Milan at Humboldt

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k...well let me get my opinion out on this game...milan is a great team...their Dline and Oline are very big and strong...but milan wanted this game more than humboldt...humboldt would get milan to 3rd and 4th downs but milan would always get a 1st down out of those...after humboldt got the great punt from their punter to pin milan back on their own 7 and 2 plays later got a safety i thought we had a lot of momentum but milan took that momentum away...i went back and watched the film of the game and noticed that there was a lot of missed blocking assignments on offense and missed tackles on defense in the backfield for humboldt...but congrats to milan on their win and good luck against huntingdon which will be another big rivalry game!

Milan has more talent but not that much more. Plain and simple Milan OUTCOACHED Humboldt....Milan was prepared for everything Humboldt did and as coach Morris said "We whipped 'em up front."

yes...you were ready...which seemed like yall were ready for the run the whole game considering yall had 8 men in the box the whole night...that's why the passing opened up and the running game opened up there at the end of the 3rd...the only bad things that happened on humboldt's passing was the tipped pass by kirby on the line and moore made a nice one handed snatch to get it and return it for a TD and also the the interception by i think it was the safety where he leaped over the humboldt receiver and intercepted it...and yes yall did beat us up front

Let me address a few things in this thread. I was with John on the air on 96.5 around 9 PM when we got the call from Bill Haney. Bill came on and dropped the news on us, sourcing his news from Murphy Fair. Had this been a call from a casual fan, I would have dismissed it immediately. However, when you have men of Bill and Murphy's stature, you have to treat it as news. Both of those men are responsible individuals who have contributed a portion of their lives covering Milan football (in Bill's case) and all of Tennessee football (in Murphy's case). When those two speak about high school football, you have to listen. In that situation, we can't casually dismiss what they say.

If you listen to our shows regularly, you know that the overall tone of both the 5-7 and 7-9:30 shows on 96.5 are positive shows, and that we don't tolerate name calling or criticism of coaches or programs.

To say that we were excited to report that Milan was 0-5 is incorrect. If the broadcast had been televised, you would have seen that the look on our faces was not excitement. It was stunned disbelief. As a part of two of the four shows on 96.5 on Fridays, I can assure all of you that we try as hard as possible to be impartial to all West Tennessee teams.

We were trying to process this news live on the air, note the sources of the news, and discuss the potential impact on Region 7-2A. We also noted near our 9:30 sign off that these types of issues are usually self-reported, that Coach Morris runs a class program, and that Milan had the right opponents left on their schedule to still make a run at the Region title if the news is true. We also pointed out that people shouldn’t be taking shots at Milan because most of these issues are not intentional but are oversights that nobody caught until it was too late.

If you continued to listen, you heard Murphy Fair go on the air on the show following ours around 10 and explain what he knew and how he knew it. A man of his reputation is not going to be throwing false accusations around on the air, and knowing that about him, we had to go with his news when it was presented to us around 9.

And as John noted above we also said to wait and see exactly what the specifics are when the details are released.

I heard everything that was said on 96.5 Friday night and I will have to agree that you guys made it sound as though you were thrilled to report this news. I just cannot believe that Bill Haney as well loved as he is in Milan would air this "breaking news" before getting all the facts. And as far as Fair goes, it's just another attempt by middle TN to put down West Tn any chance they get.

The fact is the TSSAA is merely investigating this accusation by USJ and a ruling will be handed down one day next week they hope. This player was deemed eligible to play for Milan by the TSSAA before he moved to Milan. So we all know what's going on here.

Money talks and the truth sometimes walks. We won't go down without exhausting every means possible to keep our record intact...The truth shall set you free.