Willamson county Teams

DicksonCounty001

oh excuse me, ive never heard of creekwood must not be that good

again 6 schools to 2 schools....

either way, williamson county will continue to get lots of media coverage, because thats were the people are. if you dont like it, dont listen to your radio/TV/ or read your paper...thats life get over it

You have no room to talk unless centennial does something with that football team over there they are going to be forgotton don't hate on the dc boys for wanting media attention for their UNDEFEATED season so far, they are going to kill your cougars leave this thread alone along with the dc faithfull!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being a student in williamson county, and having lived here my intire life (17 yrs.)

id like to say this to you, the radio station you were probably listening was based and/or has strong ties to brentwood. might i remind brentwood is one of the wealthest cities in america as is williamson county is the 11th or 12th wealthest in the nation. i personally dont come from alot of money. just cause someone lives in williamson county doesnt mean they have money, there are some parts of the county that dont even recieve fresh water!

now back to the subject at hand...having worked for local media, its all about demographics, and where there listeners/views/readers come from, the media puts alot of money and effort in "targeting audiences" they take annual surveys on all sorts of topics throught their veiwing areas, to see what the people want, and thats what they give 'em. when dickson can start producing state champs. and extremly strong and talented teams, im talking more than one team...cause right now you got Dickson County High School, as where in williamson county you've got Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independance, and Franklin....6 schools to 1

you do the math

You only named four schools. If you are including Centennial in that six you are crazy. I am pretty sure Dickson County beat the mess out of yall last year. Just for the record that was one of our down years. So what does that say about your team? Just to let you know we won the state a while ago and I am positive that is more than yall have accomplished!!!!!!!

The night you mentioned featured two big time matchups- and two upsets. All of those teams happened to be in Williamson County. Throw in the BA-McCallie game, and you have another WillCo team in a big time contest.

I have had relationships with two of the major Nashville sports radio stations that do high school football. Some nights, it is a Metro clash that takes center stage, other times it's the privates. They also tend to follow those teams that are doing well. When Ron Aydelott was at Hillsboro, he was almost a guarantee to be on the radio on Friday. Ron Crawford is a good interview- that's why they talk to him.

Dickson County has their own paper that talks twice a week about your teams exclusively. They also have radio coverage every game. Williamson County has ONE radio station that will travel to the best game each Friday night. So, on a per capita basis, your team gets far more coverage in their local media market than any of the WillCo teams.

You just need to know where to get information and talk about your team- and not expect the Nashhville media to highlight it routinely.

You only named four schools. If you are including Centennial in that six you are crazy. I am pretty sure Dickson County beat the mess out of yall last year. Just for the record that was one of our down years. So what does that say about your team? Just to let you know we won the state a while ago and I am positive that is more than yall have accomplished!!!!!!!

Get seeded higher than 3rd in the region and they'll talk about you.

God, you boys whine a lot. I know it's lonely out there in the boonies, but perhaps it's time you entertained more company than just your mommies on a daily basis.

And just for the record, while you creamed centennial last year, they beat you just as bad the year before.

The night you mentioned featured two big time matchups- and two upsets. All of those teams happened to be in Williamson County. Throw in the BA-McCallie game, and you have another WillCo team in a big time contest.

I have had relationships with two of the major Nashville sports radio stations that do high school football. Some nights, it is a Metro clash that takes center stage, other times it's the privates. They also tend to follow those teams that are doing well. When Ron Aydelott was at Hillsboro, he was almost a guarantee to be on the radio on Friday. Ron Crawford is a good interview- that's why they talk to him.

Dickson County has their own paper that talks twice a week about your teams exclusively. They also have radio coverage every game. Williamson County has ONE radio station that will travel to the best game each Friday night. So, on a per capita basis, your team gets far more coverage in their local media market than any of the WillCo teams.

You just need to know where to get information and talk about your team- and not expect the Nashhville media to highlight it routinely.

Your not getting it. it not that I want Dickson hight lighted I want all teams to get the same billing. So get off my back read all the post then come back and run your mouth. Start with #4 post. Im for football sounds like your for you only.

