikings have won Conference titles in 2001,2002,Co-Champs in 2003,& 2004. Creating a high school football program that is up their with the best in the state (Maryville,D-B,Mo West,Knox Central,Alcoa,etc.).Playing in the castle, where games of such magnitude as the 2004 MLC Championship game against a 9-0 East team, always bring the best out in the Vikings. I have watched this team very closely, and I know how badly they won't this game. So you biased D-B fans can talk all the nonsense you want about walking all over this Viking team, but all I'm gonna say is don't expect anything similar to last year's results, becasue this Viking team would manhandle last year's, unexperienced, unlead, & disfunctional team Viking team. The offensive line that controls the game, Will Win this football game.Can't wait to see what happens, best of luck to both teams. It's gonna be a wild atmosphere. D-B fans, I can understand why you don't respect the Vikings, you have no reason to after the ugly game last yr, but i think the guys of Bristol have something to prove.

I believe your opinion is biased as well wouldn't you say? That's fine because that is how it should be when you pull for a team.

As far as not respecting the Viking program...where did you get that from? There is total respect for the kids and the job Stubbs has done. Just because a team feels they should win every time out, that is not lack of respect. Not many programs would last long if they thought they would lose every night :thumb:

Edited by maroonandgray

Besides, what are you doing hanging out at this thread anyway? Don't you guys have your home opener to look forward to? Good luck against the Chiefs. I hope you get back into the win column

No one from Cherokee will talk about the game with me and none of the Science Hill people will give me any feedback on what's going on in the program, I'm an man without an nation right now. I hope that the kids get back in the win column because they are very fragile right now with an improved Bearden team coming to town next week.

No one from Cherokee will talk about the game with me and none of the Science Hill people will give me any feedback on what's going on in the program, I'm an man without an nation right now. I hope that the kids get back in the win column because they are very fragile right now with an improved Bearden team coming to town next week.

topvol....what IS the problem with the Topper program? There seems to be no fire and that is a shame because they have had some teams in the last few years with too much talent to not perform better on the field.

topvol....what IS the problem with the Topper program? There seems to be no fire and that is a shame because they have had some teams in the last few years with too much talent to not perform better on the field.

Science Hill has the machinery, but they don't have the mechanics.

Edited by THSVikings2004

This is the "Game of The Year" for Tennessee High. If they beat DB it will make their season. Same as it was with South, except the Vikings are a much better team than South. Neither has a Chinnamans chance of beating Maryville, Mo. West, or Knox Central. So they know this is the game that makes or breaks them.

Hey, will the South Cheerleaders be on the Vikings side line for this game????

I'm not sure if this is the right place to get into it but the coaching situation leaves alot to be desired. They treat the kids with no respect and show a great deal of favoritism to the "stars" in their dealings with them. It's an very fragile situation with the kids because they don't feel like they ask their coaches what is expected of them without being labeled selfish. I've never seen anything like it.

First of all, whoever said that CLOWN from Science Hill being the most promising running back or player or whatever you said, I've got one that will walk all over him anyday in JUSTIN SYLVESTER. If you don't believe me, just watch this week...

Whoa there, no since of doing the name calling of kids. Someone just merely stated there opnion, if you don't agree wtih it say so, no need to call kids names.

First of all, whoever said that CLOWN from Science Hill being the most promising running back or player or whatever you said, I've got one that will walk all over him anyday in JUSTIN SYLVESTER. If you don't believe me, just watch this week...

Believe me I’m a Justin Sylvester fan. I’ve admired his talent and ability from 12 years old to this point. Mostly in basketball…but in the last three years football. He is and exceptional talent…but when you see this kid Solomon run the ball you know HE IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!! His talent goes wayyyy deeper then just athletic ability…his field vision, his ability to change direction in one step, the way he follows blockers, all the way down to the way he ends a run. But don’t take my word for it…you will have your chance to see for yourself! By the way……did you just call me a clown!!!!!! :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

This is the "Game of The Year" for Tennessee High. If they beat DB it will make their season. Same as it was with South, except the Vikings are a much better team than South. Neither has a Chinnamans chance of beating Maryville, Mo. West, or Knox Central. So they know this is the game that makes or breaks them.

Hey, will the South Cheerleaders be on the Vikings side line for this game????

What you better wish for is that Mayville never takes the leap up to 5A, or you can kiss that yearly honorary #1 ranking goodbye! And as fare as Mo West is concerned…we will see!!! Knox Central never makes it far enough to play us. You keep forgetting what I said before...no doubt this would be a nice trophy to put on the mantel...but seriously...YOU”RE JUST DB TO US. They always rank you guys up high in the rankings out of respect. I think you were ranked #1 last year at one point. It's easy to talk trash to us here in N.E.T. but will we ever really see you be #1!!!! Why don't you (for once) live up to expectation?!! Talk is cheep…and obviously so are rankings.

Sorry Art but he started it. :thumb: