Oneida after 5 games

cornpone

you may be right there sledge but what about some 2a teams today....could oneida beat alcoa or loudon or teams along that line. :thumb: ....we may never know

We may never know? No, we will never know because Oneida is not playing them, they are not a AA school. And, I can answer that question honestly, if Oneida played this year's Alcoa or Loudon team they would get the same fate as the Scott team if they faced Alcoa or Loudon, a butt whipping. Could Scott High have beaten those Alcoa and Sweewater teams of 1993-1996....we may never know..... :thumb:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott High needs to worry about who they play in their region. Not 2a or 1a. Theres not much sense in making a thread about how Scott High or Oneida are doing in football cause sooner or later someone from each school will be talking trash...always.

hey tank25 why don't you go be a partypooper somewhere else

Well I think Oneida is doing allright after 5 games. They have had a few bad breaks so far like against Coalfield. They didn't play to well against Williamsburg. They played allright against Wartburg McCreary Co. and Oakdale but will have to play a whole lot better to beat anyone else left on their schedule or they won't win another game, but i think they have done a pretty descent job in the 1st half of the season but start getting thr ball to lambert if they want to make the playoffs.

We may never know? No, we will never know because Oneida is not playing them, they are not a AA school. And, I can answer that question honestly, if Oneida played this year's Alcoa or Loudon team they would get the same fate as the Scott team if they faced Alcoa or Loudon, a butt whipping. Could Scott High have beaten those Alcoa and Sweewater teams of 1993-1996....we may never know..... :thumb:

if my memory serves me right when scott and oneida played didnt scott win 15 times out of 17 :lol: and i think for 7 straight the injuns didnt even score.so if you are goin to bring up the past there is some numbers for ya. go scott and good luck to oneida

Edited by adidas23

if my memory serves me right when scott and oneida played didnt scott win 15 times out of 17 :D and i think for 7 straight the injuns didnt even score.so if you are goin to bring up the past there is some numbers for ya. go scott and good luck to oneida

I have no idea, that was before my time. A post was made that people would love to see Oneida play AA. I replied that Oneida did play AA. I did not bring up the past other than to say that Oneida played those teams that were mentioned.

I am glad you guys can brag about beating Oneida, that is awesome. Oneida can brag about a state championship, several final fours, and many playoff apperances, but hey, Scott beat Oneida, congrats guys! :thumb: I guess if you guys played Oneida and won you could say you were the best high school team in Scott County, man-o-man, THAT would really be something to hang your hat on. You could brag about that for YEARS AND YEARS.

That is a lot of Scott High's problem, they focus on playing Oneida and relish the fact that they beat Oneida 20yrs ago. They should be focused on the fact that they can not even compete in their region and what do they need to do to fix that problem. Now I can assume that Scott people will begin throwing off on Oneida because they play single A football. Scott High step up to AAAAA football and Oneida will consider moving to AAA football, how's that? That way you guys are 2 classes above where your numbers say you can play, and Oneida will be 2 classes above their numbers. It will be even, but I am sure that after a couple of games Scott High people will be complaining because Oneida isn't in AAAAA ball, and AAA is nothing and their region is weak.

Edited by Sledge

I have no idea, that was before my time. A post was made that people would love to see Oneida play AA. I replied that Oneida did play AA. I did not bring up the past other than to say that Oneida played those teams that were mentioned.

I am glad you guys can brag about beating Oneida, that is awesome. Oneida can brag about a state championship, several final fours, and many playoff apperances, but hey, Scott beat Oneida, congrats guys! :D

That is a lot of Scott High's problem, they focus on playing Oneida and relish the fact that they beat Oneida 20yrs ago. They should be focused on the fact that they can not even compete in their region and what do they need to do to fix that problem. Now I can assume that Scott people will begin throwing off on Oneida because they play single A football. Scott High step up to AAAAA football and Oneida will consider moving to AAA football, how's that? That way you guys are 2 classes above where your numbers say you can play, and Oneida will be 2 classes above their numbers. It will be even, but I am sure that after a couple of games Scott High people will be complaining because Oneida isn't in AAAAA ball, and AAA is nothing and their region is weak.

IF YOU CHECK YOUR NUMBERS YOU`LL PROLLY FIND ONEIDA IS GOING TO AA NEXT COUNT. I THINK THERE THE BIGGEST A SCHOOL. SCOTT IS IN AAA AND IS THE LOWER ENROLLMENT. BOTH SCHOOLS NEED TO WORRY BOUT THERE OWN REGION CAUSE IF EITHER WANT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THEY HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO. BUT IF BOTH WOULD RATHER TALK ABOUT OHS AND SHS GO AHEAD.

BYE THE WAY IF YOU ALL CHOOSE TO DO THAT I`D BET YOU BOTH WILL BE STILL TALKING BOUT IT WHEN THE PLAYOFFS START WITHOUT OHS AND SHS. :D

If Oneida moves up, then they move up. If Scott moves down, then they move down. They should then be in the same region and then they will get to play, all will be right in the world then.

I agree, both teams are on the outside of the playoff window looking in. If they aren't careful they will be left out again.

Well, there are these things, let's see what are they called....... oh yes CLASSIFICATIONS. That is where you take the school enrollment and set the teams accordingly. Oneida is a A school, Scott is AAA. Oneida has Coalfield, Midway and the likes which is exactly why Oneida doesn't have Fulton, AE, and Catholic in their region. If you take Scott High and remove at random 300 kids, taking athletes and non-athletes they would be single A. How would they do in their region without the Terry kid, or any of their other good players? Give Oneida 300 more kids so they can play AAA ball and they will gladly do so.

IF Oneida moves to AA ball, and they probably will they will be in the region with Alcoa, Rockwood, etc. If they move next year I would bet money these same people would be on here downing Oneida for only playing AA ball when Scott High would be lucky to make the playoffs in that region.

Here again, Scott needs to focus on their region, not beating Oneida.

People make it out like Oneida doesn't move up because they cheat or have some power that keeps them in A. Like I said before, Scott High move to AAAAA ball, play Oak Ridge, DB, Sevier County, Riverdale and Oneida will move up and play AE, Catholic, Fulton, etc.