Wk.6 Sullivan South @ TN HIGH

HiGipper

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to drop in my two cents as an outsider. I enjoy watching northeast TN football, and I usually select a 4A or 5A showdown to watch. I have seen both of these teams play this year, and they are two fine teams. The Viking faithful seem very confident, maybe too confident, going into this contest. Curt Phillips is one of the best high school QB's I have ever seen. In my opinion he ranks up there with the Maryville QB in 04'. South has a solid line, and so does THS. Both programs have great coaching staffs. This will be a hard fought contest, and I do believe the Vikings to be over confident and this will cost them dearly. South always elevates their game when they face THS, remember the playoffs of 04'. South almost shocked the world. Vikings you are a fine team , better than I expected at the start of the year, but you are not close to 04 team, no Zak and Whitten on this team................The MLC crown WILL STAY IN DEATH VALLEY this year and next

Rebels 27

Vikings 17

good luck to both

Jcolter, You were quite the expert on this call. Good show!

By the way, hopefully this reality check will remind everyone that trash talkers don't have to know much football to blow hard on this site. Let's recall all who deserve double servings of crow by reviewing the many preceeding pages of predictions/proclamations. Bon appetit!

I think that if there are Viking players on here they need to (at this time) get off here and get into the ZONE!!! Just a small stat thrown out there…out of the VERY few times the Vikings 1st string D (THE FORTRESS) has been scored on, were has the breakdown come from? Let me give you a hint…they were ALL three passes…and they were all on ONE side. Not really trying to single anyone out but if you don’t think the South coaches know that you’re fooling yourself!!! One more note…The Viking front four and linebackers have shut out EVERY single opponent that they have faced…that’s right that includes the might DB Indians!!!! THEY DON’T TALK ABOUT IT THEY JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hahahahahahahahaha ;):ph34r::(

Kingsport -2

Tenn High -0

Not this time. We CHOKED…plain and simple!!!!!! South won the battle on both sides of the ball. #70 for South was in the backfield ALL NIGHT LONG. #74 for the Vikings played matador for him ALL NIGHT LONG!!! Philips was as expected. If his receivers were open…he put the ball in their hands. The only thing I didn’t expect was South dominating both sides of the line of scrimmage!! Hopefully we will get another shot in the playoffs. Congrats to the Rebels you deserve this win…but we will be back.

By the way Volman…that didn’t look like Josef Throp to me planting the rebel flag at center field after the game ended as he taunted the Viking fans. But it had to be…according to you he’s the ONLY one that would do something like that!!! :D

Cap1 talked trash with the best of them, however now he speaks plain English. It is admirable that a diehard fan can swallow his pride and give credit where credit is due. My hat is off to him for his textbook display of true sportsmanship. I will honor and respect his presence on this site. He had to have been at the game. And anyone attending this event was convinced that the preseason hype is real. This game was no accident, no turnover fest, no miscue, no injury laden could-have-been, but instead was an example of a group of seniors making a decision to do what was expected of them. Curt Phillips is learning the maturity of the game and the need to depend on the other 10 members of the offense. A very gutsy showing on his part. It will be interesting to hear how the Bristol players rate South in terms of intensity.

Is Curt Phillips better than Daniel Williams?

Curt Phillips has the chance to be a D-1 college QB. Not too many of those from these parts over the last several years. The big boy from D-B a few years ago that went to play baseball at Kentucky is the only one that I remember being 'in his league'. Now, there are a lot of good high school QB's around, but to be D-1 you have to have it all. Size/Strength/speed/smarts. Curt has it all.

I have to tell you that I am surprised. After seeing South take Greeneville, I wasn't that impressed. South has apparently turned the page and Phillips must be using the rest of the team to help him now? Even after watching the G'ville game he seemed to have the best tools at QB in this area but his decision making needed work. Sounds as if he has gotten ahold of that problem. Congradulations to the Rebs but you can never count the Vikings out until the season is over. Good luck to you both.

I have a question for South fans. I have been watching TN.HIGH the last several years and when this Senior group played as Freshmans South had a big powerful RB that was real good. My question is did he transfer or what?

Now you have your answer. I was smiling from ear to ear when you asked this question the other day. I knew our game plan was to start J.D. at fullback. I was just afraid someone would let the cat out of the bag. Not that the Viking coaches read this or anything, but you never know.