Memphis East football NEW DIRECTION?

wtnoff

I saw Memphis Northside play at Munford and they are truely terrible. Our JV played after the first ten min. Memphis East first round game will likely be Henry Co. how do you think they can do against a big physical team like Henry Co.? I agree East is getting better it sounds like they avg. about 300yds a game on offense. Also a lot of peaple have been talking about a possible East-Munford matchup what do you think?

I think Henry Co. is a very good football team. East has struggled mightily against teams that are physical. Although they have been showing signs of becoming a more physical team, their first true test will be versus Henry Co. I think that will be a terrific game. Better than people think. East - Munford will not happen until the third round if things go as they should and East finishes third. East has a tough road to get there. Henry Co. then Melrose. If it happens, it will make big headlines. Super match up in the third round. Possible.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Henry Co. is a very good football team. East has struggled mightily against teams that are physical. Although they have been showing signs of becoming a more physical team, their first true test will be versus Henry Co. I think that will be a terrific game. Better than people think. East - Munford will not happen until the third round if things go as they should and East finishes third. East has a tough road to get there. Henry Co. then Melrose. If it happens, it will make big headlines. Super match up in the third round. Possible.

East-Munford isn't going to happen, not with East being in the same bracket with Henry and Melrose. I hear East has alot of players that are new to the team this year where did they come from?

Does anybody know who East plays this week? How is the QB doing he was really good last year according to gentry stats I think he was one of the top QB's in Shelby metro last year?

I've been following East football for about ten years now and I can honestly say that the reason for East past success is not Wayne Randall but the large amount of talent East was recieving form middle schools. Randall coaching mistakes was covered up by the amazing athletes he had. The "bread and butter" Buck Sweep was not a good play it's just players like Cassius Vaughn, Jimmy Beard, Camron Boga, and Cal Dickerson made them work. and as A former Wayne Randall coached player i can say he is not a good coach. It only looks that way to people who look from the outside in.

The drop in East's record this year is not do to coaching. If he was still at East the Record would BE WORST...and the East players feel that way too.Everyone is happy with the new coach and that Randall and Norewood are gone. and i only pray that we can meet up with Munford in the playoffs so I can do that Famous Wayne Shuffle (WWWOOOOOO) as the triple 0's hit.

I've been following East football for about ten years now and I can honestly say that the reason for East past success is not Wayne Randall but the large amount of talent East was recieving form middle schools. Randall coaching mistakes was covered up by the amazing athletes he had. The "bread and butter" Buck Sweep was not a good play it's just players like Cassius Vaughn, Jimmy Beard, Camron Boga, and Cal Dickerson made them work. and as A former Wayne Randall coached player i can say he is not a good coach. It only looks that way to people who look from the outside in.

The drop in East's record this year is not do to coaching. If he was still at East the Record would BE WORST...and the East players feel that way too.Everyone is happy with the new coach and that Randall and Norewood are gone. and i only pray that we can meet up with Munford in the playoffs so I can do that Famous Wayne Shuffle (WWWOOOOOO) as the triple 0's hit.

It was not Rome that conquered but Caesar. To witness bitterness and calumny in the heart of a soldier against his victorious commander, speaks volumes that has little to do with football.

man,man,man are you ever so wrong. munford football went from the bottom of the list to region champs over night and you are gonna say it isnt him.Oh how ironic that when randall goes to munford they start winning and east starts dropping. hmmmmmmmm,lets see, he must be doing something right

Let the record speak for itself!!! A State Championship and a State Runner-up. Everyone in the state knows the reason that Randle was fired and it was a shame and an embarassment to the Memphis City Schools that it happened. I hope that your present coach represents himself and East High School in the same manner and with the same professionalism and sucess that Coach Randle did. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain the level of the program that it achieved under your former coach. As for your comments, they showed you to be as ignorant and biased as they were.

Sorry folks, but I must interject on this one. Everyone benefits from talent. Without some kind of talent, it is hard to be successful. Whether you like the man or not, you can't argue with the results. He has a state title and finished as a runner-up the following year. While under his tenure, the status of the program improved. Yes, the change in the playoff system in the early 90's and the influx of talents helped, but you still have to coach that talent. At some point, the level of talent is the same. Whether you you agree or disagree with his firing, it is a mute point. It happened and we must all go on. We will see how much it helps or hurts East in the next couple of years and I think people were a little too quick to announce the demise of the program. One year (and surely not a few games) does not make or break a program. They have some nice young talent. The change has obviously helped Munford and I congratulate Coach, his staff, and the Cougar faithful for their regional championship. Hope to meet some time in the furture. Let's keep this about football and leave the personal stuff to yourself.

Sorry folks, but I must interject on this one. Everyone benefits from talent. Without some kind of talent, it is hard to be successful. Whether you like the man or not, you can't argue with the results. He has a state title and finished as a runner-up the following year. While under his tenure, the status of the program improved. Yes, the change in the playoff system in the early 90's and the influx of talents helped, but you still have to coach that talent. At some point, the level of talent is the same. Whether you you agree or disagree with his firing, it is a mute point. It happened and we must all go on. We will see how much it helps or hurts East in the next couple of years and I think people were a little too quick to announce the demise of the program. One year (and surely not a few games) does not make or break a program. They have some nice young talent. The change has obviously helped Munford and I congratulate Coach, his staff, and the Cougar faithful for their regional championship. Hope to meet some time in the furture. Let's keep this about football and leave the personal stuff to yourself.

well said!

Great post eastMustang!!! Very well put.

I've been coaching a long time in this city and it's always the same old story "it's not the coaching it's the talent that makes a coach successful" well you don't have the slightest clue of what your talking about. That's one of the draw backs of our business is to be surrounded by so many experts. Let me ask you, what experience do you have in this field other than shouting what should be done from the stands? I've had the pleasure to compete against coach Randall for many years and no one has their players better prepaired for friday nights. Coach Randall is a very good high school football coach I think we will all agree to that, at least anyone who knows what their talking about, who once again proves himself by winning at East with undisciplined talent and follows that with winning a region title at Munford that has a poor history of success. I have a question for you, what does the change in the playoff system have to do with the success of Randall at East when he finished every year either 1 or 2 in the region. East may not have the Vaughn and Boga superstar but they are as talented overall as last year, they're not as disciplined and I'll be surprised if they make it out of the first round. I will leave it at this, before Randall, East wasn't very good, with Randall they won state, with out Randall time will tell.

Yes talent makes a world of a difference but it isn't everything by far. Need I go far, i.e. New York Yankees, i.e. Team US basketball. No army ever went to war and got it done without leadership, guidance and discipline.

To counteract that, don't count East out yet. Only a small collection of coaches have ever come in and just took a program and ran the races with them (great job at proving me wrong Coach Randall haha the irony). Give hime some time to install what he has and maybe 2 or 3 years from now we can go to being critics.