Best Backfield in 1A

FridayMainEvent

I haven't seen a lot of games, but I believe it would be hard to find one better than we have at Cascade. Anyone we've played so far I'm pretty sure will back me up on this since we have two backs averaging over 100 yards a game. Cory Phillips at fullback is a big bruising runner that would just as soon run over someone as go around them, and freshman Matt Henderson is already way beyond his years in talent and sometimes finds holes to run through that a senior wouldn't of seen. Throw in a very mobile QB in Jacob Carkuff and we are a very difficult team to defend. Obviously this is a biased opinion, but I don't think you could get much of an argument from Moore County, Huntland, Forrest, or Nashville Christian.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collinwood has 5 RBs that can "Git-r-done". Dixon, Daniels, Borden, Adams, Franks. QB Martin isn't too shabby, he runs the offense very well.

Green Man,

Where were these Collinwood guys in week 1? Collinwood (git-r-done :thumb: ) put up 0 points that week. Best backfield in 1A would have to be either S. Pitt (pure speed), Fayette (dominating W. TN), Jo Byrns (multi-talented), Eagleville (awesome talent at rb) or at FC (three guys averaging at least 1 t.d. per game & a QB who threw lights out last week)! Each of these teams and their records would indicate that any of these can lay claim to the best backfield in 1A.

Edited by Volzchamps

Where were these Collinwood guys in week 1? Collinwood (git-r-done ph34r.gif ) put up 0 points that week. Best backfield in 1A would have to be either S. Pitt (pure speed), Fayette (dominating W. TN), Jo Byrns (multi-talented), Eagleville (awesome talent at rb) or at FC (three guys averaging at least 1 t.d. per game & a QB who threw lights out last week)! Each of these teams and their records would indicate that any of these can lay claim to the best backfield in 1A.

Agreed, FA has a very strong backfield, Joe Wentworth, Ron Butler, Cole Trim and Pete Watson are all bruising backs with good speed. The fourth ranked offensive attack in all of Shelby-Metro.

South Pittsburg has 5 running backs that would start at most places. That's one reason Coach Grider went to the Wing T/Double Wing

1 Kartrez Bibbs RB/DB So.

2 David Jones RB/LB 5'8 165 So.

21 Rashawn Weatherspoon RB/DB 5'10 160 Jr.

24 Robert Robinson RB/LB 6'0 185 Jr.

25 Montrell Mitchell RB/LB So.

And don't forget our QB

5 Cody Robinson QB/LB 5-11 170 Jr.