Alcoa vs. McCallie

alcoaftbl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this win help Alcoa to the #1 spot in 2A over Goodypasture?

Well, lets see, Alcoa is 3-2, loses to Maryville (probably best team in state), Fulton (one of the tops in 3a, and probable state contender, they beat Tyner 22-7). So the teams they lost too were good, and the combined score of losses was only 6 points, could have been 7 more, but Quarles is a gentleman and didn't go for the score when the game was won, and Fulton won on the big play and poor tackling. Alcoas wins have come against CAK, which was no surprise they were whipped, then Loudon who was 3rd in 2A got roughed up and shredded, and now a victory over a DII power house that beat riverdale and Brentwood Academy. If this does not get them past Goodpasture then I doubt the remaining blowouts will. Who is left now before the playoffs, Rockwood, Oliver Springs, Sweetwater, Booker T, Wartburg, other than Booker T, the rest will be ugly, and maybe even them, but they may be alright.

Edited by mcwrestler

Congratulations Alcoa! We wore the cell phone out getting updates but it was well worth it. My AHS graduate nephew called me with the great news. And yes it should take heat off Rankin, although he never deserved any IMO. Killer early schedule and two three point losses. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Congratulations Alcoa! We wore the cell phone out getting updates but it was well worth it. My AHS graduate nephew called me with the great news. And yes it should take heat off Rankin, although he never deserved any IMO. Killer early schedule and two three point losses. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Ditto...nice post mhs

Alcoa as a team and Rankin as a coach both deserved this game, the calls on offense and defense were great, the play at the end to get the win, the Sommers to Shiverdecker latteral was great and well executed, and I am glad Guzzo hit his field goal that ended up being the margin of victory, I will be without a voice tommorow. Alcoa is getting better by the game, and I feel sorry for the rest of region 2-2A. The players are getting the job done, and this should take some heat of Rankin.

There shouldn't have been heat on Rankin in the first place-he and the team just needed to gel. This is Rankin's team and if people would just leave him alone and trust him, he's going to bring alot of gold balls back to Alcoa and he's going to shake up some things in Blount County as well. Trust!!!

There shouldn't have been heat on Rankin in the first place-he and the team just needed to gel. This is Rankin's team and if people would just leave him alone and trust him, he's going to bring alot of gold balls back to Alcoa and he's going to shake up some things in Blount County as well. Trust!!!

Amen. These boys are getting better every week.

COngrats to Alcoa...Heat on Rankin? HAHA wow just shows what we expect at Alcoa...We just cannot accept a 3 loss season anymore. Man we are spoiled now! Dalton, Ironside, Reid, Meadows...man you lose 2 games in 2 or more years we will run ya straight outta the place. Rankin better watch his back (Just kidding) Good Job 'Naders!

Great game!! I loved the defensive play on both sides of the ball. Alcoa hung in there and kept their heads up. They should be #1 in 2A simply no one in 2A has beat them since 2003 (but that's another story I guess). Shiverdecker had a very solid game. McCallie beat Riverdale and Brentwood Academy......Alcoa fans enjoy this win and be proud of what the Big A is becoming.