Grace vs Whitwell

Farmboy1

Good job Grace football!! Score doesnt show it but you guys showed you can move the football against a defense that hasnt given up much lately.I work with several people from Whitwell that were at the game and they said it was much closer than the score indicated.That freshman and sophmore defense will get better but there has been several teams that didnt have an answer for that big running back Mcgowen.He is a load.Take in to account a touchdown called back and a drop pass for a score and it is even closer. :thumb:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shoulda woulda coulda makes an appearance <_<

I started not to put that in there about those woulda shoulda couldas but all I heard last week was how good that Whitwell defense was. So,if they had those two scores with the 28 official that would have put them in the 40's to go along with 417 yds of offense to Whitwell's 400yds.Not bad for a 2nd year varsity team.

Hey! Whitwell threw one pass and rushed all night with 9 people in the box. and still rushed for over 400 yds enough said. Until you guys get in the weightroom and starting getting physical on the field. I would really keep my post to a minium.

Hey until you tigers get out of 1a with all the 2 year varsity starter programs i wouldnt post at all about how good my defense was. :D

Hey until you tigers get out of 1a with all the 2 year varsity starter programs i wouldnt post at all about how good my defense was. :rolleyes:

Whitwell was up on Grace 27-6 at halftime. I would hardly call it a "close" game.

@Farmboy: Take the scheduling up with the TSSAA. It's not Whitwell's fault. Besides that, Whitwell (Class 1A) has beaten 2 traditionally good Class 2A football programs (Sequatchie Co and Bledsoe Co) and held a Class 3A Grundy Co. to 7 points.

I think that earns them a few bragging rights about their defense.

Hey until you tigers get out of 1a with all the 2 year varsity starter programs i wouldnt post at all about how good my defense was. :thumb:

How many times did Whitwell have to punt? Look Iam not dogging your program I really think you have a good thing going, just don't come on here tooting your own horn. When you were not even at the game. You could have went DII, they put you in our region we did not ask you come into our region. But were glad you did because I see some good battles in the future.

Whitwell was up on Grace 27-6 at halftime. I would hardly call it a "close" game.

@Farmboy: Take the scheduling up with the TSSAA. It's not Whitwell's fault. Besides that, Whitwell (Class 1A) has beaten 2 traditionally good Class 2A football programs (Sequatchie Co and Bledsoe Co) and held a Class 3A Grundy Co. to 7 points.

I think that earns them a few bragging rights about their defense.

When did Bledsoe and Sequatchie become trditionally good football teams? Just because you make the playoffs dosen't qualify them as good teams. When 4 out 5 go to the playoffs it doesn't say much. I know it is not there fault but, being 2-8 and in the playoffs is not good.

Hey! Whitwell threw one pass and rushed all night with 9 people in the box. and still rushed for over 400 yds enough said. Until you guys get in the weightroom and starting getting physical on the field. I would really keep my post to a minium.

Hey! Grace has over 400 yards of offense and moved the ball at will all night. They only punted once and that was due to a mental mistake by Grace. Whitwell's secondary is WEAK at best. Anyone who can throw at all will score on them repeatedly. That's why teams like Bledsoe and Grundy play Whitwell close because they refuse to adjust to what the defense shows them and throw the ball. They try to state their authority by playing boring football and running the ball over and over, even when it isn't there. Temple will score at least 50 on Whitwell because they are horrible in space.

When did Bledsoe and Sequatchie become trditionally good football teams? Just because you make the playoffs dosen't qualify them as good teams. When 4 out 5 go to the playoffs it doesn't say much. I know it is not there fault but, being 2-8 and in the playoffs is not good.

Both have had great runs over the years. They are hardly "2 year starter varsity programs" as was quoted before regarding who Whitwell plays.

Well I guess whitwell may just be jealous of the fact we havent ranked in the AP top 10 in a while. Just jealous of the private school i guess. WAIT......wasnt grace ranked in the top 10 when we drilled them last year on the softball field?

Grace has the potential to be really good in the very near future. I see the games being closer in the future.....depending on who walks through the halls at whitwell because thats who we'll be playing with. Grace looks like with a few more prospects they'll have a fine team soon.