You have no room to talk unless centennial does something with that football team over there they are going to be forgotton don't hate on the dc boys for wanting media attention for their UNDEFEATED season so far, they are going to kill your cougars leave this thread alone along with the dc faithfull!!!!!!!!!

look man we all know centennial stinks at football, and this topic isnt about centennial its about the media. the only reason i voiced my input on here, is cause

a.) i worked for local media, and know/understand how they work, and why they do the things they do, and thought id offer my knowledge, to help everyone better understand, why williamson county gets the coverage they do

b.)

I know what you mean... I think the best thing is for dickson to run the tables on all the williamson county teams, and i hope they do. I personally am getting about sick of this whole "just cause we live in williamson county and we are rich we r better then everybody else" I hope dickson stomps every single team in williamson. That will give the media something to report.

GO LEVI DAVIS #50 LB

that kinda made me mad, cause not every one in williamson county rich. and the majority of the people who live here dont think their better than everyone else! most williamson countians are great people, and are very generous with what money they have.

Your getting a little touchy Newbie Dickson County 001. :o

I'll cut you some slack and speak with logic rather than emotion. Personal attacks will get you hammered by people with a lot more ammunition than you can dream of.

There is NO way in a one or two hour radio post game show that everyone can get equal billing. It is not physically or commercially possible. Highlighting a few KEY games and running scores for the rest, while fielding any calls, is as good as it EVER will get. That is true for ESPN, local TV, or any media outlet. Most everyone in the audience is just concerned about a few key games and scores-the other stuff just adds content and context.

Your choices if you don't like it:

Buy time on the station and publicize your team

Contact the stations and ask to be a correspondant for your team and see if they want to go that route.

BTW, I read all of the posts in a thread before I comment; it's just that some posts are more intelligently thought out than others.

look man we all know centennial stinks at football, and this topic isnt about centennial its about the media. the only reason i voiced my input on here, is cause

a.) i worked for local media, and know/understand how they work, and why they do the things they do, and thought id offer my knowledge, to help everyone better understand, why williamson county gets the coverage they do

b.)

that kinda made me mad, cause not every one in williamson county rich. and the majority of the people who live here dont think their better than everyone else! most williamson countians are great people, and are very generous with what money they have.

I have NO LET ME SAY IT ONE MORE TIME NO HARD FEELING AT ANYONE FROM WILLIAMSON COUNTY AND ITS NOT ABOUT THEM BEING RICH OR NOT BEING RICH ITS ALL ABOUT THE MEDIA AND WHO THEY COVER ON FRIDAY NIGHTS.

Your getting a little touchy Newbie Dickson County 001. :thumb:

I'll cut you some slack and speak with logic rather than emotion. Personal attacks will get you hammered by people with a lot more ammunition than you can dream of.

There is NO way in a one or two hour radio post game show that everyone can get equal billing. It is not physically or commercially possible. Highlighting a few KEY games and running scores for the rest, while fielding any calls, is as good as it EVER will get. That is true for ESPN, local TV, or any media outlet. Most everyone in the audience is just concerned about a few key games and scores-the other stuff just adds content and context.

Your choices if you don't like it:

Buy time on the station and publicize your team

Contact the stations and ask to be a correspondant for your team and see if they want to go that route.

BTW, I read all of the posts in a thread before I comment; it's just that some posts are more intelligently thought out than others.

Ok thank so much for cutting me some slack. im not upset and have no beef with you. I know that everyone cant get the same billing. i also no we'll never have world peace but that not stoping people from talking about it. If you read all the post why are you making it about me and you. sorry if i sound to touchy But some times the media is on and last friday the where off! ( just keeping it real) newbie

I have NO LET ME SAY IT ONE MORE TIME NO HARD FEELING AT ANYONE FROM WILLIAMSON COUNTY AND ITS NOT ABOUT THEM BEING RICH OR NOT BEING RICH ITS ALL ABOUT THE MEDIA AND WHO THEY COVER ON FRIDAY NIGHTS.

im glad to hear, and i never said you had "hard feelings" towards williamson county.

again the reason of my post, was to try help you DC001 understand why the media covers the teams that they do.

then some guy (billyjoe) gets off calling everyone in williamson county rich and stuck up, which set me off, and lead me to bashing DC football teams.

which i do apologize for cause i no nothing about any team in Dickson County, other than the fact DC ussualy kills Centennial but thats not saying alot cause everyone kills us. cause we are offically the worst team in the state.

mabye this clears things up, sorry you had to get your answer in such an rude, in-classy way!