Wk.6 Sullivan South @ TN HIGH

HiGipper

Hey, Pay Attention. "The Mo Ron of The Day" award has already been given out.

Explain to me how a game can be closer than the score indicates. I do here that about alot of games, but is that even possible. Isn't that why we keep score? You can talk all you want about passing yards, rushing yards, first down and turn overs. In the end its always about who scores the most points. Heck, if DB's defense hadn't scored so much maybe our offense could of had the ball a little more and racked up more yardage. But that don't matter because the final score was 41 - 7, and thats not close.

IF YOU GET BEAT 41-7 IT WAS NOT CLOSE !

Oh, and another thing, The letters "DB" have appeared in 22 post already on this thread not counting mine. So this is more of a DB thread than anything else anyway.

Guess what....DB won the Bearden game. They won it by scoring more points than Bearden.

That does come with a trophy....right?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey volman i love how you have been talking trash about me for the past 4 weeks and i would be at the game friday if i wasnt going on a church trip. I think Tenn High will dominate the O and D line. They were the most physical team we have played this year. Curt will do good but he will get hit to much to be comfortable. I say tenn high wins this one 28-7.

The Greatest 20 B)

Your The Man Volmanscott :thumb:

:thumb:

Hey volman i love how you have been talking trash about me for the past 4 weeks and i would be at the game friday if i wasnt going on a church trip. I think Tenn High will dominate the O and D line. They were the most physical team we have played this year. Curt will do good but he will get hit to much to be comfortable. I say tenn high wins this one 28-7.

The Greatest 20 :thumb:

Your The Man Volmanscott :thumb:

Well, if it ain't the self proclaimed 'Greatest' after all. I was wandering if you'd post. I was wandering how you'd handle it. And, I'll have to say, you handled it with class. Now, I know our kids have given you a lot of heat over the last couple of years as well as myself and some others on here, but doesn't it feel good to show class? Don't you think you've provoked it a bit? If you continue this I may just warm up to you. After all, I do think you are a very good high school athlete. You just have a little work to do in the on field attitude department. Wouldn't you agree? Think of it this way, who do you respect more as a professional, T.O. or say a Jerry Rice? Just let your play speak for itself and you'll be okay. Again, thanks for showing class on here and good luck to you the rest of the season. Enjoy your week off and especially enjoy the church trip. I'll lay off now. Deal?

P.S. this post is between Joseph and myself, please refrain from adding fuel.

This will be the biggest game of the season, 4 both teams and i dont know why people are constantly referring back to last years game. This is a dif. TH team, and last years game can not compare. Jus look @ the DB game, sure the score was 41-7, but it was 13-7 towards then end of the 3rd and if it wasnt for the repeating turnovers the outcome would surely of been dif. THS drove the ball down field but jus couldnt get it in and DB couldnt get it done against the Vikings hardnosed D, for the 1st 3 quarters atleast. But turnovers cant be an excuse and DB is a good team and will make it to the semifinals. As for this game, South cant run with the Vikings even with there 2 wks to prepare or injuries that may have occured against DB. THS will control the entire game and the final score is...35-7

This will be the biggest game of the season, 4 both teams and i dont know why people are constantly referring back to last years game. This is a dif. TH team, and last years game can not compare.

You know…I think I have heard all the 05 Viking bashing that I can take! Yes they did have their issues but in know way does THIS YEARS Viking offense stack up to last years team. And if you’re a Viking fan, don’t take my word for it...Compare the stats!!! And those of you who think it’s the QB’s fault that we don’t pass the ball…think again. Danny has a strong arm and CAN throw the ball well. Put it this way…Coach Stubs knows what he’s working with and knows how to get the most out of it! And I think I’ll leave it at that…until this comes up again. :lol:

You know…I think I have heard all the 05 Viking bashing that I can take! Yes they did have their issues but in know way does THIS YEARS Viking offense stack up to last years team. And if you’re a Viking fan, don’t take my word for it...Compare the stats!!! And those of you who think it’s the QB’s fault that we don’t pass the ball…think again. Danny has a strong arm and CAN throw the ball well. Put it this way…Coach Stubs knows what he’s working with and knows how to get the most out of it! And I think I’ll leave it at that…until this comes up again. :lol:

I agree 100%

how do you have time to keep up with all this and still stink up to burns and pitts..

I think it is about time for you to start some trouble at KING... Any preseason parties going on this year?

Edited by wood2

Last year is over and done with. Daniel Booher, a good QB. Ryan Shaw and Carelton Bell, both good backs. Buts they are gone and let the new boys take their reigns. I beleive Danny Thomas won the farthest throw in the Jamboree and I have seen him in practice and games and he can throw well. Also THS backs run very hard and get the job done. Why throw when you can control all aspects of the game by running? Thomas has converted many 3rd and longs with his arm and his feet. Howard and Baker have the agility to make you miss then burn you. Strickland is just a powerhouse looking to run you over. WHy dont you haters quit whining about the offense being one dimensional and understand Stubb's game plan a little better?

THS 37

SSHS 7

how do you have time to keep up with all this and still stink up to burns and pitts..

I think it is about time for you to start some trouble at KING... Any preseason parties going on this year?

It’s easy…I’m a Viking FANATIC!!!!!! And as fare as King is concerned…if you know anything about me at all you know that I don’t, and DON’T HAVE TOO “stink” up to any coach!!!!

I have all confidence in Coach Stubs and his staff. I don’t always agree or understand some of his decisions at the time…but after the smoke has cleared, you have to know that he knows his players and team better than we do. The Vikings have a good thing going right now and in my opinion NO team in this region has an answer or the personnel to stop them…and that includes SOUTH!!!! So the Rebels better strap it on because you don’t have to watch much game film to know what’s coming. The question is CAN YOU STOP IT!!!!!! :thumb:

Last years game was led by Jake Hicks. Curt Phillips was injured. Bristol looked very strong against DB. They have a complete team. The kicking game will pressurize South heavily. South is healthy except for one key player. RB Fletcher is not back. No one in NET could stop him including DB. They will miss him dearly. Stacy Carter has been bashed all season for not providing the correct leadership. It has been said that he lives and dies by the spread offence. Carter has endured life altering circumstances since before the Jamboree. Circumstances which impare judgement. You will see changes in this game. You will see a coaching staff with a renewed direction. Can the South team leaders manufacture the required motivation to play with this physical Bristol team. To be seen. One thing for sure, against Johnson County South dropped 4? breakaway (TD) passes. South was in the red zone 4 times and failed. Phillips passes were all on the money to recievers who previously would not fail. Phillips has 5 breakaway recievers. If they are on then it is on. Obviously, Bristol will blitz. How will South deal with it this time? It is said that Johnson County is the hardest hitting team in the MLC. South will not roll over and die in this one. Bristol will expect to blow the doors off. One problem I see and one that bothered DB is the Bristol stadium. The feeling is claustrophobic. The end zone and side lines alike impose a sense of a much smaller field and therfore may impair judgement. Whoever recieves the ball after the half will have the upper hand. Curt Phillips future is secure. His reputation is on the line. I see Bristol doing nothing different. They will attempt to run the ball down South's throat...and that will tell the tale. May no injuries occur and may the best team win.