DB VS Tenn High

Contender

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham Clark has been into his bag of tricks this season.. I wonder what he will call for the Vikings? Double pass, Half Back pass, Double Reverse, Hook and Lateral. The one play that is funny to watch the opposing Defense is when Bo Burton drops back and dumps a little screen pass to #19 Andrew Pappas. What's funny is seeing any close defender fall down or run the other way instead of trying to take on #19 with a head of steam behind him.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

It gets brought up because anytime DB beats a team people think will give them a game in this area, DB fans rub it in and remind everyone about how they have more wins than any school in the state and how great a tradition they have. Well if your school is around 100 years and no other school in this area is even close to being that old then of course you are going to have a lot of tradition and more wins.

Don't get me wrong, this DB team is nasty. They can score on you every which way on offense and the defense is awesome. And they have a great shot at winning the state this year. But championships are what defines great teams. With the type of talent, student enrollment and fan and booster support DB should have some states titles. Its a fair question.

That being said DB probably wins this game easily. Nobody in this area can match up with them athlete for athlete. DB can find a weakness in a team whereas they don't have many.

Ok.......Forget about the 100 years DB has been around. We'll talk about the last 20 years, or 10, or 5, your choice. Who has the most wins in upper east tn. ? And the reason DB fans bring up the wins thing is because every game we play against a local team (both before and after the game) it is rubbed in our face about not winning a state championship. The truth is, we would much rather win a lot of games and no state championship than to be like the other teams in this area. So your argument is a little silly don't you think.

By this statement I mean no offense to ravenwood... because I dont know much about them... but this is an example to prove my point. Last year ravenwood won the 5A state championship... this year? They are winless... I think Id rather not have won the championship last year and continue winning this season...

Why don't D-B give back the 3 or 4 starters they have every year from bloomingdale, and then see how great they are!!!!! LOL haha

It would be hard to give back something you did not take in the first place. If there are students at DB from the Bloomingdale area they came because they wanted to. That is a Sullivan North problem, not a DB problem. I will have to say though that the North fans were much more civil when we played them than any other school in the area.

... How about the Vikings return/specialty teams??? Who returns kicks and punts? Field position will be very important to THS. The only chance the Vikings have of staying in this game is to win the field position battle in the first half and keep the game close. If DB does not turn the ball over, then THS will have to decide to be content with a 24-7 loss; or try to open it up(big mistake) and gamble some on offense. The game would get away from them at that point and end up around 38-10.... My prediction is that THS will play hard but by the end of the third quarter realize the biggest game of the year is South next week....

DB 38 THS 10

Ok.......Forget about the 100 years DB has been around. We'll talk about the last 20 years, or 10, or 5, your choice. Who has the most wins in upper east tn. ?

Actually, in east TN since 1999, Cloudland, D-B, and Maryville have identical regular-season won-loss records of 63-7.

FYI ..... other teams of note during the same time frame:

4th - Oak Ridge 60-10

5th - Morristown West 59-11

6th - Knox Central 58-12

7th - Austin-East 56-13

8th - TN High 56-14

9th - Seymour 55-15

10th - Fulton 53-17

With the type of talent, student enrollment and fan and booster support DB should have some states titles. Its a fair question.

OK let's take your argument down point by point. Because the county schools always bring up enrollment and money.

Talent...doesn't Central have an all world lineman that is being looked at by major universities? Has that alone translated into Ws?

Student enrollment...here we go again with that whole # of kids = # of wins. DB competes against several schools with alot more students, but you still can only put 11 guys on the field at any time. Jeff county has the largest enrollment in the Big East, but that doesn't equate to success. You guys have about the same # of students as Maryville and MoWest, why can't you beat them? How come all you 4A schools can beat up on the lesser teams in the playoffs but ALWAYS get put out by MoWest or Maryville? That is a fair question. Come on, Alcoa has only around 400 students and they would smoke the 4A teams around here and gave Maryville a pretty good game earlier. Out of 400 kids they seem to be able to find 22 guys to play and play well....maybe there is something to this coaching thing?

Fan and booster support...Yes there is alot of community support for the Tribe sports programs. But so is there in other communities. I have seen you and your posse bring up the fact that Pal Barger donated money to the DB fieldhouse! Well he is a DB grad and can spend his money where he likes. I pay county taxes to support those schools and I'm proud to do it. By the way, there are several nice, new facilities at South that were paid for by private people close to the program...you don't seem to have any issues with those same people not contributing to the Cougar program. But in the end, it doesn't matter what type of fans and booster you have, you still have to win on the field.

Now that you have been set straight for the umpteenth time, it's time for you to jump on the Central/Volunteer board and stir your team to a victory! At least 1! :)

Actually, in east TN since 1999, Cloudland, D-B, and Maryville have identical regular-season won-loss records of 63-7.

FYI ..... other teams of note during the same time frame:

4th - Oak Ridge 60-10

5th - Morristown West 59-11

6th - Knox Central 58-12

7th - Austin-East 56-13

8th - TN High 56-14

9th - Seymour 55-15

10th - Fulton 53-17

Sorry to put you to all that trouble randy, but thanks for proving my point. Even though only 3 of the 10 schools you mentioned are in upper east tn.