Henry county - Liberty

the prophet

What a slow day on here! Where is the Yanker at to liven things up a bit?!?!? :thumb:

Only thing moving is the clock because this post is quiet. Nobody from Jackson or HC are talking.

It has given me time to catchup on the General Football posts. Some good ones.

Liked the ones about whether it is legal for Noise Makers and/or bands to play during snaps. The band situation about playing is interesting.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing moving is the clock because this post is quiet. Nobody from Jackson or HC are talking.

Liked the ones about whether it is legal for Noise Makers and/or bands to play during snaps. The band situation about playing is interesting.

I know, I started the band post because I just wanted to know if it is still a rule and I get yelled at and called a baby. I really thought that by now that post would be buried on page 2 or 3, but it keeps coming up.

Yes but we have a freshman school... The kids over there play for Grove High and one or two may get a shot... So really HCHS does not have 1338.

JCM has a freshman team...(at least they normally do) but I can tell you this, it really doesn`t matter as far as freshman are concerned because they aren`t gonna play at the varsity level in the ninth grade anyways. It`s rare that a 4A or 5A team plays a freshman any significant time. The point still is that in grades 9-12 HC has a little over 500 more kids than JCM. It will be very interesting to see what the School Board does or doesn`t do. Didn`t mean to get off topic.

Is this not perfect football weather?!! :ph34r:

Nothing about food. Jackson Sun article. They opened where Applebees used to be. Locally owned (same owner as Gunther Toodys). Live jazz and blues music. Beef, chicken, fish, pasta,etc. Ribs and Blues and a cold beverage my version of a out of town tailgate meal! Gets me ready to watch the game. The manager ran the Blues City Cafe on Beale Street for 15 years. I plan to go, if not Friday then next trip to Jackson.

Maybe Yanker will pay the tab!!

I heard Redbones was a great place to eat, but kinda expensive. It may not be the thing to do on a Friday night if you don't leave yourself enough time...sometimes its hard to get out of a restaurant thats just opened on time. So get there early HC fans, enjoy, and leave your tax $$$ in Jackson.

I know, I started the band post because I just wanted to know if it is still a rule and I get yelled at and called a baby. I really thought that by now that post would be buried on page 2 or 3, but it keeps coming up.

Thanks, it was interesting. I am curious to see how the rest of our away games go as far as the noise making devises. HC brings a couple.

JCM has a freshman team...(at least they normally do) but I can tell you this, it really doesn`t matter as far as freshman are concerned because they aren`t gonna play at the varsity level in the ninth grade anyways. It`s rare that a 4A or 5A team plays a freshman any significant time. The point still is that in grades 9-12 HC has a little over 500 more kids than JCM. It will be very interesting to see what the School Board does or doesn`t do. Didn`t mean to get off topic.

Is this not perfect football weather?!! :thumb:

Looks like a little rain heading Jackson's way for Friday night. It has been perfect weather for reseeding the fescue in my yard. :thumb:

I heard Redbones was a great place to eat, but kinda expensive. It may not be the thing to do on a Friday night if you don't leave yourself enough time...sometimes its hard to get out of a restaurant thats just opened on time. So get there early HC fans, enjoy, and leave your tax $$$ in Jackson.

I heard that it might be pricey. On a Friday or Saturday night most of your places are very busy. Probably end up at Snappy Tomato Buffet. I owe a dinner debt to another couple so I may have to pay that off at Redbones some other time.

Over the years my wife has contributed to the tax base more than I care to think about! :thumb:

GO PATS!!!

Thursday morning! We are one day away from another great night of football. And VG you are right on target with this being great weather. But like wingman said, looks like rain may come into play this time.

Practice was pretty intense yesterday! I think they are ready for some action. This could be a classic, weather affected gridiron battle!!! I can't wait!!!

Roll Red Roll!!!

Wingman, looks like we are the only ones around again today. Maybe more internet outages or something. :lol:

Anything new on the other boards?

Looks that way! I hope CTS has not set in and left people unable type!

I am ready to C the game!

Maybe everyone is saving their keystrokes for this second half run? I have a feeling that postings for HC games will start catching fire again early next week and stay like that for awhile.

Seems like East TN posts are on fire. A couple of big games taking up a lot of pages.

Looks that way! I hope CTS has not set in and left people unable type!

I am ready to C the game!

Maybe everyone is saving their keystrokes for this second half run? I have a feeling that postings for HC games will start catching fire again early next week and stay like that for awhile.

Seems like East TN posts are on fire. A couple of big games taking up a lot of pages.

Nothing like a little humor to livin up a boring Thursday morning. I think you may be correct about something up with the internet, most West Tennessee threads are slow right now. Only footballfan15 seems to be posting on any of them. I think he is from Hillsboro. And I agree, it will catch up next two to three weeks...