Wk.6 Sullivan South @ TN HIGH

HiGipper

South @ The Castle rematch. Very possible.

#1 seed South hosts Boone in 2nd round and wins. #2 THS travels to MoWest and wins. THS will have earned home field because they beat the region 2's # 1 team.

(it is region 2's turn in the rotation to host round 3 but there are no region 2 teams left and THS gets the home rotation over South.)

Round 4 is in Knoxville/Chattanooga this year.

How did this play out in 2004? Elizabethton beat the #1 team in Region 2, but they still had to face Tennessee at the Castle in the quarterfinals.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this play out in 2004? Elizabethton beat the #1 team in Region 2, but they still had to face Tennessee at the Castle in the quarterfinals.

Yes because even though the home field was designated to the lower bracket, since both teams were from the same region, the top seed (TN) got the home field. The same scenario played out in '03 when Elizabethton (#1) was beaten in the 1st round. Greeneville and West made it to the 3rd round and West (top seed) got home field even though it was originally designated for the upper bracket that year. Bracketology ... aint' it grand!

Edited by randy3116

Yes because even though the home field was designated to the lower bracket, since both teams were from the same region, the top seed (TN) got the home field. The same scenario played out in '03 when Elizabethton (#1) was beaten in the 1st round. Greeneville and West made it to the 3rd round and West (top seed) got home field even though it was originally designated for the upper bracket that year.

You are correct. I am wrong. The alternating only happens at 4th round. The South @ The Castle rematch will not happen if South ends up 1st and continues to win. I tried. Would have been fun.

We'll know soon enough. I'm watching Johnson County. They may have a say in all this. I believe they will fight THS for 2nd @ The Castle. If they win out and place 2nd then South, THS & Johnson County would all possibly be alive into the 2nd round.

I thought the Vikes had to go up to Johnson Co. this year?

Congrats to the Rebels for a great win. Carter and company showed us a text book example of how to game plan and take advantage of an off week. Phillips looked like the real deal. The Rebel defense was nasty. They did everything you are supposed to do to win on the road. GREAT JOB! Good luck the rest of the way.

Vikings, we're 0-for-Kingsport. Let that burn in your belly and fuel us for the rest of the season. There is still a lot of football left to be played and a home playoff game to be played for.

Edited by VikingVoice

We'll know soon enough. I'm watching Johnson County. They may have a say in all this. I believe they will fight THS for 2nd @ The Castle. If they win out and place 2nd then South, THS & Johnson County would all possibly be alive into the 2nd round.

Bristol is @ J County. The crystal ball says the 2nd round is just as you have stated.

Morristown West will beat South or Tennessee High by 3 touchdowns on their worst night. Maryville will beat Morristown West by 4 touchdowns on their worst night. Thats how week at football we are up here. And yes, DB will get beat in the playoffs to. Theres just not enough talent up here to prepare any of us for the teams out of Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Middle Tennessee.

Waco...go back to Riverview...And see if you can requisition some of that 12 mill they just inherited. Maybe some of that money will go to rebuild J Fred Johnson Stadium...and get some visitors seats. Or maybe we could get you to take Eastman Rd. and just make a nice little campus and build a Dome. Better hurry before the state takes over the county/city system.

IMO looks like regon 2 is M/West, M/East, D/Boone, Cherokee. If region 1 ends up South, Bristol, J County, North then can someone tell me who plays who? Because I don't think Mtn. City will beat Bristol in spite of the good game it will be. And I don't think Boone beats East, however in the last 3 M/East has Cherokee, G'ville, and Boone. That's a mouthful but I think they will win them all unless G'ville goes mental. Actually 4th place in the MLC is up for grabs so we'll see.

IMO looks like regon 2 is M/West, M/East, D/Boone, Cherokee. If region 1 ends up South, Bristol, J County, North then can someone tell me who plays who? Because I don't think Mtn. City will beat Bristol in spite of the good game it will be. And I don't think Boone beats East, however in the last 3 M/East has Cherokee, G'ville, and Boone. That's a mouthful but I think they will win them all unless G'ville goes mental. Actually 4th place in the MLC is up for grabs so we'll see.

People did not think Boone would beat MoEast last year either.