Region 6-AA Forecast and Pencilton Ratings...

donhaney

Back in the early 1980's, there were a few of us here in Lewis County that tried to emulate rankings and ratings systems. Some did pretty good, others were awful. Years ago, there was only the Litkenhouse Ratings and the Dunkel Index. I developed a ratings system myself that was a forerunner to the dozens of computer generated rankings of today. Indulge me if you will as I resurect from the dead... The Pencilton Ratings.

Named the pencilton because my then entire statewide rankings were done by pencil and paper and kept in a very large notebook. I will reveal my rankings only for Region 6-AA at present. I have gone back to week O and gotten everything included in the system.

Pencilton Rankings: Region 6-AA

1: Camden ------ 89.7

2: Lewis Co. ---- 89.4

3: Waverly ------ 68.4

4: Richland ------ 62.3

5: Adamsville---- 59.4

6: Houston Co. --56.7

7: Stewart Co. -- 55.4

8: Riverside ------54.3

9: Loretto -------- 48.2

**Please remember these are for amusement and minor debate. Personal preferances do not enter into the equation. I use a formula I developed circa 1979.

Week 5 Predictions....

Adamsville 10 at Riverside 7

Camden 43 at Richland 6

Lewis County 37 at Houston County 7

Loretto 18 at Stewart County 28

Montgomery Central 6 at Waverly 7

Edited by donhaney

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the early 1980's, there were a few of us here in Lewis County that tried to emulate rankings and ratings systems. Some did pretty good, others were awful. Years ago, there was only the Litkenhouse Ratings and the Dunkel Index. I developed a ratings system myself that was a forerunner to the dozens of computer generated rankings of today. Indulge me if you will as I resurect from the dead... The Pencilton Ratings.

Named the pencilton because my then entire statewide rankings were done by pencil and paper and kept in a very large notebook. I will reveal my rankings only for Region 6-AA at present. I have gone back to week O and gotten everything included in the system.

**Please remember these are for amusement and minor debate. Personal preferances do not enter into the equation. I use a formula I developed circa 1979.

Week 5 Predictions....

Camden 43 at Richland 6

Since I don't know how this ratings system works, I can't argue for or against these ratings, but that is how I see them in my mind. Can't wait to see LC play.

Donhaney,

I would be interested in the basics of how that system works so I would know whether or not I could argye with it. I do agree with the top 3 in the region, but I think right now 4-8 could be drawn out of a hat just as well with Loretto pulling up the rear. I am ready for a good night of football around the region. Got some rough weather moving into the western half later today so every one please be careful. Good luck to everyone tonight. I think the cardinals will actually start scoring some points tonight.

Adamsville 17

Riverside- 0

Week 5 Predictions....

Camden 43 at Richland 6

Looks like a pretty accurate rating system. I think everyone that is rational at all would say that Camden and Lewis Co are the class teams of the region, with the remaining incredibly similar. No team with stellar offenses. #3 through #9 is wide open. It could get pretty interesting going into week 10. Good luck to all teams and keep this rating system updated as we continue to follow it.

Week 5 Predictions....

Camden 43 at Richland 6

Wow, that was some pretty nice predictions.

Thank you, thank you! I was very fortunate this week that things worked as they should have but remember, these rankings are no different than anyone elses except for two things... One is that for some home fields, I establish more of an advantage that I do for others and two, I sometimes use common sense with factoring my formula.

Here is this week's Pencilton Ratings....

September 24, 2006

1: Camden ------ 93.2

2: Lewis Co. ---- 88.2

3: Waverly ------ 69.5

4: Adamsville---- 63.1

5: Richland ------ 59.8

6: Houston Co. -- 57.9

7: Stewart Co. -- 53.9

8: Riverside ------ 50.6

9: Loretto -------- 49.7

Week 6

Adamsville 10 at Lewis County 34

Houston County 6 at Camden 48

Loretto at Open

Riverside 6 at Waverly 25

Stewart County 13 at Richland 19

Thank you, thank you! I was very fortunate this week that things worked as they should have but remember, these rankings are no different than anyone elses except for two things... One is that for some home fields, I establish more of an advantage that I do for others and two, I sometimes use common sense with factoring my formula.

Here is this week's Pencilton Ratings....

September 24, 2006

1: Camden ------ 93.2

2: Lewis Co. ---- 88.2

3: Waverly ------ 69.5

4: Adamsville---- 63.1

5: Richland ------ 59.8

6: Houston Co. -- 57.9

7: Stewart Co. -- 53.9

8: Riverside ------ 50.6

9: Loretto -------- 49.7

Week 6

Adamsville 10 at Lewis County 34

Houston County 6 at Camden 48

Loretto at Open

Riverside 6 at Waverly 25

Stewart County 13 at Richland 19

I hope you are wrong on the Stewart-Richland pick because I picked the Rebels to get to .500 this year and that means I need two more wins. Richland is one of the games that they'll need to win to get to the playoffs. Either way I still like the Rebels to beat Houston Co. Adamsville and Riverside are games that will make or break the Rebels playoff hopes.

These rankings proved to be pretty accurate. I believe through week 5 that the order of finish in our region will go something like this.

1. camden/lewis county winner

2. camden/lewis county loser

3. waverly

4. Adamsville, Stewart County, Richland- this spot might not be decided until week 10 in Adamsville when Richland comes to town.

These are all dependent upon no upsets. I do not think Lc or Camden get upset, but Waverly needs to be on their toes. I am pulling for this not to happen, but they need not overlook ne1. What do some of you guys think now that we have 5 weeks out of the way.

GO CARDS! You are heading in the right direction. Keep working hard.

Edited by cardfan