DB VS Tenn High

Contender

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means something yeah, but the way I say it tha it means nuthin as far as standing wise. Fumbling is caused in all ways, but its mental. As everybody says football is 90% mental. If D-B doesnt like playin 4A, dont play em. Play ur 6 conf games n Oak Ridge. Everybody should respect their opponent, regardless of classification. D-B is a great team n so is TN High. I like wut Coach Clark said on WCYB. QB is 1 tough cookie. 2 QBs are tough cookies.

Whoever said football is 90% mental probably did not play a lot of football.

Someone said in a different thread that if there is a tie in a region, the overall record is used as a tie-breaker. If that is true, then every game does count. I'm sure if D-B did not have to go to Knoxville or further west they would play a tougher non-region schedule. All 3 of the 4A schools they play went to the playoffs last year. Oak Ridge is there other non-region game. I would love to see D-B and Maryville play though. Especially if D-B had an open enrollment.

Whoever said football is 90% mental probably did not play a lot of football.

Someone said in a different thread that if there is a tie in a region, the overall record is used as a tie-breaker. If that is true, then every game does count. I'm sure if D-B did not have to go to Knoxville or further west they would play a tougher non-region schedule. All 3 of the 4A schools they play went to the playoffs last year. Oak Ridge is there other non-region game. I would love to see D-B and Maryville play though. Especially if D-B had an open enrollment.

Well if a tiebreaker occured, I guess D-B wont get it, because they had no fire 2nite everything just fit in their play. Theyre a good team by far, n honestly if they dont win state ill be shocked. But I lost respect when they really dint give no effort. They were 10 x's better than TN High from A-Z, they just took the game lightly. Wheher, ur playin Hoover, AL (Two-A-Days) or TN School for Deaf. respect opponents, thas y they keep score.

I guess tha means a lot of football coaches had no playing experience growin up. Cuz a # of coaches preach tha 2 their teams. Football is a mental game. Yes, talent will have a HUGE factor, but its team tha is mentally prepared wins.

I think the Vikes pick up the win ova South next wk.

As I said, Defense will be the key to victory in this game…and I wasn’t disappointed! Two quality defenses ruled the field tonight. If it weren’t for that dag-gone Throp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again he proves worthy of ALL the talk. If there was a competitor on the field that could match Joseph (lion heart) Throp it would have to be Danny (superman) Thomas the THS QB. These two put on a show for us tonight!!! /quote]

The best thing THS did tonight was winning the coin toss... This and a penalty on DB's first drive enabled the Vikings to control the ball in the first quarter. But they got no points... After that, DB took control in the 2nd quarter with Mikey Alley's field goals & booming kickoffs that kept them pinned up. The 44 yard field goal at the end of the half made the score: Mikey 7, DB 6, THS 0

I predicted 38 - 10 if THS tried to open it up to stay with the Indians. They tried and the game got away from them. The Vikings are too one demensional. The desire and effort were there, but in the end it was not enough. Good Luck next week against the Rebels.... Make us all Proud... Kick South out of the Castle!!

Umm in case that was a shot at Coach Clark, I guess I will be the one to tell you that he had a football scholarship to the University of Tennessee before tearing ligaments in his knee ruining his chances and ended up attending Emory and Henry. Coach Clark had more talent than you ever did, and has forgotten more about football than anyone on this board has ever known. Try again!

Umm in case that was a shot at Coach Clark, I guess I will be the one to tell you that he had a football scholarship to the University of Tennessee before tearing ligaments in his knee ruining his chances and ended up attending Emory and Henry. Coach Clark had more talent than you ever did, and has forgotten more about football than anyone on this board has ever known. Try again!

Wuts ur point?

Hmm TN n Emory and Henry, sumbody is stretchin the truth.

OK I think I would know. Coach Clark was an offensive lineman in high school, was offered a full scholarship to the University of Tennessee. He then tore ligaments in his knee ruining his chances of being great and TN took the offer away. He went on to start for Emory and Henry. DO NOT question me on this. Leave now because you just made yourself look like an idiot and got told...

Well if a tiebreaker occured, I guess D-B wont get it, because they had no fire 2nite everything just fit in their play. Theyre a good team by far, n honestly if they dont win state ill be shocked. But I lost respect when they really dint give no effort. They were 10 x's better than TN High from A-Z, they just took the game lightly. Wheher, ur playin Hoover, AL (Two-A-Days) or TN School for Deaf. respect opponents, thas y they keep score.

I guess tha means a lot of football coaches had no playing experience growin up. Cuz a # of coaches preach tha 2 their teams. Football is a mental game. Yes, talent will have a HUGE factor, but its team tha is mentally prepared wins.

Your comment about a tie breaker makes absolutely no sense. Do you get drunk every night? Your posts during the day are pretty normal, but come night time what you say and how you type are almost incoherrent.

Whoaaaaaaaa...... You talk about respect... You are disrespecting the effort THS gave at the start of the game... They had field position and took it right to DB in the first quarter. DB was not flat, not looking ahead(off week)... DB respected THS. In the end, they made mistakes and DB has too many weapons... Games can and do get away from you... DB gave great effort... Made adjustments and took advantage of turnovers... If DB did not put in any Effort... Then the Score would not have been 41-7

I dunno wut ur problem is but I havent said a neg thing bout Coach Clark nor bout D-B. I said sum things bout 2night's but its just my clear opinion. I make bad thoughts on my teams. I think Clark is 1st class. Hes just goofy, in a funny way. I really hope D-B n TN High represents this area well in the playoffs. Both teams have the best programs. I just dunno y Clark went from TN 2 Emory n Henry. If he did thas fine, thas his business. He can choose wut he wants 2 do. He deserves a state title more than the team does.