DB VS Tenn High

Contender

Ok children, I see the trash talkers are already out.

I've seen both teams. I think it should be closer than last year, but Tennessee will have to play a perfect game to win. They'll have to execute and control themselves emotionally. No personal fouls!!

As for the crowd, it probably won't be bigger than the East vs. TN High game of '04. If it is then they probably won't be getting inside.

Regardless of the outcome, I've seen nothing that indicates that any other team in the Mountain Lakes will win conference.

I agree about the MLC title. I've seen South play twice and they have nothing past #10. Greeneville got worn out by Boone and it took South a last stand to hang on. While I haven't seen TNHigh play yet, from what I've seen and read, they have more weapons than South. The only concern I would see is that the South game comes after a game against DB and I know last year they got beat up a little. But the Vikes still seem like the team to beat in the MLC.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S.S.D.D each week it is the same thing. DB isnt good they are lucky....teams give them the turnovers...teams get penalties call on them....DB is going to overloook us this year...this year I think it is completely diffrent and if I am wrong I will admittedly eat crow but I think DB has one of the best teams they have had in a while...and it's only going to get better...DB has a extremely strong Sophmore class in right now one of which Justin Sylvester....anyway not to get off track but DB does sometiems looks over teams they did that already....

Roll Tribe Roll

And South... well for now all we care about is seeing Throp get the crap beat out of him.... HE tarnishes everything good DB does embody!!!! ... DB is the best team in the state below maryville ......

DB by 35 or more Mr Barnes And Mr Sylvester run for more than 300 together....

Wow, seems a little early in the week for ALL of this smack being talked. But whether it is Monday or any other day that ends in "y" there is no sense in talking THIS kind of trash. Let's remember something here...These are KIDS we are talking about. Someone's son, brother, grandson, and newphew. These are kids who enjoy playing a game at it's purest form. They are not paid. They play for the love of the game.

I don't know young Mr. Throp personally, but I know his dad and he's a good man that wouldn't talk about any kid this way. I've seen Josef play on the hardwood and on the gridiron. I respect his game and the way he plays which is hard and with a lot of hustle. Iv'e never seen him conduct himself during a game in a way that would embarass himself, his family, or his school.

If you have something against a kid because he beats you, do us all a favor and keep it to yourself. I don't care who you root for just remember you are rooting for kids and would you want someone to say the same thing about a kid close to you?

I look forward to the game and watching both of these teams settling it on the field.

THS plays in a made-up 4A region. (Three of the teams are actually 3A playing up). THS beat one of those soundly on friday night. DB isn't Erwin.

The Vikes will not score on DB until the DB subs are on the field.

There you go 03...it's just like you to jump on the wagon sense you have no team! I guess it will be DB for awhile this year...that is untill they loose in the first or second round of the playoffs (as usual). Then I guess you will jump on old faithfull (Maryville)!! :):):)

Yeah, we know db is the best. They win all their games. No one has a chance of keeping it close. Everybody hates them and the refs allways call against them. Tennessee High may as well cancel the game and save themselves the humilitaion of playing against the best team ever in east TN. What have I forgot?

There you go 03...it's just like you to jump on the wagon sense you have no team! I guess it will be DB for awhile this year...that is untill they loose in the first or second round of the playoffs (as usual). Then I guess you will jump on old faithfull (Maryville)!! :):):)

I guess Maryville is old faithful here in region 3 land. As for DB, No fan of them. I can't think of a better team to bet will lose in the playoffs. But this year they win it all. But hey, you guys are going 9-1 this year.

Do you guys really think this is going to be an easy win for DB????! Now I know that it was just Unicoi…but do you realize that they hit the locker room with almost negative offensive yards at halftime, and only 42 total yards on the night. Stubs put in subs about 4 minutes into the second quarter…and our true JV team played all but maybe the first possession of the second half. It was 14 to nothing with barely 2 minutes played in the game and 28 to 0 by the end of the first quarter. And before you have some cheap comment about how that was just Unicoi or they should be 3A…it was 34 to 0 by halftime of the THS vs Elizabethton game! The Viking Defense stopped Science Hill (which by the way has more weapons and athleticism than we will see this week) 3 consecutive times after starting drives in the red zone!!

So if this ridiculous chanting that SOME of the DB hopefuls are taking part in is intended to convince yourself that you are THAT MUCH better than the Vikings…then by all means help yourself. But if intended as intimidation you can save it...5A…6A…your still just DB to us! And anytime we compete against you in anything we know and expect to have a chance to win. So if you’re ready to talk Football and comparison...lets get it on, but if you want to do the trash talk thing…well……..we can do that too. :)

Defense will be the key to victory in this game. Can the Vikings stop the big play again this week…and can the Indians slow down the ground attack that no one has had success in doing but all have (supposedly) prepared for. Science Hill put 10 in the box to slow the Vikings down…will the 5A Indians try to go heads up and rely on their strength and size?