Camden vs Richland

Lions4ever

Well besides the terrible math I have an interesting stat for Richland. Camden has less than 50 points scored on their defense through 5 games. Wow, that is an impressive stat. With the running attack carrying too much of the load on offense the only hope for the Raiders in this week's game is to establish a sound passing game. That will only give you a chance. Good luck to both teams and I will give a prediction.

Camden 38

Richland 24

That is if the Richland team can keep their heads and play through adversity. Could be a blow out, but also, could be a little closer.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well besides the terrible math I have an interesting stat for Richland. Camden has less than 50 points scored on their defense through 5 games. Wow, that is an impressive stat. With the running attack carrying too much of the load on offense the only hope for the Raiders in this week's game is to establish a sound passing game. That will only give you a chance. Good luck to both teams and I will give a prediction.

Camden 38

Richland 24

That is if the Richland team can keep their heads and play through adversity. Could be a blow out, but also, could be a little closer.

Camden's defense has had 21 points total scored on them this season ... of that only 13 was scored on the first team and that was by powerhouses Westview and Huntingdon. Camden's D is for real...and if Huntingdon and Westview couldn't get the job done, I don't see Richland being able top what those two teams did.

Edited by Lions4ever

Camden's defense has had 21 points total scored on them this season ... of that only 13 was scored on the first team and that was by powerhouses Westview and Huntingdon. Camden's D is for real...and if Huntingdon and Westview couldn't get the job done, I don't see Richland being able top what those two teams did.

No disrespect, but neither Westview nor Huntingdon have been lighting up the scoreboard this year. With the one exception of the Westview-Union City Game, neither team has been able to break the 30 point mark. Powerhouse football teams should be hitting the 40 mark with relative ease at the 2A level, unless playing an evenly matched team.

Richland is a dangerous team and cannnot be taken lightly. Just look what they did last year in the playoffs. They have a couple of very good players who can single handedly change the game. Plus, they are playing in Lynnville, which always makes the game more interesting.

No disrespect, but neither Westview nor Huntingdon have been lighting up the scoreboard this year. With the one exception of the Westview-Union City Game, neither team has been able to break the 30 point mark. Powerhouse football teams should be hitting the 40 mark with relative ease at the 2A level, unless playing an evenly matched team.

Richland is a dangerous team and cannnot be taken lightly. Just look what they did last year in the playoffs. They have a couple of very good players who can single handedly change the game. Plus, they are playing in Lynnville, which always makes the game more interesting.

So who has Richland played that can compare to Huntingdon or Westview?...Lewis co that handed their butts to them? Both Westview and Huntingdon have played hurt since they played Camden. Westview lost their starting tailback to a broken neck, Chris Donald has been out with a hamstring injury and now Cody Crocker, the Huntingdon QB, is out with a fractured vertebrae in his back, so no I guess they wouldn't score a lot of points would they. They have been winning with defense but both Huntingdon and Westview were at full strength when the Lions played them. Yes, last year Richland was a good team....but you can't say that the team this year compares because it doesn't. Last year's Lions were a good team but this year's team is something special.

The Lions will be ready to head to Lynnville this Friday never fear....let's just hope for their sake the Raiders are ready for us when we get there :)

Go LIONS!

So who has Richland played that can compare to Huntingdon or Westview?...Lewis co that handed their butts to them? Both Westview and Huntingdon have played hurt since they played Camden. Westview lost their starting tailback to a broken neck, Chris Donald has been out with a hamstring injury and now Cody Crocker, the Huntingdon QB, is out with a fractured vertebrae in his back, so no I guess they wouldn't score a lot of points would they. They have been winning with defense but both Huntingdon and Westview were at full strength when the Lions played them. Yes, last year Richland was a good team....but you can't say that the team this year compares because it doesn't. Last year's Lions were a good team but this year's team is something special.

The Lions will be ready to head to Lynnville this Friday never fear....let's just hope for their sake the Raiders are ready for us when we get there :)

Go LIONS!

Huntingdon averages 15 a game. Camden held them to 6.

Westview averages 19.2. Camden held them to 7.

Both of these teams score more than once in all of their games, except against the Lions.

Camden is holding pretty well, and have only given up one score per game. They are allowing 5.2 points per game. That's not bad. Especially when you are scoring 29 per game. And noone has been able to throw on us. At all. Hard to throw when you are running for your life. SC was the only team that really threw at all, and that game was out of hand before it started. They threw a few on our 2nd and freshman teams.

Point is, only allowing one score per game is good defense. No matter who (in your class of course) you are playing. That's saying if the offense can score 10 points, it's a W.

Last time I checked, Huntingdon and Westview were still darn good football teams.

Edited by rcombs

Huntingdon averages 15 a game. Camden held them to 6.

Westview averages 19.2. Camden held them to 7.

Both of these teams score more than once in all of their games, except against the Lions.

Camden is holding pretty well, and have only given up one score per game. They are allowing 5.2 points per game. That's not bad. Especially when you are scoring 29 per game. And noone has been able to throw on us. At all. Hard to throw when you are running for your life. SC was the only team that really threw at all, and that game was out of hand before it started. They threw a few on our 2nd and freshman teams.

Point is, only allowing one score per game is good defense. No matter who (in your class of course) you are playing. That's saying if the offense can score 10 points, it's a W.

Last time I checked, Huntingdon and Westview were still darn good football teams.

Great Post :lol:

Giving up 13 total points to Huntingdon and Westview is a tribute to an outstanding defense! Surely that wasn't some off handed comparison of Richland to those two programs?

Camden is prety much mirroring Lewis County week to week in the region. I don't think Richland could score over once against the Lions and they will have a difficult time keeping Camden under 38.

Giving up 13 total points to Huntingdon and Westview is a tribute to an outstanding defense! Surely that wasn't some off handed comparison of Richland to those two programs?

Camden is prety much mirroring Lewis County week to week in the region. I don't think Richland could score over once against the Lions and they will have a difficult time keeping Camden under 38.

Wow, Don! Putting in a late night! No, my above post was more in response to 926.

I would have to agree. It's just too bad Camden dropeed that heartbreaker to Westview. Sure woulda been nice to head into Week 10 9-0 and Lewis Co. the same.

Edited by rcombs